Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times

Advertisements

Do we bring levels of personal suffering on ourselves from our lack of faith in God's promises? If we have God's kingdom to look foward to and we know that ultimately God works everything out to advance his perfection, why do we worry? Why do we feel afraid? Why do we feel angry? Why do we feel hatred in our hearts? Why do we feel bitter? Why do we feel overwhelmed at times? Why do we feel stressed? Should we feel any of these things if we are truly faithful to God? Is it our lack of faith in God the reason that our hearts stray from the peace and joy only he can offer? Do we get caught up in this world we are living in instead of putting God's kingdom in our hearts and minds? Are these feelings just a part of sin entering our world? Are we able to have the kind of faith that will truly set us free from this world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 02:39 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Are we able to have the kind of faith that will truly set us free from this world?
Altho we are to be apart from the world, in many ways it is a continual journey. We will never be truly free from the world and its influences until after our time on this earth is over. This does not mean that the world overcomes us, but we need to fight the daily battle to overcome the world.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:41 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Do we bring levels of personal suffering on ourselves from our lack of faith in God's promises? If we have God's kingdom to look foward to and we know that ultimately God works everything out to advance his perfection, why do we worry? Why do we feel afraid? Why do we feel angry? Why do we feel hatred in our hearts? Why do we feel bitter? Why do we feel overwhelmed at times? Why do we feel stressed? Should we feel any of these things if we are truly faithful to God? Is it our lack of faith in God the reason that our hearts stray from the peace and joy only he can offer? Do we get caught up in this world we are living in instead of putting God's kingdom in our hearts and minds? Are these feelings just a part of sin entering our world? Are we able to have the kind of faith that will truly set us free from this world?
Nope, We have a adamic nature that we constantly fight with, flesh against the spirit not to mention it doesn't help there are demons that oppress us through fear, lust, jealousy, coveting etc.... but we should take comfort that when we become Christians the war has begun and we know we are on the right track because we now feel the convictions from the Holy Spirit.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:51 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
I've been taught that these "symptoms" (bitterness, strife, envy, etc.) only show us that the work of grace is needed to fully crucify us. In Him there is no darkness, but we are what we are by the grace of God, changing from glory to glory.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
A few months ago, I asked God many of these same questions. I asked Him to show me and teach me. Within a couple of months all these odd events began to take place in my life and I was suddenly placed in an arena of having to trust Him for my daily needs. I worried, fretted, cried and whined. Then I remembered how it took the children of Israel 40 years to make an 11 day trip. I regrouped fast and decided I was NOT going to take 40 years to learn whatever lesson God was teaching me that I had asked Him for.

I learned the power of praise no matter what. I learned a whole new level of compassion. I learned how to "rest" in His promises and presence.

My life then changed and suddenly every bad circumstance began to fix itself.

So, I think your questions are more than valid and the first step into a new level of relationship in understanding how God works. Sure, we will always fall into temptation and blow it from time to time...but we all have to learn how to keep our eyes on the God we serve and to follow the guidelines He has given us to the best of our ability each and every day.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:09 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Altho we are to be apart from the world, in many ways it is a continual journey. We will never be truly free from the world and its influences until after our time on this earth is over. This does not mean that the world overcomes us, but we need to fight the daily battle to overcome the world.

This is how I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity