Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Jesus has appeared to me but he did not appear to me about the Mormon thing. He talked to my heart and showed me in the scripture where it talks about Mormonism being false. Many things happen of the devil. Why God allows them I don't know. Supposedly Mary appeared to the children of Fatima and preached about adoring Mary and 15 promises of the rosary that TOTALLY CONDTRADICTS the bible. Us Christians know that was a vision of Satan. Maybe God allows these things to test us. Are we going to believe Jesus and his word or not! Faith in the word of God...in JESUS Christ is the ONLY way to heaven.
`

Corking....It would serve you well to lay off those magic mushrooms...

Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Corking,
May I suggest to go to Witnessing to Mormons How to Witness to Mormons the Truth in Love
It is called speak the truth in love to Mormons. You can also purchase the book called that. I find that this is a better approach when used when we have the chance for witness. What seems so clear to the Christian doesn't carry over to those in the LDS. Confrontation doesn't usually produce what we ultimately want....belief in Christ, Christ of the Bible.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:51 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
Quote:
I could have gone out evangelizing today but chose to stay at this computer telling people the TRUTH!
The people of your neighborhood thank you.

May the seed of love grow from within and blossom

Old 04-29-2008, 01:27 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,943 times
Quote:
If only they will understand that the reason Jesus put this in the bible is because he already knew that Mormonism was going to exist and deceive millions. Did you know Mormons believe if someone gets saved Jesus goes into hell and pulls out ALL their relatives back to Adam and Eve. The devil is deceiving so many with this cult.
hey, at least she's coming up with new material. i certainly got a kick out of this one. did you know that mormons believe that if you polish your car with ear wax, it'll levitate?

no, seree-usly. i learn't it in sund-i skewl!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:29 AM

for the record, on a more serious note, corking, if you would like to be taken seriously, you should at least check your sources. if you tell me i'm going to hell because i believe that Jesus personally pulled all of my relatives (back to adam and eve no less) out of the pit when i was baptised, then i'm going to smile, shake your hand, and say:

"well, good thing we don't believe that! suppose that makes me heaven-bound, huh?"

aaron out.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,500,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
hey, at least she's coming up with new material. i certainly got a kick out of this one. did you know that mormons believe that if you polish your car with ear wax, it'll levitate?

no, seree-usly. i learn't it in sund-i skewl!
Yeah, I was wondering where she came up with that one, myself.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:12 AM

12 posts, read 36,983 times
You are the kind of person that give Christians a bad name...so full of hate and telling people that if they dont believe in YOUR beliefs they are going to Hell..You are teaching the EXACT opposite of what Jesus says in th bible....I think you might need to get some help.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:30 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What seems so clear to the Christian doesn't carry over to those in the LDS.
Vice Versa

Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,361 times
to someone like me who isn't very religious ,i find that the 'morman bashing' threads generally end up making the mormans look good.those who seek to 'save' the mormans often dont even have enough grasp of what mormans actually believe to know what they are trying to save them from.many 'christians' have a very narrow definition of who qualifies as a 'real' christian.catholics and mormans consider themselves to already be 'christians'.i and about 85% of america consider ourselves to be at least nominally 'christian' but it seems the authors of most of the 'bashing'threads feel that only about 5-10% of the 85% are smart enough to get it 'right enough' to avoid damnation.i dont see any mormans on here starting 'baptist bashing'threads every week....perhaps they are secure enough in their beliefs that they feel no need to belittle others beliefs to further theirs.im not morman....never been in one of their churches...but thier calm,rational defense of thier beliefs in various threads have given me a generally more positive opinion of them and thier religious beliefs while my opinion of the 'bashers' has gone in the opposite direction.my basic point is that some of you out to 'save mankind and the mormans too' really need to take a look at your strategy and tactics,however wellmeaning,if you want to be taken seriously and attract rather than repel people from considering your point of view

Old 04-30-2008, 10:53 PM

by their fruits, ye shall... what was it, eat fruit salad?

ok, seriously. no one is perfect, and on some level i can respect corking (and others') attempts to save everyone out there. but i seriously think that there are other, more efficient, more respectful, and more Christlike ways to do it. i think for one, live what you preach. as another poster shared, people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care, and it is very hard to let people feel how much you care on the faceless, anonymous internet. but it is even harder when you belittle their faith, tell them that they are ignorant and hellbound, and generally stomp their beliefs and ideas into the dirt with iron heel your crusade.

that is one of the reasons why i think a moderate, friendly tone, and an open mind, even toward those that you really think are out there, is not only better for humanity and a healthy society, but also for religious coexistance and understanding.

aaron out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity