Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if you began to have visions from God?
I'm a Christian and I would share them 35 61.40%
I'm a Christian and I would not share them 7 12.28%
I'm not a Christian, but I would still share them 4 7.02%
I'm not a Christian, and I would not share them 2 3.51%
I don't believe in God or visions 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:04 AM

31 posts, read 41,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
It was not easy to share this. Take it for what it's worth, but like I said before.....it was from God.
Sorry honey. I believe you really I do. I just guess I sure do hope that doesnt happen. This sure is a purty world and I was kinda hoping we could use it for awhile yet. But then....who knows. I don't much like doomsday visions. Guess you can tell huh? heh heh

Old 04-28-2009, 10:11 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I've had some visions in the past few weeks, and I'm stumped on what to do about them. I'm not sure why I'm being shown these things and whether or not I need to share them. So I'm going to take a poll, and if the majority wants to hear about them, then I'll post them.

Here's the thing....they are not good.

I'd really like to hear what my fellow Christians think about this, and if these visions are just for me or is God telling me to share them?

I've NEVER had visions before, and there's some scriptures in the Bible that keeps coming to mind.

Acts 2:17-18
"In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophecy."

I could just put it all out there and not ask, but I am really interested in how others feel about this sort of thing and what you would do if you started having visions or dreams. Prophecy?
For one thing, thanks a whole lot for not considering that someone could be a Christian and not believe in "visions", even though that's the case with many of us.

Aside from that, why does anyone need "visions"??? Is God's Word not enough for you??? The Bible says it's sufficient, so why do people try to find messages in "visions"???

If you need visions, then the Bible isn't enough for you, and if the Bible isn't enough for you, then you need to re-examine your relationship with Christ because maybe you don't have a true Faith.

I don't believe God would speak to us in "visions" when He already speaks to us through His Word.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:57 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,168,113 times
I need more than the Bible...I need the Holy Spirit. I believe it is possible the Lord would give visions. I do not place limits on our God.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
For one thing, thanks a whole lot for not considering that someone could be a Christian and not believe in "visions", even though that's the case with many of us.
No one asked you to read the thread. Great attitude you got there. If you don't believe in visions, dreams, miracles etc., then you have God in a box. God can do anything!! It is you who is putting restrictions on God with your carnal, unbelieving mind and spirit.

Quote:
Aside from that, why does anyone need "visions"??? Is God's Word not enough for you??? The Bible says it's sufficient, so why do people try to find messages in "visions"???
No one NEEDS visions, it is a gift from God. Sorry you can't think of God outside of your own box that you created for him. If the vision scares you and that's why you are so hostile and lashing out, then you are not prepared to meet Jesus. A vision like this is to warn the unbelievers, it should not frighten a Christian.

Quote:
If you need visions, then the Bible isn't enough for you, and if the Bible isn't enough for you, then you need to re-examine your relationship with Christ because maybe you don't have a true Faith.
If you weren't a newbie (which btw, WRONG way to start out in a discussion board) then you would know that I am one of the BIGGEST advocates on this board of the Bible and it's inerrancy. I hope God gives you a vision and then you may understand that it's not a "need"......it just happens!!! However, you have to be open to it and I am open to anything and everything that God wants to give me, so that probably is the big difference between you and I. I'm not afraid. How dare you question my relationship with my Savior. You are projecting your own disbelief beyond what you have been taught onto me. Who does not have true faith?? Who's the one afraid of visions??

Quote:
I don't believe God would speak to us in "visions" when He already speaks to us through His Word.
YOU don't believe??? Now there's a statement within a statement.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkin600 View Post
First I'd like to say to everyone thank you so much for accepting me into your group and I can tell by reading some of the other members postings that I could simply miss work tomorrow just to read the different threads.

I would like to say that what I'm about to disclose is a story about a beautiful person I know. Shes my mother and I'm her son. My mother is a very religious person and for as long as I've been on this earth I've never ever heard her speak a bad word or curse word should I say.

My mother shared with me an experience she had months ago that somehow still has a profound effect on me. I guess the best way to explain it would be liken to that of a powerful church sermon.

One night while my mother was sleeping she woke up to a bright light coming from the northwest corner of her bedroom. I think mom said it was the light that woke her. She said that when she turnover to see what it was she was amazed. It was though she was looking at a beautiful picture of a forest. She said that it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. It started misting rain and the rain was simply glistening and sparking. The trees we so green and beautiful. My mother said she turned away from the sight at first but then she turned back to look and it was still there just as beautiful as it was before only this time the mist turned into rain and she remembered looking up and seeing the drops of rain falling and not only could she see this but she could hear the rain drops hitting. Slowly the picture of the forest started to fade behind the curtain of heavy rain until it was completely gone.

I'd like to say this was a time in Mississippi,(summertime) that we were having a drought. We hadn't had rain for so long. Whether or not this had anything to do with it raining the next day wouldn't be for me to say and neither did my mother. This was one of two experiences that my mother had.

The other vision mom had was of a person's hand. My mother witness looking at not in a dream but just as she had seen the green forest was the hand of my deceased father whom we loved very much. She told me she knew it was my father's hand waving beyond any doubt. His hand was so detailed until she could see the pores in his skin. She said that his hand seemed flawless and the only other thing she could see was the end ruffles of a white robe that was almost blinding to the eyes. My father has been deceased now for about 2 years. The dream mom had was weeks after his death. My mom and dad were married for over 50 years and never separated. There were trying times just as there are in any marriage, they had been together since their teenage years.

Could someone please explain to me what my mother experienced? I do know when she told me about this I couldn't stop thinking about it. And right now it's been almost a week since she told me. Personally I feel that was a divine sign to her that my father was alright and this was some kind of assurance. But I could also be way off track, I don't know. I can say that my mother is about 70 year old and she told me that since shes been on this earth she has never witnessed anything like this before.

What would have after all these year allowed her to witness something of this magnitude? Thank you for any help anyone can give me. I'm really and truly curious. I also like to add I'm beginning to read my bible more.
That is sooo cool. These are they kinds of visions I am talking about. Plus your mom had the certain inner knowing that that was your father. Even though all she saw was his hand she instintively knew it was him. The rain cascading down in the dream was a dream prayer that was sent up to the creater by your mom while she was sleeping and he responded by giving your mom a waking vision beyond the veil. SOOOO COOL. Plus he followed it up with the real thing the next day.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:48 AM

I dunno about the "Only Christians are getting into heaven comment" when you see all these American Indians there. Hmmmm. Do you suppose its the same old thing of "Ya better believe in what I believe in or yer not gonna go??????????"

Old 04-29-2009, 09:50 AM

Yeh thats why yer names FREEDOM aay? Shouldn't you be free to share?

Old 04-29-2009, 10:15 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,738 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;8560954]
Quote:

No one asked you to read the thread. Great attitude you got there. If you don't believe in visions, dreams, miracles etc., then you have God in a box. God can do anything!! It is you who is putting restrictions on God with your carnal, unbelieving mind and spirit.

No one NEEDS visions, it is a gift from God. Sorry you can't think of God outside of your own box that you created for him. If the vision scares you and that's why you are so hostile and lashing out, then you are not prepared to meet Jesus. A vision like this is to warn the unbelievers, it should not frighten a Christian.

If you weren't a newbie (which btw, WRONG way to start out in a discussion board) then you would know that I am one of the BIGGEST advocates on this board of the Bible and it's inerrancy. I hope God gives you a vision and then you may understand that it's not a "need"......it just happens!!! However, you have to be open to it and I am open to anything and everything that God wants to give me, so that probably is the big difference between you and I. I'm not afraid. How dare you question my relationship with my Savior. You are projecting your own disbelief beyond what you have been taught onto me. Who does not have true faith?? Who's the one afraid of visions??

YOU don't believe??? Now there's a statement within a statement.

yea! What she said! I agree wholeheartedly.
Thanks DOTL

Old 04-30-2009, 09:55 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,493,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I need more than the Bible...I need the Holy Spirit. I believe it is possible the Lord would give visions. I do not place limits on our God.
Hi, StirringWaters: But we should put limits on God when HE puts such limits on Himself!

Preterist

Old 05-02-2009, 02:22 PM

Give us an example of one of these dreams. They sound like Mythic dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity