Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:04 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,526,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
LOL

We can be so myopic (myope en français?) in the USA at times can't we?
yeah, to the point of finding you soooooo likable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:46 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,635,685 times
Hmmm....I guess this is too much reality for people.

No one has any thoughts about this or ever wondered about America's role in end time prophecy?

Old 02-18-2009, 06:48 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,170,693 times
I tend to be quiet on end times things. I have no absolute surety on what is to come. I have made sure to know as much as I can about the signs. I have read so many theories. So I'm not replying to this thread only because I have nothing concrete to add...but I always enjoy reading threads like this, DotL...thanks for starting it. Sorry I have nothing.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I tend to be quiet on end times things. I have no absolute surety on what is to come. I have made sure to know as much as I can about the signs. I have read so many theories. So I'm not replying to this thread only because I have nothing concrete to add...but I always enjoy reading threads like this, DotL...thanks for starting it. Sorry I have nothing.
Oh, that's okay SW....a response of neutrality is good too.

Thank you!!

I just like to hear what others think. That's ALWAYS interesting.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Oh, that's okay SW....a response of neutrality is good too.

Thank you!!

I just like to hear what others think. That's ALWAYS interesting.
I agree! I soak up a lot...I just rarely have anything to offer. lol

I will say this...I don't know if it is self-centered or not to think the US would play such a major kind of roll in the end times, but I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility. Not at all. This country has a lot wrong with it, yet while other countries have been full of strife, famine, pestilence, and wars, the US has remained almost unaffected within itself (comparatively). It wouldn't be surprising, then, to see it take such a huge hit.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 AM

Moderator cut: removed orphaned post--deleted

I wonder often how people that lived through the great depression here in the US thought of their time being the end time. They must have thought it was a deep end sign.

So now I will once again go back to being silent...

Last edited by Alpha8207; 02-18-2009 at 09:37 AM..

Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I agree! I soak up a lot...I just rarely have anything to offer. lol

I will say this...I don't know if it is self-centered or not to think the US would play such a major kind of roll in the end times, but I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility. Not at all. This country has a lot wrong with it, yet while other countries have been full of strife, famine, pestilence, and wars, the US has remained almost unaffected within itself (comparatively). It wouldn't be surprising, then, to see it take such a huge hit.
Right....is it just time for the US to suffer because of natural ebbs and flows, it is time for us to suffer because of God's wrath and judgment, or is that we are just a wisp of a country that really has no significance to begin with? OR, are they all one is the same in God's plan?

Much to ponder.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 AM

605 posts, read 1,108,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Right....is it just time for the US to suffer because of natural ebbs and flows, it is time for us to suffer because of God's wrath and judgment, or is that we are just a wisp of a country that really has no significance to begin with? OR, are they all one is the same in God's plan?

Much to ponder.
As with ALL other past great nations and empires until the time comes for them to "fall."

Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 AM

852 posts, read 1,366,842 times
Every person in the world is important to God. We may want to think...are we the only Nation that everyone wanted to come to because of the freedoms and the way we live? We always hear (or used to anyway) that the united states was the place to come. America was the place to come. I don't know if we will be a "major player"...but because of all I've seen, I know we will be involved....along with the rest of the world.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 AM

Couldn't Babylon refer to the entire planet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity