Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 02:03 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,753,029 times

Advertisements

Hello and greetings to you

Have you been calling out to your father in heaven to receive salvation?
Have you opened up your heart to the Lord?
If I knew of a pending doom and it could come upon us any day any time what you do?
How would you secure your soul? In Bible I found out exactly how and if I want to tell you some time the heart can be hard and pride which will make it difficult to except because of our human heart, but there is a way in the Scriptures tell us how to approach God. If your children come to you with all their heart to you to ask you about anything about life or even a small toy, you would open your heart and let that child coming to you, that it brings tears to your eye.
So I ask anyone have you been crying out to your Father in heaven.
Remember in the passage where Jesus tells the apostles that he must go to the Father and that he will send us the helper which is the Holy Spirit? Something happen to me. Here is verses that may help to understand what’s going on.John 14: 16 - 25 - 30 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Because they are so many people that say they are to, it is hard to believe anyone as you see the times.
The Holy Spirit said there is a way to know if I anyone is filled with the Holy Ghost since they are many people saying that I am Jesus or other.
Now it said in passages about being indwelt by the helper. So you can get a feeling of what it feels to be indwelt or filled by the Holy Ghost. Note that God only speaks through the Bible by faith and not by sight.
We read in I Corinthians 6: 1Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? Also in

I Corinthians. 12: 12 -14For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many.
Romans 1: 11 – 12 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
Romans 6: 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Romans 12: 4 – 11 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that showeth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
Colossians 3: 1 – 6 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity