Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 06:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
There is plenty of scripture that shows that Jesus is not the Father. John 1:1, John chapter 17 in which Jesus prays to the Father and so is therefore himself not the Father, being two such scriptures.
Jesus is God come as a human.

God did not pretend to be a human, He really came as a human.

Notice you didn't reply to what I said and acknowledge the scriptures I gave.

You merely post the same scriptures you don't understand, like you did before.

Quote:

Now to the insults. Has the inability to think, to reason, to comprehend even simple concepts become a prerequisite for being a Christian?
All you seem to be able to do is repeat what some man in a false denomination taught you.

Quote:

You cannot be the person that you are with. Period. Jesus is God but he is not the Father! Period, over and out!
You think you proved that with your insults and ignoring the scriptures I gave and the things I said?

No way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 10:43 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
That's right, damnable doctrines and heresy in the church, right now. Does your church have them, or is everyone saved? According to Peter, it is real.

2Pe 2:1* But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.*

Swift destruction = Surprise HELL package.
Well, probably not really Peter, since 2 Peter is almost certainly pseudepigraphal, probably written around 80 years after St. Peter's death.

So, it makes one wonder what was going on when that was written and if it was pointedly directed at one or more persons in a particularly church community at the time.

As always, though, I find the thinly-veiled delight of a Christian at the thought of someone else going to hell disturbing.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:47 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,029,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, probably not really Peter, since 2 Peter is almost certainly pseudepigraphal, probably written around 80 years after St. Peter's death.

So, it makes one wonder what was going on when that was written and if it was pointedly directed at one or more persons in a particularly church community at the time.

As always, though, I find the thinly-veiled delight of a Christian at the thought of someone else going to hell disturbing.

Yep. It's like they've never read Paul's letter to the Romans warning about such things.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Thank you! I did it and hope you enjoy it.
Ha, you've certainly proven the old adage that "the devil can quote scripture for his purpose". Well done.

Even if you're not "the devil", which I don't think you are , it does demonstrate how easily the Bible can be misused and manipulated to cast aspersion on other people and try to make them look "wrong" or bad. It's a dangerous practice in the wrong hands.

Old 09-22-2022, 02:08 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Ha, you've certainly proven the old adage that "the devil can quote scripture for his purpose". Well done.

Even if you're not "the devil", which I don't think you are , it does demonstrate how easily the Bible can be misused and manipulated to cast aspersion on other people and try to make them look "wrong" or bad. It's a dangerous practice in the wrong hands.
Too soon … but yep

Old 09-22-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:

I am so excited.

Matthew 10:25 It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!

Acts 5:41 The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.

Old 09-22-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I am so excited.

Matthew 10:25 It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!

Acts 5:41 The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.
The first one made me laugh.

Don't count so fast on getting those points. You are not suffering here. You are the one on the offensive when you make a post with the specific purpose of disparaging other people. Not quite sure how you feel that fits in with the love-your-neighbor commandment.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
The first one made me laugh.

Don't count so fast on getting those points. You are not suffering here. You are the one on the offensive when you make a post with the specific purpose of disparaging other people. Not quite sure how you feel that fits in with the love-your-neighbor commandment.
It is love to teach the truth, but of course many reject it.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
It is love to teach the truth, but of course many reject it.
Of course many do.

But it's not love, or teaching for that matter, to set yourself up high and put forth what you believe to be the truth of Christianity by looking down from your high place at people who believe otherwise telling them that they are wrong.

God didn't put you up there. You've elevated yourself to that position. Step down.

Remember, the only way that human beings can be like Jesus is to humble themselves.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Of course many do.

But it's not love, or teaching for that matter, to set yourself up high and put forth what you believe to be the truth of Christianity by looking down from your high place at people who believe otherwise telling them that they are wrong.

God didn't put you up there. You've elevated yourself to that position. Step down.

Remember, the only way that human beings can be like Jesus is to humble themselves.
I have to preach the truth. It is being a servant. It is a loving thing to do. I left more than one false denomination in search for the truth, so I am not telling anyone to do something that I haven't done.

You worry so much about Catholics and other denominations being offended? The Catholic religion says if I don't return to her before I die that I will go to hell for eternity. Every denomination believes they have the truth and others don't, so they shouldn't act indignant when someone shows them the truth from the Bible. I love showing people the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity