Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do Christians believe the "mark of the beast" will be?
A literal mark of "666" in forehead or hand 10 10.99%
An RFID or micro-chip in forehead or hand 35 38.46%
A form of credit/ID card (to hold in the hand) 1 1.10%
Other option other than ones listed 45 49.45%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:11 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,629,753 times

Advertisements

This subject may have been covered before, but I couldn't find a thread relating to it except one debating something really bizarre that took scripture completely out of context.

So my question is.....what do you think it will be? The Bible says it will either be on the hand or forehead. Do you think it will literally be the numbers "666"? Some say a barcode or invisible tattoo that has to be scanned. I have my own thoughts, but I wanted to hear what others think.

Before anyone says anything.....no, I'm not going to be here anyway. But, there will be plenty left behind after the rapture that will know what has happened even though they didn't believe before. If they accept Christ after the rapture, maybe someone's idea as to what to look out for might be helpful. After all, the Bible teaches that many will be deceived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 05:27 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,065,930 times
Imo, I think there is a good chance that it will be a RFID chip. Probably placed between the thumb and forefinger.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:21 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,359,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
This subject may have been covered before, but I couldn't find a thread relating to it except one debating something really bizarre that took scripture completely out of context.

So my question is.....what do you think it will be? The Bible says it will either be on the hand or forehead. Do you think it will literally be the numbers "666"? Some say a barcode or invisible tattoo that has to be scanned. I have my own thoughts, but I wanted to hear what others think.

Before anyone says anything.....no, I'm not going to be here anyway. But, there will be plenty left behind after the rapture that will know what has happened even though they didn't believe before. If they accept Christ after the rapture, maybe someone's idea as to what to look out for might be helpful. After all, the Bible teaches that many will be deceived.
I think the beast is religion which would give us several marks. A cross, a crescent moon, The web of Wyrd, Cross of Question, The Omamori, The Celtic knot, The Ankh, The Reverse Cross, The Jesus Fish, the pentagram, hexagram (Star of David), the Monad, and many more.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 PM

553 posts, read 568,948 times
*sigh*

Old 05-15-2008, 08:34 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,406,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

Hey I won't be here either, I believe in the rapture. But yes I believe it will literally be the numbers 666 and probably like you said some kind of barcode that has to be scanned.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I think the beast is religion which would give us several marks. A cross, a crescent moon, The web of Wyrd, Cross of Question, The Omamori, The Celtic knot, The Ankh, The Reverse Cross, The Jesus Fish, the pentagram, hexagram (Star of David), the Monad, and many more.
Was this supposed to be funny? I asked a serious question of Christians. The beast is the AntiChrist, which is probably alive and making great plans for his "mark". I am really appalled at what you said.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:08 PM

756 posts, read 2,575,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Imo, I think there is a good chance that it will be a RFID chip. Probably placed between the thumb and forefinger.
I agree.....

medicine would love to be able access each persons complete medical history all at once by scanning the flesh....

We already scan armbands, medications, orders......

Old 05-15-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
That's what I thought too----but I had a discussion with someone and we came to the conclusion that it would be too easy to remove. I'm thinking it might be leaning more towards the head....people might be willing to lose a hand but can't hardly cut off their own heads. It will be so permanent that it would be impossible to remove without dying. An implant into the frontal lobe would still be considered the forehead.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,518,896 times
Isnt it supposed to be one being with a mark, not everyone with one?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Isnt it supposed to be one being with a mark, not everyone with one?
Oh no. Everyone will have to receive the mark of the beast after the rapture in order to buy or sell....which means if you don't take it, you die. But so what? Being a martyr for Christ = eternal life in heaven with Him. I truly believe those that convert during the tribulation and sacrifice their lives for Christ will have great rewards in heaven. My head would be the first one on the chopping block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity