Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 11:50 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Then that begs this question. Why did you say in your opening post that the article "confirm that the Word of God is truth."
Mensa: for me, and I can only speak from my own experience, the Word of the Lord is trusted. The witness of the scientific community is yea or nay, but the Author of us all is the underpinnings of my ancient life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 07:20 AM

676 posts, read 203,656 times
Good article. Pretty sure the event happened just like it says. My only legitimate question is....is it even possible for a human to turn to stone? Maybe she just dropped dead from a heart attack or something from seeing the carnage? If she did turn to stone, which I guess happened, who looked back to see it? (unless there were some running behind her at the time)

Old 09-12-2022, 09:54 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,142,399 times
That this would have been incredibly long ago - even from Jesus' arrival - and of colorful description typical of the OT, it's probably not something we should put much time and thinking on.

If we're not careful, we could consume all of our time theorizing and daydreaming on sorts of matters that have no tangible relevance in our daily living. And that applies to most of the bible; outside of the Gospels.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:59 AM

676 posts, read 203,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
That this would have been incredibly long ago - even from Jesus' arrival - and of colorful description typical of the OT, it's probably not something we should put much time and thinking on.

If we're not careful, we could consume all of our time theorizing and daydreaming on sorts of matters that have no tangible relevance in our daily living. And that applies to most of the bible; outside of the Gospels.
I guess whether she was stoned or not does not matter. Maybe the writers were stoned?

Old 09-13-2022, 09:00 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I guess whether she was stoned or not does not matter. Maybe the writers were stoned?
Medusa was the one that turned people into stone. Lot's wife was turned into salt. I wondered so I ran a Google and sure enough:. https://youtu.be/-6pc_nC0HsU

Old 09-13-2022, 11:29 PM

10,438 posts, read 6,969,439 times
Sodom and Gomorrah exists today and you can visit it. Its covered in sulfur balls, you can literally pick through pottery and dig up the bones covered in the desert.

https://youtu.be/jQl4KaRtef8

Old 09-14-2022, 06:48 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I like it, lets all get stoned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity