Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 06:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,429,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It all depends on his religious convictions and whether or not, they are a frame of reference to his understanding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That can be and often is a significant source of bias, Jer! Also, as a Psychiatrist, he would be a medical doctor and it would matter greatly what his psychological training was in. For example, many are trained from psychoanalysis (Freud, Adler, Jung, etc.) which has largely been discredited by the empiricists.
Unfortunately, there are many "emotionally" disturbed and troubled people on both sides of this ritual of exorcism, which has ended in deadly consequences due to religious ignorance, including the killing of an eight-year old boy (2003) who was merely autistic. And others with various disabilities, rather than actually being possessed by a demon, that doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 11:33 AM

950 posts, read 696,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I think monastic is a Catholic?
Correct. And Universalist as well.

Old 10-17-2021, 11:36 AM

63,993 posts, read 40,277,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Correct. And Universalist as well.
Always nice to see an enlightened Catholic!

Old 10-17-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Always nice to see an enlightened Catholic!
I agree with most of your posts, Mystic (if not all). We are on the same side. Also noticeable is that the Universalist-thread is enjoying a vigorous participation, so progress is being made.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,188,045 times
The biggest lie Satan perpetrates is that he doesn't exist.

OK here's a true story - from my own first hand experience:

I was a realtor and I listed a house that a very disturbed teenager lived in. Due to his rages, the house needed a lot of work done on it - for instance, he had smashed many holes in various walls, broken all the doors, and had broken all the light fixtures in the house. However, the worst damage was in his own room. He had covered the walls with lyrics from Marilyn Manson songs written in a black pen. On his ceiling, emanating from the light, was a pentagram. I told his mother that she needed to patch all the walls, replace all the doors, and all the light fixtures, and prime and paint the entire house. She moved out and was doing this.

I arranged for a paint crew to come in and they were trying to prime his room. (For the record, the pentagram was done in what seemed to be the same ink the lyrics all over the walls were done in.) They managed to cover all the walls, but the pentagram kept bleeding through the ceiling primer. The paint crew got spooked and the contractor called me and said "They won't go back in that room and the pentagram keeps bleeding through the primer." I said, "How many coats of primer did they put on the ceiling?" The contractor said "SIX!" I got so mad. I said, "Hold on, I'll be there in a minute."

When I got there, the crew was standing around in the yard, afraid to go into the house. I had called a priest as I was driving over there, and when I got out of the car, I said "Father Kelly is on his way, but I'm going in meanwhile." I marched into the room, and sure enough, the walls were painted over nicely with the primer but on the ceiling, the pentagram was still clearly visible through the six coats of primer. I sighed and went over to the window and hung a crucifix in that window and then turned around and said firmly "I need to sell this house. In the name of Jesus, I command you to leave." Then Father Kelly showed up and I went outside to stand with the crew while Father Kelly did whatever it was that he went there to do. Then he came outside and said "Put one more coat of primer on that ceiling. I'll wait here till you're done." The crew went back in and put the 7th coat of primer on the ceiling and the pentagram didn't bleed through.

Hey, that's all I know. The rest of the renovations went smoothly, I listed the house, and it sold quickly. Everybody wins!

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 10-21-2021 at 06:43 AM..

Old 10-21-2021, 08:12 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,074,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Just ran across this strange current event of an Exorcist, Stephen Rosetti: Stephen Rosetti of Washington,D.C., is an exorcist, licensed psychologist and counselor who is warning Catholics that demons have figured out how to send threatening text-messages to their targets. The Daily Star reported that Rosetti claims to have "three cases in which demons have texted the team and/or the family of the possessed person. All were high-value targets with high-ranking, powerful demons involved." For example, one text read, "Her torments start now, priest...all night. We will make her bleed." Rosetti points to a long history of demons influencing technology, such as flickering lights and TVs.
So is this the work-from-home during the pandemic version of religious shyster?

Old 10-21-2021, 12:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,429,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
A shyster? Or, someone who has placed his beliefs, first and foremost over that of reality?

Old 10-24-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Usually an exorcist won't even show up someplace unless the person in question (the possessed) has taken all manner of exhaustive psychological tests. A real exorcist from the Vatican, that is.
Yes, agreed. In cases of Insanity--Not all but just some are found to be genuine demonism.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:00 PM

13,737 posts, read 8,039,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. Fr Rosetti is credible.

Old 10-31-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Fr Rosetti is credible.
Yes, Agreed. He trained in Rome and in the US under a senior exorcist, and was appointed a diocesan exorcist by his Bishop in Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity