Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 03:33 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
god didn't seem to give a crap when christians killed off the most of the american indians.
Oh He did, which is why they get a resurrections and the "Christians" who killed them probably won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 04:40 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Too late and won't happen. Satan is the God of this world and controls the governments except when God steps in for his own purpose, and his ultimate purpose is to destroy all governments and replace them with his son's Kingdom.
That which is adversarial has its seat in the Churches.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:20 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have a feeling when Jesus returns, its not going to be a good day for America!!!

I also have a feeling WE are that nation the bible refers to as 'modern day Babylon', that nation who kings of the world seek to do business with, that nation made up of 'many different peoples', that nation where all kinds of immorality, corruption and sin are celebrated and even openly encouraged.
I agree with this. The Constitution was written by men who were heavily influence by Christian doctrine. The form is sound and America has been blessed by it. But the past 50 years we have been slowly moving away from this ideal. The slop is toward an immoral culture bent on doing anything that contradicts God’s Word.

People in this country are richer than ever yet are one of the most unethical, unhappy, and ungrateful lot on this planet.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
The Constitution was written by men who were heavily influence by Christian doctrine.
This is not exactly accurate, do a bit more research.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:40 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Condemning a country or certain people is not helping anything. And as we can see, it is not the world that's an issue - it's the people who are self-exalting and hateful towards others - that's the problem.
I don't necessarily agree with his ways but I don't think he's hateful in the slightest.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Condemning a country or certain people is not helping anything. And as we can see, it is not the world that's an issue - it's the people who are self-exalting and hateful towards others - that's the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
I don't necessarily agree with his ways but I don't think he's hateful in the slightest.
I wasn't condemning him.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:17 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I agree with this. The Constitution was written by men who were heavily influence by Christian doctrine. The form is sound and America has been blessed by it. But the past 50 years we have been slowly moving away from this ideal. The slop is toward an immoral culture bent on doing anything that contradicts God’s Word.

People in this country are richer than ever yet are one of the most unethical, unhappy, and ungrateful lot on this planet.
Agreed. The stage is set for the soon-coming man of sin, the son of perdition known as the antichrist. This world leader will captivate and seduce false religions and the world alike because they don't have the love of the One and ONLY true God in them.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:30 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Agreed. The stage is set for the soon-coming man of sin, the son of perdition known as the antichrist. This world leader will captivate and seduce false religions and the world alike because they don't have the love of the One and ONLY true God in them.
I imagine when this antichrist DOES come, if we are still around, there will probably be numerous threads debating whether this person is the AC or not, some will recognize it, some will say they are crazy, he could not be the AC for such and such reason.

I dont think we are anywhere close to this happening though, too many people are expecting it, Jesus said these things would happen when NO ONE expects, like a thief in the night, so more than likely if LOTS of people are screaming 'the end is near'...its probably not even close, instead it will really happen when hardly anyone is talking about it, when the 'times' do not look like 'end times'.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:59 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I imagine when this antichrist DOES come, if we are still around, there will probably be numerous threads debating whether this person is the AC or not, some will recognize it, some will say they are crazy, he could not be the AC for such and such reason.

I dont think we are anywhere close to this happening though, too many people are expecting it, Jesus said these things would happen when NO ONE expects, like a thief in the night, so more than likely if LOTS of people are screaming 'the end is near'...its probably not even close, instead it will really happen when hardly anyone is talking about it, when the 'times' do not look like 'end times'.
Again, Jesus said that we would know the season of His return. Jesus will come as a thief in the night to those who are not watching.

Matthew 24
[38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
[39] And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[40] Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[41] Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. [These verses are speaking of the Rapture]
[42] Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
[43] But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
[44] Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You just need to look in the mirror, no waiting is necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity