Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 07:10 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,032,394 times

Advertisements

Seven Times
By: Bill Hitchcock
You’d probably be “all ears” If someone said to you seven times to listen to what they were about to say. And you would probably remember it if what they did say was also said seven times.

This is exactly what Jesus does in the Book of Revelations. In the second and third chapters Jesus says a total of seven times, “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches”. Jesus is telling Christians to, “Listen Up! If you have the ability to hear then you better hear what I have to say!”

I think it’s safe to assume that Jesus wants our undivided attention. So what could be so important?

Jesus wants us to overcome. “To him that overcometh” is proclaimed seven times by Jesus. But overcome what? The Blue Letter Bible Lexicon and Strong’s Concordance define overcometh as: “……of Christians, that hold fast their faith even unto death against the power of their foes, and temptations and persecutions”.

Jesus cares so much about our salvation that he tells us seven times to pay attention to what he has to say. Then Jesus tells us seven times to have faith and to overcome. But he doesn’t stop there. Jesus proceeds to tell us what will happen when we do overcome

Revelation Chapter 2
-7) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

-11) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

-17) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

-26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 28) And I will give him the morning star. 29) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation Chapter 3
-5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. 6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

-12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

-21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Each and every day our faith is challenged-Sometimes obviously, sometimes not so obviously. Do not waive what is rightfully yours. Hold fast your faith. This is what Jesus wants you to do. This is why he said to listen to what I have to say seven times. This is why he went on to repeat his message seven times. “He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Revelation 21:7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,991,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
Seven Times
By: Bill Hitchcock
You’d probably be “all ears” If someone said to you seven times to listen to what they were about to say. And you would probably remember it if what they did say was also said seven times.

This is exactly what Jesus does in the Book of Revelations. In the second and third chapters Jesus says a total of seven times, “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches”. Jesus is telling Christians to, “Listen Up! If you have the ability to hear then you better hear what I have to say!”

I think it’s safe to assume that Jesus wants our undivided attention. So what could be so important?

Jesus wants us to overcome. “To him that overcometh” is proclaimed seven times by Jesus. But overcome what? The Blue Letter Bible Lexicon and Strong’s Concordance define overcometh as: “……of Christians, that hold fast their faith even unto death against the power of their foes, and temptations and persecutions”.

Jesus cares so much about our salvation that he tells us seven times to pay attention to what he has to say. Then Jesus tells us seven times to have faith and to overcome. But he doesn’t stop there. Jesus proceeds to tell us what will happen when we do overcome

Revelation Chapter 2
-7) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

-11) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

-17) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

-26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 28) And I will give him the morning star. 29) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation Chapter 3
-5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. 6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

-12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

-21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Each and every day our faith is challenged-Sometimes obviously, sometimes not so obviously. Do not waive what is rightfully yours. Hold fast your faith. This is what Jesus wants you to do. This is why he said to listen to what I have to say seven times. This is why he went on to repeat his message seven times. “He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Revelation 21:7
Very interesting post, but you fail to mention who, or what we're to overcome. These vs. are proof to me the elect will be here, on the earth while the AC is here.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,032,394 times
Very interesting post, but you fail to mention who, or what we're to overcome.

From the above post: Jesus wants us to overcome. “To him that overcometh” is proclaimed seven times by Jesus. But overcome what? The Blue Letter Bible Lexicon and Strong’s Concordance define overcometh as: “……of Christians, that hold fast their faith even unto death against the power of their foes, and temptations and persecutions”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity