Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 07:45 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,135 times

Advertisements

Philippians 3: 1 -11Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, and beware of the concision.
For we are the circumcision which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Though I might also have confidence in the flesh.
If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more; circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, Pharisee; concerning Zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in law, blameless.
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of anoint savior my Lord; for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of the anointed one, Christ, the righteousness which is of God the Father by faith.
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made comfortable unto his death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
I Kings 3:6-9 Thou hast showed unto thy servant David my father
great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, an righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.
And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father; and I am but a little child; I know not how to go out or come in. and thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad; for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
Proverbs 1:1-7, 20-33 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; to receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, judgment and equity; to give subtilty to the simple, to the young men knowledge and discretion.
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels; To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise and their dark sayings.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets; she crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the opening of the gates; in the city.
She uttereth her words, saying, how long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity?
And the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Turn you at my reproof; behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; but ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof.
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me; for that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord. They would none of my counsel; they despised all my reproof.
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
But those whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
Proverbs 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge; but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
Proverbs 15:14 The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge; but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
It shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people who are left.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Hosea 6:4- 6 O Ephraim what shall I do with thee? OJudah, what shall I do with thee?
For your goodness is as a morning cloud and as early dew, it goeth away.
Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth; and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.
For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God the Father more than burnt offering.
Psalms 51:16-17 For thou desireth not sacrifice; the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart. O God, thou wilt not despise.
Proverbs 2:1-22 My son, if thou wilt receive my words with thee; so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; yea, if thou cryest after knowledge, and lifteth up thy voice for understanding; if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hidden treasures; then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God the Father.
For the Lord giveth wisdom out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous; he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
He keepeth the paths of judgment, and perserveth the way of the saints.
Then shalt thou understand righteousness, judgment and equity; yea every good path.
When wisdom entereth into thine heart and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee; to deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh forward things; who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the way of darkness; who rejoice to do evil and delight in the forwardness of the wicked; whose ways are crooked, and they forward in their paths.
To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flatteresth with her words; which foresaketh the guide of her youth and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead.
None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
That thou mayest walk in the way of good men and keep the paths of the righteous.
For the upright shall dwell in the land and the perfect shall remain in it.
But the wicked shall be cut off from earth and the transgressions shall be rooted out of it.
Proverbs 12:1 Whoever loves instruction, love knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.
Proverbs 30:2-14 Surely I am more brutish than any man and have not understanding of a man. I neither learned wisdom nor have the knowledge of the holy one.
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists?
Who hath bound the waters in a garment?
Who hath established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name?
Deut. 28:58If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD.
Isaiah 18:2 For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The Lord of hosts is his name.
Isaiah 51:15 But I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves reared; the Lord of hosts is his name.
Amos 5:8 Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night; that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth; the Lord is his name.
And what is his son?s name, if thou canst tell?
Every word of God is pure; he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Proverbs 15:14The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge; but the mouth of fools feed on foolishness.
Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge, but the ears of the wise seek knowledge.
I Samuel 2:1-11 My heart rejoices in the Lord, mine horn is exalted in the Lord; my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.
There is none holy as the Lord; for there is none beside thee; neither is there any rock like God the Father.
Talk no more to exceeding proudly; let not arrogance, come out of your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by Him actions are weighed.
The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.
They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased, so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble.
The Lord kills and makes alive, he brings down to the grave, and brings up.
The Lord makes the poor from the dust and lifts the beggars from the ash heap, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory, for the pillars of the earth are the Lord?s and he hath set the world upon them.
He will keep the feet of His saints and the wicked shall be silent in the darkness, for by strength shall no man prevail.
The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces, out of the heaven shall He thunder upon them, the Lord shall judge the ends of the earth, and He shall give strength unto His kings and exalt the horn of His anointed.
And Elkanah went to Ramah to His house, and the child did minister unto the Lord before Eli the priest.
Proverbs 3:19-20 The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth, by understanding hath He established the heaven.
By His knowledge the depths are broken up and the clouds drop down the dew.
Let not them depart from thine eyes, keep sound wisdom and discretion.
Proverbs 24:1-7 Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.
For their heart studieth destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.
Through wisdom is a house built, and by understanding it is established, and by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
A wise man is strong, yea a man of knowledge increase strength. For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war, and in multitude of counsellers there is safety.
Wisdom is too high of a fool, he open not his mouth in the gate.
Proverbs 3:10 When wisdom enters into thine heart and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul.
Proverbs 8:10-12 Receive my instruction and not silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold.
For wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
I wisdom dwell with prudence and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
I Corinthians 13:1-13Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am noting.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind, love does not envy.
Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up, does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth, heals all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.
But whether there are prophecies, they will fail, whether there are tongues, they will cease, whether there is knowledge it will vanish away.
For we know in part and we prophecy in part.
But when that which is in perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away?
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understand as a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face.
Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
Hosea 4:1-10 Hear the word of the Lord your God, ye children of Israel;
{The name ?Israel? means trouble with God.} For the Lord hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
By swearing and lying and killing and stealing and committing adultery, they break out and blood toucheth blood.
Therefore shall the land mourn and every one that dwell therein shall languish with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.
Yet let no man strive nor reprove another, for thy people are as they that strive with the priest.
Therefore shalt thou fall in the day and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother.
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, because thou hast rejected knowledge.
I will also reject thee that thou shalt be no priest to me; seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
As they were increased, so they sinned against me; therefore I will change their glory into shame.
They eat up the sin of my people and they set their heart on their iniquity.
{The word iniquity? means that they we know that we are sinning.} And there shall be like people, like priests, and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings.
For they shall eat and not have enough, they shall commit whoredom and shall not increase, because they have left off to take heed to the Lord.
Malachi :2-5 I have loved you saith the Lord. Yet ye say, wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob?s brother? Saith the Lord, yet I loved Jacob and I hated Esau and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
Whereas Edom saith, we are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places, thou saith the Lord of hosts.
They shall build but I shall throw them down, and they shall call them the border of wickedness and the people against whom the Lord hath indignation for ever.
And your eyes shall see and ye shall say, the Lord will be magnified from the border of Israel.
Malachi 2:1-9 And now oh ye priests, this commandment is for you, if we will not hear and if we will not lay it to the heart, to give glory unto my name saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a cure upon you and I will curse your blessing, yea I have cured them already, your seed and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
And ye shall know that I sent this commandment unto you that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.
My covenant was with him of life and peace, and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name. the law of truth was in his mouth and the iniquity was not found in his lips.
He walked with me in peace and equity and did turn many away from iniquity.
For the priest?s lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.
But ye are departed out of the way, ye have caused many to stumble at the law, ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.
Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people according as ye have been partial in the law.
I Corinthians 8:1-13 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieh.
And if any man thinks that he knows any thing, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
But if any man loves God the Father the same is known of him.
As concerning therefore the eating of those that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many).
But to us there is but one God, the Father of whom are all things, and we in him and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by Him.
Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge, for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto idol, and their conscience being weak and defiled.
But meat commandeth us not to God, for neither if we eat not, are we the worse.
But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak.
For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol?s temple shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols.
And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
But when ye since so against the brethren and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
Wherefore, if meat makes my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world stands, lest I make my brother to offend.
Job 18:5-21 Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out, and the spark of his fire shall not shine.
The candle shall be put out with him.
The steps of his strength shall be straightened and his own counsel shall cast him down.
For he is cast into a net by his own feet and walketh upon a snare.
The gin shall take him by the heal and the robber shall prevail against him.
The snare is laid for him in the ground and a trap for him in the way.
Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, and shall drive him to his feet.
His strength shall be hunger bitten and destruction shall be ready at his side.
It shall devour the strength of his skin, even the firstborn of death shall devour his strength.
His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.
It shall dwell in his tabernacle because it is none of his, brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation.
His roots shall be dried up beneath and above shall his branch be cut off.
His remembrance shall perish from the earth and he shall have no name in the street.
He shall be driven from light into darkness and chased out of the world.
He shall neither have son nor nephew among his people, nor any remaining in his dwellings.
They that come after him shall be astonished at his day as they that went before were affrighted. Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked and this is the place of him that knoweth not God the Father.
II Thessalonians 1:7-9 And to you are troubled rests with us when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels.
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, the almighty and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his power, and His.
Proverbs 8:1-9 Doth not wisdom cry? And understanding put forth her voice?
She stands in the top of high places by the way in the place of the paths.
She crieth at the gates at the entry of the city at the coming in at the doors. Unto you O men, I call and my voice is to the sons of man.
O ye simple, understand wisdom and ye fools be ye of an understanding heart.
Hear, for I will speak of excellent things and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
For my mouth shall speak truth, wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness, there is nothing forward or perverse in them.
They are all plain to him that understand and right to them that find knowledge.
Proverbs 17:27 He that hath knowledge spareth his words and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit.
Ecclesiates 11:1-8 Cast the bread upon the waters for thou shalt find it after many days.
Give a portion to seven and also to eight, for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
If the clouds be full of rain they empty themselves upon the earth, and if the tree falls toward the south or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
He that observeth the wind shall not sow and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child, even so thou knowest not the works of God the Father who maketh all.
In the morning sew thy seed and in the evening withhold not thine hand, for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
Truly the light is sweet and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun.
But if a man live many years and rejoice in them all, yet let him remember the days of darkness, for they shall be many.
All that cometh is vanity.
I Corinthians 2:6-16 However we speak wisdom among them that are perfect, yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to naught.
But we speak wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory, which none of the princes of this world knew, for hand they known it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.
But God hath revealed them unto us by his spirit, for the spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
For what man knoweth the things of man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the spirit of God.
Now we have received not the spirit of this world, but the spirit which is of God, things that are freely given to us of God the Father.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man?s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, neither can know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Romans 11:28-36 Concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes, but as touching the election they are beloved for the father?s sakes.
For the gifts and calling of God, the Father is without repentance. For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief.
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? Or who hath been his counselor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him and through him and to him are all things, to whom be glory ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:1-21For this cause, I Paul the prisoner of Jesus Christ, for you Gentiles, if ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you- word?
How that be revelation he made known unto me the mystery, (as I wrote in few words, whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the spirit, that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel.
Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power and authority.
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.
And to make all men and women see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.
John 1:1-10 The same was in the beginning with God, the Father.
All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word is God, the Father. And the light shineth in darkness, the life was and is the life and was the light of men.
Psalm 33:6 By the word of the Lord were the heaven made, and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly place might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God.
According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord. In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadeth, and length, and depth, and height.
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God, the Father.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or thin according to the power and authority that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the body by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Ezekiel 36:16-38 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Ezekiel 39: 1 – 10Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.
Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.
Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.
Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.
And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.

I king 8: 60That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.
Psalm 9: 20Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah
Ezekiel 38: 23Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Isaiah 49: 26And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Proverbs 10: 14To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
Isaiah 44: 9 – 19They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.
Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?
Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.
The smith with the tongs both worketh in the coals, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his arms: yea, he is hungry, and his strength faileth: he drinketh no water, and is faint.
The carpenter stretcheth out his rule; he marketh it out with a line; he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compass, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man; that it may remain in the house.
He heweth him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest: he planteth an ash, and the rain doth nourish it.
Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto.
He burneth part thereof in the fire; with part thereof he eateth flesh; he roasteth roast, and is satisfied: yea, he warmeth himself, and saith, Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire:
And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god.
They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.
And none considereth in his heart, neither is there knowledge nor understanding to say, I have burned part of it in the fire; yea, also I have baken bread upon the coals thereof; I have roasted flesh, and eaten it: and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination? Shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?
Isaiah 45: 20Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
I Timothy 6: 3 – 5If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
I John 2: 20 - 21But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Proverbs 15: 14 The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
Proverbs 2: 1 – 5My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Nahum 1: 7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
Proverbs 19: 25Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
Isaiah 44: 24 – 25Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;
I Corinthians 1: 20Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this world? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
Romans 16: 25 -27Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,366 times
"To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. " is this a Gideons bible quote? For some reason it must refer to those lonely dusty places, and "To God... ... only wise" is it 'I being' or 'it (some other important human) being'?

Last edited by tgnostic; 01-03-2009 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: have to cover for embarrassed Buber

Old 01-03-2009, 08:02 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,449 times
Psalm 31

Psalm 118:13-14

Psalm 118:28-29
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity