Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 07:33 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
There are 11 commandments.
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." John 13:34
The 11th commandment was part of the 613 Mosaic Law commandments.
Jesus enlarged on the Golden Rule found at Leviticus 19:18 at John 13:34-35.
In other words, we are Now to love neighbor MORE than self, more than the Mosaic Law.
Love others as Jesus loves us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” Matthew 22:37–40 (KJV 1900)
Yes, while Jesus was under the Constitution of the Mosaic Law the two commandments ' hung on the law '- James 2:8
Since Pentecost we are under the 'Law of Christ ' - see Galatians 6:2
The Law of Christ is his New Commandment to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has - John 13:34-35
In other words, we are now to love neighbor MORE than self, more than the OT Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18

Old 07-11-2022, 10:16 PM

3,220 posts, read 924,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The 11th commandment was part of the 613 Mosaic Law commandments.
Jesus enlarged on the Golden Rule found at Leviticus 19:18 at John 13:34-35.
In other words, we are Now to love neighbor MORE than self, more than the Mosaic Law.
Love others as Jesus loves us.
You have no idea!

Why because you reject the One God sent!

You do not keep the commandments so you are not in the light of understanding!

“The man who keeps the COMMANDMENTS he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him.”

Walk in the light or darkness will remain over you.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:36 AM

248 posts, read 81,508 times
As you see 10 comandments not only existed but 613 other commandments existed. The Noahide laws are some lsser ? Or some greater ? See that not only as law God said but also what God predicts is also A commandment in the bible and that is what shall we understand and scrutiny in the bible. Finding verses because like jesus said that was said in Psalm, the alw and what the prophets said must come true for his prophecy his return. Do we obey only the law but also we must listen to psalms ?

Old 07-12-2022, 08:45 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,137 times
New King James Version
But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.”

Rom 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

People who think they can keep the law and be saved are just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic........the law ONLY condems.......

Old 07-12-2022, 10:24 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Once you're stuck in the laws / legalism, there you remained trapped. Good luck prying yourself from the adult-sized sticky mat / bed you've made for yourself.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
You have no idea! Why because you reject the One God sent!
You do not keep the commandments so you are not in the light of understanding!
“The man who keeps the COMMANDMENTS he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him.”
Walk in the light or darkness will remain over you.
Tell us how many of the Mosaic Law commandments do you keep. How many animal sacrifices, etc.
Jesus fulfilled the temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law for ancient Israel according to Romans 10:4.
I find Jesus gave a 'NEW commandment' to follow as found at John 13:34-35.
Since Pentecost we are Now to love neighbor MORE than self, MORE than the Mosaic Law of Leviticus 19:18.
In other words, we are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has - John 15:12-13; John 10:11
Love God then neighbor MORE than self.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:17 AM

As we see the heart is where God put his law, his commandments. What are his commandments just what he wrote with his fingers ? HE's hands he used ? Nope, bible says his voice is where his commandmnets are .

Where in the bible says how to define his commandments ?

Genesis 22:18 “In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

Deuteronomy 30:10-14 “if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this Book of the Law, and if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. {11} “For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off.

Here is the base how to seperate what are his commandments. We see " if you obey his voice " is where his commandments mean that his comamndments are not A letter, are not message painted, but are his voice what are his commandments then all his words and everything he says are law ? Are commandments ?

Jesus says “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” Recognizing God’s voice and obeying Him is critical for a good relationship with God. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. John 10:27
Isaiah 34:16 16 Look in the scroll of the LORD and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is his mouth that has given the order, and his Spirit will gather them together.

Isaiah 55:11 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Job 23:12 12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Know this his word is life for us.
John 6:63 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

Colossians 3:16 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

The message of God is his word and we sing to accomplish it.
1 Thessalonians 2:13

(Exodus 19:4-6) ‘You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself. {5} ‘Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. {6} ‘And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”

(Genesis 22:18) “In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

(Psalms 73:24-26) You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. {25} Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. {26} My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

(Psalms 81:11-13) “But My people would not heed My voice, And Israel would have none of Me. {12} So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, To walk in their own counsels. {13} “Oh, that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways!

(Proverbs 4:20-23) My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. {21} Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; {22} For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh. {23} Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.

(Isaiah 55:8-12) “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. {9} “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. {10} “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, {11} So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. {12} “For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Yes but the debate what he told the prophets ? What he told the kings ? Reveals he used other words and laws and rules to do his will ? See what he's will has to play in this ?

Old 07-13-2022, 09:22 AM

Yes it play this way, why people are confused of what he's will, he's commandments, he's plan of God ? Remember like hebrew people say Jewish people say better yet said. The law of the 10 commandments were adressed at the 12 tribes of Judea and like if you see in the small print he was only talking to his people. He is not talking to Egypt neither babylionians.

Remember if see Daniel see that some parts of the book of daniel was written in hebrew and some part in the end were writting in babylionian. God's message was written hebrew so hebrew would know of god's destruction over babylon so they will understand and Babylonian aswell so they knews impending punsihemnt was coming.

When God made the 10 commandments he was only addressing to jews (judean), dannanites, benjananites, and the other tribes you see that no egyptians, or babylionians are in the text only the people of God. See that is the point God commands are adressed to only Jews and tribes of Israel and sometimes to gentiles ( babylonians, egyptians, and you ).
Not everything is giving to you in silver platter but people have promblem that they assume the bible is first person talking to them when God was only talking to hebrews, then babylionias, egypitans and later romans. No people france is not in the bible niether the russians they are all romans, babylionans, and we are gentiles the laws were giving to God's people first the jews. But how did the things of preaching the word to gentiles evolved ? Remember the judeans formt eh tribe of Judea were tasked of giving the word of God to gentiles or gomoyels but in the path they wanted A king like gentiles do, wanted kingdoms like gentiles here we see tribe of judah and kingdom of Israel formed. Which later were destroyed and this thier apth went wrong Know God didn't want to give them kings or kingdoms they never needed but error happen and just like adam fell.

But God let gentiles participate later when Isaiah 56:1-6 says that eunuchs can keep the sabbath and see gentiles can do what Jews do very important because not all of the bible was meant for gentiles. Back in Genesis 49:1, 8-10

God chose the tribe of Judah to take the lead in conquering the nations who were living in the land promised to the 12 tribes (Judges 1:2). The first chapter of Judges shows that the tribe of Judah was aggressive and strong in driving out the Canaanites in the southern half of the land of Canaan.

As you see the coomandments of God are his voice he gave it and blessings to his poeple but are they only the 10 commandments, nope whenever he said things to the prophets and what it is written psalms are his commandments. I will post all prophets and what God told them and if it is directed to us or gentiles. And what the psalms which is tricky becuase it's A song and could mean many things nad directed not only at us but the future for it is prophecy being made. As such we must continue and put all verses to show the path.

Old 07-13-2022, 07:43 PM

The temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law was only for one nation, the nation of ancient Israel totaling 613 commands besides just the first ten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity