Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 06:20 AM

180 posts, read 62,716 times

Advertisements

there were fourteen generations from 'Abraham' to David, and there fourteen generations until the people were taken to Babylon and there were fourteen generations from then to the birth of the Messiah.
your ancestors Terah the father of Abraham and Nahor lived on the other side of the Euphrate river. and i took Abraham and led him through the land of Canaan. i gave him Isaac and to Isaac i gave Jacob and Esau. i gave Esau the hill country of Edom as his possession but Jacob and his children went down to Egypt. you lived in the desert a long time then i brought you to the land of Canaan.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:22 AM

when his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, she was found to be pregnant by the power of the holy spirit. an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, Joseph descendant of king David, do not be afraid to take Mary to be your wife for it is by the holy spirit that she has conceived. she will have a son and you will name him Jesus, because she will save his people from their sins. all this happened to make what the lord had said through the prophet come true, a virgin will become pregnant and have a son and he will be called 'god with us' Jesus was born in the town of Bethlehem in Judea, during the time when Herod was king. behold wise men from the East came to 'Jerusalem' asking, where is the baby who was born to be the king of the Jews. for we saw his star 'when it rose' and have come to worship him.
now the israelites stopped worshiping the lord and worshipped the idols of baal. they forgot any of the things the lord has done for Israel. the lord was so angry that he let other nation raid Israel. the lord had warned Israel he would do this and now the israelites were miserable.
king Cushan Rishathaim ruled Israel for eight years.
king Eglon of moab ruled Israel for eighteen years.
Jabin's army had 900 iron chariots and for 20 years, he made life miserable for the Israelites.
then once again, the Israelites desobeyed the lord, so 'he let' the nation of Midian control Israel for seven years. the lord sent a prophet with this message, you were slaves in Egypt but i set you free and led you into this land. iam your god and i told you not to worship Amorite gods even though you are living in the land of the Amorites but you refused to listen.
why have all these awful things happened if the lord is with us? we have heard how the lord performed miracles and rescued our ancestors from Egypt. but these things happened long ago. now, the lord has abandoned us.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:48 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrudy View Post
when his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, she was found to be pregnant by the power of the holy spirit. an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, Joseph descendant of king David, do not be afraid to take Mary to be your wife for it is by the holy spirit that she has conceived. she will have a son and you will name him Jesus, because she will save his people from their sins. all this happened to make what the lord had said through the prophet come true, a virgin will become pregnant and have a son and he will be called 'god with us' Jesus was born in the town of Bethlehem in Judea, during the time when Herod was king. behold wise men from the East came to 'Jerusalem' asking, where is the baby who was born to be the king of the Jews. for we saw his star 'when it rose' and have come to worship him.
now the israelites stopped worshiping the lord and worshipped the idols of baal. they forgot any of the things the lord has done for Israel. the lord was so angry that he let other nation raid Israel. the lord had warned Israel he would do this and now the israelites were miserable.
king Cushan Rishathaim ruled Israel for eight years.
king Eglon of moab ruled Israel for eighteen years.
Jabin's army had 900 iron chariots and for 20 years, he made life miserable for the Israelites.
then once again, the Israelites desobeyed the lord, so 'he let' the nation of Midian control Israel for seven years. the lord sent a prophet with this message, you were slaves in Egypt but i set you free and led you into this land. iam your god and i told you not to worship Amorite gods even though you are living in the land of the Amorites but you refused to listen.
why have all these awful things happened if the lord is with us? we have heard how the lord performed miracles and rescued our ancestors from Egypt. but these things happened long ago. now, the lord has abandoned us.
God NEVER abandoned His people the Jews. NEVER.

Punish? yes. Judge? Yes. Refine unto His purposes? Always.

Proof positive is the modern STATE OF ISRAEL.

Abraham had two sons. One son was of the flesh - Ishmael. One son was of divine promise - Isaac.

The son of the flesh WILL NOT inherit the blessings of the son of the promise. (Galatians 5:30)
Those who claim Ishmael to be their literal or spiritual ancestor testify against themselves, proving themselves to be liars thieves and murderers.

God Himself will stand against those who try to seize the blessing He intends for His people Israel.

I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." - Genesis 12:3

May God bless the State of Israel and hold them in the palm of His mighty hand.

God bless the Jewish people everywhere, for in them and because of them we all gain much.

May those who speak ill of Jews and wish evil upon Israel dine on ashes for dinner.

You will learn the hard way that God has NEVER abandoned the Jews.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 01-25-2019 at 07:07 AM..

Old 01-25-2019, 08:59 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
He hasn't abandoned ME! I don't know anyone else He has abandoned either...tho, they
may think He has...
a common belief.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:01 AM

1,259 posts, read 564,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
God NEVER abandoned His people the Jews. NEVER.

Punish? yes. Judge? Yes. Refine unto His purposes? Always.

Proof positive is the modern STATE OF ISRAEL.

Abraham had two sons. One son was of the flesh - Ishmael. One son was of divine promise - Isaac.

The son of the flesh WILL NOT inherit the blessings of the son of the promise. (Galatians 5:30)
Those who claim Ishmael to be their literal or spiritual ancestor testify against themselves, proving themselves to be liars thieves and murderers.

God Himself will stand against those who try to seize the blessing He intends for His people Israel.

I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." - Genesis 12:3

May God bless the State of Israel and hold them in the palm of His mighty hand.

God bless the Jewish people everywhere, for in them and because of them we all gain much.

May those who speak ill of Jews and wish evil upon Israel dine on ashes for dinner.

You will learn the hard way that God has NEVER abandoned the Jews.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Israel is Christ Jesus and all those members of His Body.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:08 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post

Israel is the name given to Jacob. "The tribes of Jacob" will be restored (Isaiah 49:6) with respect to "those of Israel I have kept". They will provide a "light" to the "Gentiles", but the nations/Gentiles will be ruled by the "Word of God" via a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15). "Judah" and "Jerusalem" have already been restored as of the Israeli war of 1967 (Joel 3:1). Now all you have to wait for is the valley of YHWH's judgment/Har-Magedon (Joel 3:12) & (Revelation 16:13-16) & (Zechariah 14), whereas the nations will be gathered against "Jerusalem", and ultimately crushed (Daniel 2:44-45) & (Daniel 2:35). As for the "tabernacle" of the Spirit of God, that is with regards to the saints, not the sinners.

Isaiah 49:6 [SIZE=2]6[/SIZE]he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."

Old 01-29-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
He hasn't abandoned ME! I don't know anyone else He has abandoned either...tho, they
may think He has...
a common belief.
when the israelites cried for help, the lord felt sorry and sent someone to save them.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
since that time, the Jebusites and the Benjaminites have lived in Jerusalem. those nations were in the land to test the Israelites to see if they would obey the commands? the lord has given to their ancestors by Moses.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:13 AM

Herod called a meeting of the priests and teachers of the law and asked, where was the Christ to be born. they answered, the prophet wrote about in the scriptures, in the town of Bethlehem.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:20 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrudy View Post
when the israelites cried for help, the lord felt sorry and sent someone to save them.
And I find since Pentecost the 'Israel of God' is Now 'spiritual Israel' meaning the earth-wide Christian congregation.
Jerusalem 'above' is now mother as per Galatians 4:26.
Now, No longer a Jew by fleshly or national descent according to Romans 2:28-29.

'Spiritual Israel' (Christian congregation) cries for help, and God does feel sorry and sent us Jesus to save/deliver/rescue.
First, a ' spiritual rescue ' through endurance as per Matthew 24:13.
Second, the 'spiritual work ' of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 must be completed on a international grand scale.
Never before in history has that global proclaiming about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 been so extensive.
Even modern technology has made possible rapid Bible translation so that now people even in remote areas of Earth can have access to Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.
Once this work is completed to God's appointed purpose, then God will send Jesus as 'Commander in Chief' (Hail! to the Chief) of angelic armies.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked as per Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16.
Then, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity