Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

Just a thought, Carlos..I see nothing wrong with taking communion alone if you feel compelled to..He will be present if your heart and soul are in the right place
Not to reveal too much of my walk alone and personal with Him, but there have been times when I have...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
This is getting tiresome. I've stated my opinions and views, fortunately I live in a time where I won't get burned at the stake for doing so. You tell me I'm going to hell, that's your opinion, doesn't bother me because I don't believe it. Of course burning in hell for eternity does have it's advantages if you're like me and enjoy heat.
With all due respect: Be careful what you wish for.....you might just get it!

I'm done. Decision's all yours, yours. Just remember, you don't get to blame "Daddy" after that!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
With all due respect: Be careful what you wish for.....you might just get it!

I'm done. Decision's all yours, yours. Just remember, you don't get to blame "Daddy" after that!
No one is blaming daddy dear one. Your Christ ironically sounds like your anti-christ. Those of us who have actually been to the other side know what awaits us. It's not heaven, it's not hell, although it is blissful. That is why I have no fear in your made up hell, it's your hell, it's your fear. That is all.

Good day.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:10 AM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Just a thought, Carlos..I see nothing wrong with taking communion alone if you feel compelled to..He will be present if your heart and soul are in the right place
Not to reveal too much of my walk alone and personal with Him, but there have been times when I have...
Last night I was eating a piece of bread and in the middle of getting ready to take another bite...I was overwhelmed with the realization that Jesus's Body had been broken for me. That bread became for that moment in time a representation of Jesus's Body.

I broke down and wept and stood there looking at that bread like I had never seen bread before. I tenderly held that bread and treated it as gingerly as I would have done had it been a loved one that was wounded. I hesitated to even take another bite as it came to represent Jesus's Body such that I did by my bite want to cause more brokenness.

I know it may sound silly but I was just overwhelmed at the thought of Jesus's Body being broken for me and of that bread representing His Body.

But I ate another piece in remembrance of Him and with a thankful heart eventually finished my eating.

So yes...for sure Miss Blue. Sometimes the Lord can work wonders through the act of breaking bread in remembrance of Him. Though normally I believe His greatest desire is that we as Christians share the breaking of such bread as a remembrance of Him together.

Carlos

Old 03-05-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
No one is blaming daddy dear one. Your Christ ironically sounds like your anti-christ. Those of us who have actually been to the other side know what awaits us. It's not heaven, it's not hell, although it is blissful. That is why I have no fear in your made up hell, it's your hell, it's your fear. That is all.

Good day.
You can lead a horse to water, but you ........

Okay.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:40 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You can lead a horse to water, but you ........

Okay.
Thank you, my spirituality is my own and it is true and right for me.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:39 PM

YouTube - Hold Me Now - Kirk Franklin

Daddy says, come to Me my children, it does'nt matter what you have done, come with a broken heart and confess your sins to Me. I will welcome you with open arms. Please come. Love your Daddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity