Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2024, 12:15 AM

18 posts, read 3,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
We know when a ministry is false like universalism, when it teaches contrary to the plain teaching of scripture. Scripture says that the wicked shall be destroyed in opposite to the righteous, but universalism lies and say the wicked will not be destroyed,

Ps 37:37-39

37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

This is everlasting destruction which universalism denies 2 Thess 1:9

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
SO What !!!!!!!!????????
As you say , God will Save who He has already "elected" to save !!!
No more & No LESS !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 05:43 AM

4,673 posts, read 1,224,691 times
We know the universalist is a liar since they teach salvation for them that will go into perdition, the day of Salvation is over, all Gods elect are saved, this is pictured with the ten virgins. Matt25:1-13

Quote:
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
The word shut in Vs 10 is the greek word κλείω:

metaph.

to cause the heavens to withhold rain

to shut up compassion so that it is like a thing inaccessible to one, to be devoid of pity towards one

to obstruct the entrance into the kingdom of heaven

God will sow no mercy, no pity they will not have entrance into the eternal kingdom of the saved,

But now the universalist lies and tells us these will find mercy with God and He will change His Mind and save them into His Eternal Kingdom,but thats nothing but lies.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:43 AM

14,918 posts, read 17,235,494 times
Good morning from a beautiful sunny day in the Triad.

Our God is good and our God knows what He is doing. He loves all and He has a glorious plan for all.

I have been heartbroken over losing my faithful, furry companion of 17 years. He was sweet, adorable, strong willed, independent, comical, and affectionate. I tried to let him know how much I loved him by spoiling him in his elderly years. My heart is broken and I miss him so much but I know that God loves him even more than I do. He is safe and free from pain in the arms of his Creator. God, who is love, loves all of His creatures who were designed by His hands. I believe that God has a glorious plan for all of His creatures and one day God will deliver all and make all things whole. I have peace in this glorious promise.

God has a plan to restore all people to Himself. He has a plan to deliver all of creation.

He is working out this process through the ages or eons, those vast periods of time that were created in Jesus Christ.

All people do not come to Him in this age/eon. Many remain under the domain of darkness, deceived by satan, walking in the course of this world.

Many will be excluded from the promises of God in this age and in the age to come.

Many will perish, be lost, experience the severe judgments of God.

God, who has all things under control, sent Jesus to die for all people and Jesus has been made heir of all people.

In the end at the end of the ages, Christ will reign triumphant in every heart as He has been made heir of all. Hebrews 1.

The Ages, Aions, Eons

Hebrews 1
1 In many parts, and many ways, God of old having spoken to the fathers in the prophets,
2 in these last days did speak to us in a Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He did make the ages; Young's Literal

Ephesians 1
8 to me -- the less than the least of all the saints -- was given this grace, among the nations to proclaim good news -- the untraceable riches of the Christ,
9 and to cause all to see what [is] the fellowship of the secret that hath been hid from the ages in God, who the all things did create by Jesus Christ,
10 that there might be made known now to the principalities and the authorities in the heavenly [places], through the assembly, the manifold wisdom of God,
11 according to a purpose of the ages, which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord, Young's Literal

2 Corinthians 2:7
7 but we speak the hidden wisdom of God in a secret, that God foreordained before the ages to our glory, Young's Literal

Ephesians 2:7
7 that He might show, in the ages that are coming, the exceeding riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Young's Literal

The scriptures speak of the ages, the purpose the ages. Ages or eons are indefinite periods of time having a beginning and an end. I believe that God is working out His purpose for salvation in the ages that were created in Jesus Christ. Some believers believe that there at least seven ages, with at least two more ages coming after the present one that we live in. We are talking about the eventual restoration of all people at the end of the ages, after Jesus subjects all to Himself and delivers up the kingdom to the Father.

1 Corinthians 15

22 for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,
23 and each in his proper order, a first-fruit Christ, afterwards those who are the Christ's, in his presence,
24 then -- the end, when he may deliver up the reign to God, even the Father, when he may have made useless all rule, and all authority and power --
25 for it behoveth him to reign till he may have put all the enemies under his feet --
26 the last enemy is done away -- death;
27 for all things He did put under his feet, and, when one may say that all things have been subjected, [it is] evident that He is excepted who did subject the all things to him,
28 and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all. Young's Literal

During the ages there is aionios life and aionios destruction.

Aionios life is the life of God, spiritual life, that God gives to believers in this age and in the age to come. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Believers have been given faith and have this life as believers walk in fellowship with the Father and the Son.

Aionios is translated as "eternal" in most translations but this is a mistranslation. Aionios means pertaining to an age or ages. It is the same as the word, eonian. Eonian means of or pertaining to an eon or the eons. Ages/Eons have a beginning and an end. God who created the ages/eons through His Son, is the God of the Ages/Eons. He has a specific purpose for the ages/eons. Believers have aionios/eonian life, the life of knowing the Father and the Son. Believers are in fellowship with God and live by faith for Him. They experience the blessings associated with knowing God in this age/eon and in the ages/eons to come.

All are not saved during the ages/eons. Unbelievers are lost and out of fellowship with God. The judgments of God involve exclusion, separation, the second death, the destruction evil and sin, chastisement, change, with all leading to the eventual restoration of all people to God at the end of the ages/eons.

Romans 8
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, [n]in ** hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. NAS

**hope=elpis=confidence, expectation

Ephesians 1
7 In [g]Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He [h]lavished on [i]us. In all wisdom and insight 9 He [j]made known to us the mystery of His **will, according to His [k]kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration [l]suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the **summing up of all things in Christ, things [m]in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him 11 [n]also we [o]have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in [p]Christ would be to the praise of His glory

**Will-Thelema=resolve, the will of God which must be done, what one wishes or has determined what shall be done (Greek Hebrew Word Study Bible and Strongs)

**Summing up = anakephalaioomai-to gather together again in one, to reunite in or under one head

**Counsel- Boule-will, intention, decree, decision, plan

In Ephesians 1:10 God is said ἀνακεφαλαιώσασθαι τά πάντα ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ, to bring together again for himself (note the middle) all things and beings (hitherto disunited by sin) into one combined state of fellowship in Christ, the universal bond (cf. Meyer or Ellicott on Ephesians, the passage cited); (Protevangelium Jacobi 13εἰς ἐμέ ἀνεκεφαλαιώθη ἡ ἱστορία Ἀδάμ, where cf. Thilo).

God bless.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:47 AM

Pro

I heard a good lesson this week. The lesson was on keeping our eyes upward and not downward. God has great things planned for His creation and the future is waiting to unfold. God is now in the process of working what He has planned for His creation.

God is making all things new, starting with the first fruits. The first fruits indicate that there are more fruits to come, the rest of the harvest which includes the rest of mankind. The first fruits which include the elect of this age, does not mean that they are exclusively saved. The first fruits are blessed to be a blessing to the rest of the harvest.

Believers are not saved to twiddle our thumbs heaven and enjoy walking streets of gold. We are saved to help bring others into the kingdom. Eventually Jesus will draw or drag all to Himself and believers are a part of this process.

Ephesians 1
7 In [g]Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He [h]lavished on [i]us. In all wisdom and insight 9 He [j]made known to us the mystery of His **will, according to His [k]kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration [l]suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the **summing up of all things in Christ, things [m]in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him 11 [n]also we [o]have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in [p]Christ would be to the praise of His glory NASB

**Will-Thelema=resolve, the will of God which must be done, what one wishes or has determined what shall be done (Greek Hebrew Word Study Bible and Strongs)

**Summing up = anakephalaioomai-to gather together again in one, to reunite in or under one head

In Ephesians 1:10 God is said ἀνακεφαλαιώσασθαι τά πάντα ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ, to bring together again for himself (note the middle) all things and beings (hitherto disunited by sin) into one combined state of fellowship in Christ, the universal bond (cf. Meyer or Ellicott on Ephesians, the passage cited); (Protevangelium Jacobi 13εἰς ἐμέ ἀνεκεφαλαιώθη ἡ ἱστορία Ἀδάμ, where cf. Thilo).

God is doing a wonderful work in His select few which will in turn eventually impact all of creation.

Romans 8:18-24
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in **hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

** hope-elpis-expectation, confidence

"Here then is the key to one part of the apparent contradiction between “mercy upon all,” and yet “the election” of a “little flock;” between “all the kindreds of the earth blessed in Christ,” and yet a “strait and narrow way” and “few finding it.” Here is the answer to the question, “Wilt thou show wonders to the dead? Shall the dead arise and praise thee? Shall thy loving-kindness be declared in the grave, or thy faithfulness in destruction? Shall thy wonders be known in the dark, and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?” (Psalm 88:1-12). The first-born and first-fruits are the “few” and “little flock;” but these, though first delivered from the curse, have a relation to the whole creation, which shall be saved in the appointed times by the first-born seed, that is by Christ and His body, through those appointed baptisms, whether of fire or water, which are required to bring about “the restitution of all things.” St. Paul expressly declares this when he says, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ, … that in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are in the earth, even in Him.” (Eph. 1:3-10. The same doctrine is stated in almost the same words, Eph. 2:4-7.) The Church, like Christ its Head, is itself a great sacrament; “an outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace given unto men; ordained by God Himself, as a means whereby they may receive the same, and a pledge to assure them thereof;” and “the blessing” of the elect, “with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ,” is but the means and pledge, as the Apostle says, of wider blessing; the means by which “in the dispensation of the fulness of times” God designs to “gather together in one all things in Christ, whether they be things which are in heaven or which are in earth, even in Him;” Andrew Jukes

“Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.” (James 1:18)

“In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.” (Eph 1:11-12)

“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in **hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.” (Rom 8:18-21)

**hope=elpis=expectation, anticipation, confidence

All of creation is groaning and awaiting the time of the manifestation of the sons of God when all creation will be finally restored. Before the consummation of the ages, when God shall be all in all (1Cor 15:28; Rom 11:36), not only we who are the elect of this age, but all, will have been restored and made new:

“Then He who sat on the throne said, ‘Behold, I make all things new.’ And He said to me, ‘Write, for these words are true and faithful.’” (Rev 21:5)

Hallelujah

God bless.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:58 AM

Pro

Overcoming believers will be instrumental in bringing the rest of mankind, the rest of the harvest to God in the future. The sons of God will inherit the kingdom and reign with Jesus Christ.

Revelation 2:26-27
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I (Jesus) give power over the nations: And he shall rule (POIMANO) them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Poimano= means to rule...but as a shepherd rules over a flock, a shepherd who feeds the flock

You will not hear this taught in most churches today but it is revealed in God's scriptures.

1 Peter 4:13
Instead, be very glad--because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.

1 Corinthians 6:2-3
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Don't you realize that we will judge angels?

Romans 8:18-24

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in **hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

** hope=elpis=confidence, expectation,, anticipation

"Now, that is indeed a high calling. Inheriting the reign of God means to doing the work of God on the earth, not to sit back and twiddle our thumbs in Heaven where every carnal whim of man is satisfied, while billions of people are tortured mercilessly. We see here that the very purpose of the small kingdom chosen by God (the Sons of God) is expressly this: to be revealed to all creation and to judge it, so that it may be delivered into glorious freedom from corruption! The kingdom's objective is to do a work for the Lord, to receive creation into their glorious liberty from death and outer darkness.

(More info: 1 Thess 2:12, Titus 2:13, 2 Tim 2:20-21, Rom 5:2, Rom 8:17, Rom 11:30-31, 1 Cor 15:43, 1 John 5:2-5).

The apostle Peter to believers:

0 wherefore, the rather, brethren, be diligent to make stedfast your calling and choice, for these things doing, ye may never stumble,

11 for so, richly shall be superadded to you the entrance into the age-during reign of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Young's Literal Translation

God bless

Old 05-11-2024, 11:57 PM

18 posts, read 3,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
We know the universalist is a liar since they teach salvation for them that will go into perdition, the day of Salvation is over, all Gods elect are saved, this is pictured with the ten virgins. Matt25:1-13

The word shut in Vs 10 is the greek word κλείω:

metaph.

to cause the heavens to withhold rain

to shut up compassion so that it is like a thing inaccessible to one, to be devoid of pity towards one

to obstruct the entrance into the kingdom of heaven

God will sow no mercy, no pity they will not have entrance into the eternal kingdom of the saved,

But now the universalist lies and tells us these will find mercy with God and He will change His Mind and save them into His Eternal Kingdom,but thats nothing but lies.

SO What !!!!!!!!????????
As you say , God will Save who He has already "elected" to save !!!
No more & No LESS !

Old 05-12-2024, 08:50 AM

Pro

The Good News Never Gets Old

The Promise of the Lord

John 12

27 “Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 So the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, “An angel has spoken to Him.” 30 Jesus answered and said, “This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes. 31 Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” 33 But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die.

Jesus gave His life for all people and He will get all people. He will draw or drag all people to Himself. The ruler of this world (Satan) will be cast out. No one will remain under the power and domain of Satan, sin, and death forever.

No person's will, no sin, no power of Satan or death can keep Jesus from drawing all to Himself.

"Through Isaiah the prophet, God declared: "My purpose will be established, and I will
accomplish all My good pleasure" (Isaiah 46:10). If God wills that all men will be saved and,
thus, He will drag all men to His Son, do we think He will not accomplish what He has willed?

Jesus declared that all that the Father drags to Him, He will raise up on the last day. There are
differing views on what the last day actually means. Since its meaning does not alter the subject
at hand, we will leave it.

During our present age—that has gone on now for two millennia—men are drawn to Christ by
grace through faith, and that not of ourselves, so that no one may boast (Ephesians 2:8-9). We
are dragged to Christ by grace and faith that is given to us.

All humanity will be dragged unto the Lord because the cross is and will be an absolute, 100%
success in the reconciliation of all things, in which all mankind is included.

For the love of Christ is constraining us, judging this, that, if One died for the sake of all,
consequently all died. (2 Corinthians 5:14 CLV)

This pretty much sums up dragging all unto Himself. He died for all, consequently we all died.
How does a dead man get out of death? Is it possible for a dead man to climb out of the grave?
It is not possible for fallen man, but it was for the one who knew no sin, the new man who died
for all. If He dragged us into death, don't you think He knows how to drag all of us unto Himself
to give us His life?" Stuart Pouliott

All were made for God and Jesus has been made heir of all. He loses none to Satan, sin, and death for in the end, He will subject all to Himself so that God may be all in all. Hebrews 1, 1 Cor. 15

God bless

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-12-2024 at 09:24 AM..

Old 05-14-2024, 04:14 PM

4,673 posts, read 1,224,691 times
Universalism is a false teaching leading people astray because it denies Gods counsel and decree of reprobation. One writer writes:

REPROBATION is the wise, just, and absolute decree of God, passing by and leaving some men unto themselves, to suffer them to fall, and to inflict upon them eternal punishment deserved by their sins, for the praise of His unspeakable great justice (Rom 9:11,13, 22; Jude 4; Jer 6:30).

The causes of this decree are the absolute will and good pleasure of
God (Mat 11:26; Rom 9:13).

The end of this decree is not the condemnation of the creature, but
the manifestation of God’s justice (Rom 9:22). Yet election and reprobation, in a sense, are not the causes of salvation and damnation: Christ is the proper and meritorious cause of salvation; sin [is] the proper and
meritorious cause of damnation. Election and reprobation are but precedent acts or decrees, and the causes of salvation and damnation come in between the causes and the execution thereof. It is the fore appointment of certain angels and men unto everlasting dishonor: God of His own free will determining to pass them by, refuse, or cast off,and for sin to condemn and punish them with everlasting death (Pro 16:4; Exo 9:16; Rom 9:17; 2Ti 2:20; Mat 25:41).

Robert Purnell (1606-1666)

Old 05-14-2024, 06:29 PM

Pro

God is in the process of making all things new. We should not be discouraged by the trouble taking place on the earth. God's word says:

Romans 8

0 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, [i]in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

God Himself subjected the creation to futility, vanity, worthlessness. This was His intention, His plan. And the reason is the expectation, confidence, expectation (hope-elpis) that the creation will be set free from the slavery to corruption and changed into the whole freedom the glory of the children of God.

We must go through the darkness, pain, struggle, slavery to corruption before we experience the true freedom that comes from our Creator. This is His plan, His work in His own creation. Destruction comes before restoration and healing.

Jesus, who is the Life, who was sent to be the Savior of the world, will draw all mankind to Himself one day Such is the power of God, who is Love. The Father has given all mankind to Jesus and Jesus will subject all to Himself that God will be all in all in the end.. 1 Corinthians 15. We can come to Him willingly today, now, or one day we will be made willing to come.

Jesus died for every person that has lived, is living, and will live.

He loves each one.

We were all once wicked and estranged from the Father.

Jesus died for His enemies.

Ephesians 2

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. NIV

Each one belongs to Him, as all were created through Him by the Father.

Colossians 1
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together...

All are not His spiritual children now. Most are lost and under the domain of darkness.

Jesus came to destroy the works of satan.

Jesus has been made heir of all. Hebrews 1

He was sent to be the Savior of the world.

It is not about being saved from endless hell.

It is about being saved from sin and out of death.

The Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.” (1 John 4:14)

Jesus is “the Christ, the Savior of the world.” (John 4:42)

“This is good and acceptable in the sight of our God our saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus: Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” (1 Tim. 2:3-6, KJV)

Jesus “is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.” (1 John 2:2)

33 For the bread of God is [i]that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.” 34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.” (John 6:33)

31 Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” John 12:31-32

God bless.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:36 PM

Pro

God is not a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

"The teaching of eternal punishment slanders the character of God and dishonors Him and His Son.

Failure to distinguish between the elective salvation of the ages (2 Tim.2:10), and the general salvation beyond (1 Tim.4:9-11; 2:3-6), has caused many to malign the God they seek to glorify.

This distinction is clearly revealed in the types of the Old Testament.

There was a redemption for some prior to Jubilee, and a deliverance for all at Jubilee (Lev.25:1-55).

There is to be a grand Jubilee of Salvation. All are to receive "justification of life" and "be made righteous" (Rom.5:18,19).

Jesus Christ is indeed a triumphant Saviour. "The pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand, He shall see of the travail of His soul and shall be satisfied" (Isa.53:10,11). Savior of All Fellowship

Jesus does not lose the mass of mankind or even one to sin, Satan, or death.

He is working out this process through the ages or eons, those vast periods of time that were created in Jesus Christ. Hebrews 1.

All people do not come to Him in this age/eon. Many remain under the domain of darkness, deceived by Satan, walking in the course of this world.

Many will be excluded from the promises of God in this age and in the age to come.

Many will perish, be lost, experience the severe judgments of God.

God, who has all things under control, sent Jesus to die for all people and Jesus has been made heir of all people.

In the end at the end of the ages, Christ will reign triumphant in every heart as He has been made heir of all. Hebrews 1.

1 Corinthians 15

22 for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,
23 and each in his proper order, a first-fruit Christ, afterwards those who are the Christ's, in his presence,
24 then -- the end, when he may deliver up the reign to God, even the Father, when he may have made useless all rule, and all authority and power --
25 for it behoveth him to reign till he may have put all the enemies under his feet --
26 the last enemy is done away -- death;
27 for all things He did put under his feet, and, when one may say that all things have been subjected, [it is] evident that He is excepted who did subject the all things to him,
28 and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all. Young's Literal

During the ages there is aionios life and aionios destruction.

Aionios life is the life of God, spiritual life, that God gives to believers in this age and in the age to come. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Believers have been given faith and have this life as believers walk in fellowship with the Father and the Son.

Aionios is translated as "eternal" in most translations but this is a mistranslation. Aionios means pertaining to an age or ages. It is the same as the word, eonian. Eonian means of or pertaining to an eon or the eons. Ages/Eons have a beginning and an end. God who created the ages/eons through His Son, is the God of the Ages/Eons. He has a specific purpose for the ages/eons. Believers have aionios/eonian life, the life of knowing the Father and the Son. Believers are in fellowship with God and live by faith for Him. They experience the blessings associated with knowing God in this age/eon and in the ages/eons to come.

All are not saved during the ages/eons. Unbelievers are lost and out of fellowship with God. The judgments of God involve exclusion, separation, the second death, the destruction evil and sin, chastisement, change, with all leading to the eventual restoration of all people to God at the end of the ages/eons.

Romans 8
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, [n]in ** hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. NAS

**hope=elpis=confidence, expectation

Ephesians 1
7 In [g]Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He [h]lavished on [i]us. In all wisdom and insight 9 He [j]made known to us the mystery of His **will, according to His [k]kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration [l]suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the **summing up of all things in Christ, things [m]in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him 11 [n]also we [o]have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in [p]Christ would be to the praise of His glory

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity