Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 09:17 PM

130 posts, read 43,601 times

Advertisements

...than it is to actually be one. This is something that I need to work on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 11:34 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggling Christian View Post
Be God conscious instead of sin conscious. See and understand what and who you ARE in Christ. Be rooted and established in His love for you.
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Look to what you are in Him, not to what you are without Him....For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-12-2023 at 11:42 PM..

Old 01-13-2023, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Be God conscious instead of sin conscious. See and understand what and who you ARE in Christ. Be rooted and established in His love for you.
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Look to what you are in Him, not to what you are without Him....For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Thank you.

Old 01-13-2023, 03:57 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,274,673 times
Quote:
So true! You’re in good company. Paul pretty much said the same.

Romans 7:15
“For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.”

Old 01-13-2023, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
So true! You’re in good company. Paul pretty much said the same.

Romans 7:15
“For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.”
Great verse. Thank you.

Old 01-13-2023, 09:37 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
That's true of anything...

All people are guilty of being members of "NATO" in some respect of their lives. Which in this case stands for "No Action...Talk Only."

If you want to take action in whatever you define as being a Christian... define what that is and go for it.

Old 01-13-2023, 10:20 AM

11,104 posts, read 7,164,275 times
The best approach is to keep quiet about being a "Christian".

If you get it wrong, you're a bad example, misrepresent Christ, and cause confusion for the many who don't know him.

If you get it right, your life will be a self-evident example, and there'd be no reason to mention it explicitly.

Either way, actions speak louder than words. Focus on being authentic and genuine. Talk is cheap.

Old 01-13-2023, 10:38 AM

3,830 posts, read 1,384,422 times
I struggle with sharing in His sufferings (Rom8:17), but am making some slow progress.

Old 01-13-2023, 01:33 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Old 01-13-2023, 01:40 PM

4,085 posts, read 880,365 times
Quote:
If you want Jesus help, then go to Jesus and not denominations from men.

Get Jesus' teachings from the New Testament and do what Jesus says to do.

Miraculous and wonderful things can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity