Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:10 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,042 times

Advertisements

So many ways. So many substitutes.

So much confusion!

Why do we fight against what our soul longs for? I can't help but think that when I read the boards today.

"My God.. You are above all. You know my path. You are so great, I am so small. Take me, use me... I can feel Your love! Help me to show this love to others."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:13 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,168,113 times
I don't understand it, either. How, when we have the gift of the Holy Spirit, does it all get so mangled? Sometimes I wonder if people get bored (yes...bored!) with the simplicity of our Lord that they dig deeper and deeper and deeper...leaning on their own understandings rather than the Lord. It seems when one is joyful in the Lord that they are immediately crushed by another's words...and seen with suspicion...their salvation instantly in question.

Sigh. I am guilty of which I speak. I apologize.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Me too. Honestly.

I agree with your thoughts about the simplicity that is in Christ..

Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,148,392 times
What is it Jesus said about little children...that unless we humbled ourselves and became as they, we wouldn't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. We all need to remember that.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
What is it Jesus said about little children...that unless we humbled ourselves and became as they, we wouldn't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. We all need to remember that.
Amen!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,047 times
"Thank you for loving me, Lord. I know I am not worthy, but because of your grace you have saved me from my sins. You alone are worthy and I lift up Your name in praise! How great thou are who is ruler of the universe You created, yet saves a wretch like me. You are holy, mighty, and all powerful. Blessed is Your name who's blood was shed on the cross. You are the Lamb who replaced my death with Yours. But you conquered the grave and have given me eternal life. You are the One who was, and is, and is to come. You have gone to prepare a place for me, and I rejoice and am so glad in it. My head is lifted up and fixed on the heavens, for I know my Redemption is drawing near. You are my Redeemer, and YES, You live!! Hallelujah!! Now Father, I ask you to keep me within your Will. Help me to know Your ways, and walk in the Light of Your Son. I want the work that I do to please you, and I want you to be glorified in all that I do. Help me be the light in the darkness, so that others will know who You are. Give me the chance to speak Your name to others, so they might come to you for their own salvation. You are my God and I will worship you forever. Keep me steadfast in my understandings of you, and keep me diligent in the study of your Word. Give me truth and understanding when I read your Word, and help me to use it to discern the truth from falsehoods. I love you Lord, and I seek your face. I say this praise to you in your Son's precious name, amen!"

Old 03-13-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
"Thank you for loving me, Lord. I know I am not worthy, but because of your grace you have saved me from my sins. You alone are worthy and I lift up Your name in praise! How great thou are who is ruler of the universe You created, yet saves a wretch like me. You are holy, mighty, and all powerful. Blessed is Your name who's blood was shed on the cross. You are the Lamb who replaced my death with Yours. But you conquered the grave and have given me eternal life. You are the One who was, and is, and is to come. You have gone to prepare a place for me, and I rejoice and am so glad in it. My head is lifted up and fixed on the heavens, for I know my Redemption is drawing near. You are my Redeemer, and YES, You live!! Hallelujah!! I say this praise to you in your Son's precious name, amen!"
Amen again!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I don't understand it, either. How, when we have the gift of the Holy Spirit, does it all get so mangled? Sometimes I wonder if people get bored (yes...bored!) with the simplicity of our Lord that they dig deeper and deeper and deeper...leaning on their own understandings rather than the Lord. It seems when one is joyful in the Lord that they are immediately crushed by another's words...and seen with suspicion...their salvation instantly in question.

We are all guilty of the same thing from time to time.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:27 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Flesh.......................
Bored.... it's sad and sin, but it's true!! I believe we all have been guilty..
We fight this flesh daily...
Flesh is emnity to God, for example a child that is repeatedly deliberately disobedient to parents ; sometimes they will just let them learn the hard way
and most times they will come to their senses.. in the meantime the parents still love and nurture the child, but have no recourse but to let them grope around in the dark . God does this with us when we are hard headed..
I went off track a little, but I'm still on the same page here though..
Love You All
God Bless
my other $.02 cents

Old 03-13-2009, 07:30 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
So many ways. So many substitutes.

So much confusion!

Why do we fight against what our soul longs for? I can't help but think that when I read the boards today.

"My God.. You are above all. You know my path. You are so great, I am so small. Take me, use me... I can feel Your love! Help me to show this love to others."
I don't see anything wrong with it.

The reason why many fight against what there soul longs for is because we are shape in sin and born in iniquity. OUr flesh will always war with our spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity