Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if you began to have visions from God?
I'm a Christian and I would share them 35 61.40%
I'm a Christian and I would not share them 7 12.28%
I'm not a Christian, but I would still share them 4 7.02%
I'm not a Christian, and I would not share them 2 3.51%
I don't believe in God or visions 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:42 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,634,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Wow, it always surprises me to see this thread pop up over and over again. DTO----there's your proof right there that it's from God. He gave it to me, He wanted me to share it and it keeps getting resurrected just when it needs to be.

I read another thread started by Carlos just recently about David Wilkerson having a vision but I have not been able to pull up the link. Apparantly it's similar in nature. Believe what you want, but if you are not a Christian then you cannot understand the difference between a simple dream and a dream or vision from God. Even as a Christian, I still had trouble discerning whether I should share it, thus the need for this thread.

I may have had trouble deciding whether or not to share it, but there was never any doubt whatsoever that it was from God. These are troubling times that we live in, and visions like mine are cause for alarm only to those who don't know Jesus. Now is the time to accept HIM if you have not. God will supernaturally protect His own no matter what happens.
Judgment on America....My Visions

Quoting myself here..........If you guys will click on the link above you can read about my visions. I originally started this thread in Nov. 2008, so a lot has happened since then.

Welcome to the board, Bud!! You said you were interested in other dreams/visions too, especially about animals so here's another link to another thread I started not long ago.

I Was Visited by a White Horse Last Night

Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,495,416 times
How about __ I'm a Christian and I don't believe visions are for us now because we have everything we need in the Bible!

Preterist

Old 04-27-2009, 08:46 AM

31 posts, read 41,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm25 View Post
I'd be interested in hearing more. I am very much into / interested in NDE's and what people say they saw / experienced!
me too me too! Please post visions.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
How about __ I'm a Christian and I don't believe visions are for us now because we have everything we need in the Bible!

Preterist
Ok now here is the problem with that. We are ALLOWED to grow. Have you ever noticed a dead stagnant pond. Where nothing moves and no life exists. Is that what you want....for the Bible to say (which it doesnt) that no one in this present life time is allowed to have visions. What about Black Elk Speaks. This is not to dump on the Bible. Visions are not about the Bible. Visions are personal between you and God. It is a personal thing. You need to open up like a flower. Not to dump on Christianity either. I'm a Christian too. But this world is unfathomably
incomprehensable. Trust me....there are many visions given to individuals this day and age. They also do not have to be Christian for God to smile down on them. And God had many helpers. Both man and animal.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

Quoting myself here..........If you guys will click on the link above you can read about my visions. I originally started this thread in Nov. 2008, so a lot has happened since then.

Welcome to the board, Bud!! You said you were interested in other dreams/visions too, especially about animals so here's another link to another thread I started not long ago.

I Was Visited by a White Horse Last Night
Oh man DayoftheLord that was awesome. I enjoyed it very much. Luv it Luv it Luv it. Will check the others asap.

Last edited by budhabee; 04-27-2009 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: need to add something

Old 04-27-2009, 09:11 AM

Well lemmie dump on all the doomsday stuff. Sure do hope not on that one. Hell yer everyday news broadcasts try to scare us enuff. I aint sayin that men and women arn't huge screwups with the environment and things and we have let our morals slide down to way below the boondocks from what the newscasters put out there every doggone day. But what is on the news isn't 100 percent of the population. Maybe 1% sucks big time. We have to remember that any news is bad news otherwise they wont broadcast it. Meanwhile good good things are happening all around us with our neighbors and our family's etc. etc. Course I aint sayin the oceans wont eventually swamp the coastal cities any fool can see thats probably gonna happen. But why are we afraid of death to such a degree we have to forcast it for the whole world. As if we didn't have some place to go once we die. Shoot I could get run over tomorrow why would I wanna think about a future holocaust? I do not believe that God is that angry with us. Lord knows we are growing population wise at a tremendous rate. With that many people in the world we are going to have a few crazies. We may not be doing the best at politics or feeding the hungry etc. But hell most of us are trying to live and strive for a better life. Dontcha think?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:21 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,495,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budhabee View Post
Ok now here is the problem with that. We are ALLOWED to grow. Have you ever noticed a dead stagnant pond. Where nothing moves and no life exists. Is that what you want....for the Bible to say (which it doesnt) that no one in this present life time is allowed to have visions. What about Black Elk Speaks. This is not to dump on the Bible. Visions are not about the Bible. Visions are personal between you and God. It is a personal thing. You need to open up like a flower. Not to dump on Christianity either. I'm a Christian too. But this world is unfathomably
incomprehensable. Trust me....there are many visions given to individuals this day and age. They also do not have to be Christian for God to smile down on them. And God had many helpers. Both man and animal.
Sorry, budhabee, but I do not trust your word alone that there are "visions given to individuals this day and age." Peter clearly stated that all those of like-precious faith "by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ" have been given all things that pertain to life and godliness "through the knowledge of Him who called us" (2 Peter 1:3f). We have the completed canon. Those who don't find sufficiency in God's written Word to us seek for signs and visions.

Preterist

Old 04-28-2009, 06:45 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,634,064 times
It was not easy to share this. Take it for what it's worth, but like I said before.....it was from God.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

Bud;
What comes to mind, when I read your post is when the Apostle Paul had been caught up in the third heaven;
He could not speak of the things that was revealed to him by God, I believe
The scripture< I have to find it, where Paul states that He didn't know whether he was out of the body or in the body......
If anyone knows this passage of scripture, could you please share it?
Thanks
God Bless You.
Probably because they were to unfathamable to be put into words. Not that he didn't want to share but just that he didn't know how to explain it so others would comprehend. It would sound like gibberish....like "my eyes smelled." savvy? Or "my mouth heard." small example. Or other like complications. But who the heck knows.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Sorry, budhabee, but I do not trust your word alone that there are "visions given to individuals this day and age." Peter clearly stated that all those of like-precious faith "by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ" have been given all things that pertain to life and godliness "through the knowledge of Him who called us" (2 Peter 1:3f). We have the completed canon. Those who don't find sufficiency in God's written Word to us seek for signs and visions.

Preterist
They dont have to seek signs and visions. You think the housewife standing at the mirror worried about her looks can't have a vision out of the blue. Besides I never trusted any body named PETER. heh heh. As for the rest of what you said its just giving me a headache. yada yada yada. What the hell is like-precious faith. And what does anything in this post have to do with visions?.....that pertain to life and godliness??????????? HUH? We all got life we know that but Godliness? And who the heck said the CANON was completed? Some Catholic frigging decision? Nothing against the Catholic faith. Nobody has to SEEK for signs and visions. They are all around us on top of us and they sleep with us at night. You think God would just leave us hear with no personal contact with him. You think were all such a bunch of losers that he would not care to contact us? Movement and growth are the only way man's religions will survive. No offence dude. Besides I never asked anybody to trust my word on anything. Its only right to question everything true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity