Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 06:53 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Thanks ILNC. Those who reject the truth can never understand it.
True!! Don't be surprised when people that twist Scripture around, twist your words around too. Never forget our battle is not with people, but our enemy, the devil, it's spiritual battle. Keep your eye on Christ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 05:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
True!! Don't be surprised when people that twist Scripture around, twist your words around too. Never forget our battle is not with people, but our enemy, the devil, it's spiritual battle. Keep your eye on Christ!
http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif (broken link) http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/clap.gif (broken link) http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/amen.gif (broken link)

Old 05-08-2010, 06:20 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
You have your eye on the Bible. It has become your religious idol. We have our eye on Christ and His love . . . big difference. Be certain you know of what Spirit you are and which Spirit you follow using what is in your heart. The fruits are unmistakable.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:51 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have your eye on the Bible. It has become your religious idol. We have our eye on Christ and His love . . . big difference. Be certain you know of what Spirit you are and which Spirit you follow using what is in your heart. The fruits are unmistakable.
I believe the Bible is the written word of God, our instruction book on how to live, how to know Him better because He wrote it. I only worship God. So yes my eyes are in the Word a lot.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
I believe the Bible is the written word of God, our instruction book on how to live, how to know Him better because He wrote it. I only worship God. So yes my eyes are in the Word a lot.
Yes, in the "written word" . . . but your eyes are NOT on Christ . . the living WORD of GOD.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Search the scriptures; for in them (the written word) ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

To most the scriptures testify of all manner of things (especially eternal torment and the end times ) , but Jesus said the most important thing about the scriptures is that they testify of who he is , that is God in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

He is the revelation of who God is . if you have seen me you have seen the Father , which is that he came to save life not destroy it (yeah but what about all that killing going on in the OT ?),which is blessing them that curse you, doing good to those who spitefully use you, which is turning the other cheek and so on (well this doesn't sound like what i have read in the OT about God ), so maybe we just need to read the scriptures by the Spirit rather than with our carnal minds and we will see that the God of the OT is the same God in Christ reconciling the world unto himself. He's the same yesterday , today and to the ages(that's a hard one to comprehend reading the OT with a carnal mind)

Last edited by pcamps; 05-09-2010 at 04:58 AM..

Old 08-14-2013, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,241 times
With his heart a man believes and with his mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It is that simple. Believe it and say it then you are a new man in Christ.

Its a gift, not a reward. If a person truly believes in his heart Jesus died for him, then of course the Holy Spirit will be freely given to him, and the Spirit will convict us everyday for the rest of our lives to help us live better lives to glorify God. If you had to repent for every single sin before you can receive salvation, then what did Jesus do on the cross? We confess we are sinners. And we always will be until Jesus lives in us. That's why it's called the sinner's prayer.

We are the church victorious, His Body. We can't fight.against each other...we must be united to help Him do the work He wants us to do.

God bless you all!

Thank you Jesus!!! I owed a debt I could not pay, He paid a debt He did not owe.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:28 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,462,453 times
there is no scripture for the sinners prayer. it is an easy way for preachers to get people in the pew. most pastors know no other way.
however, people are not saved because of the prayer, but inspite of it. God will use the prayer to bring someone to repentence. Many have prayed that prayer and then begin to follow Christ. There is no magical formula to it. Other churches teach that you gotta be dunked in water to be saved. The word says that we must believe in Him. By truly believing in Him, we repent all the time.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
there is no scripture for the sinners prayer. it is an easy way for preachers to get people in the pew. most pastors know no other way.
however, people are not saved because of the prayer, but inspite of it. God will use the prayer to bring someone to repentence. Many have prayed that prayer and then begin to follow Christ. There is no magical formula to it. Other churches teach that you gotta be dunked in water to be saved. The word says that we must believe in Him. By truly believing in Him, we repent all the time.
Baloney!

Romans 10:9–10
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:47 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
Joel also said, that The Words Of Our Mouth Is Prophecy.

Interesting, and all a long I've believed Prophecy Is From God.

So when I say, I'm going to pick up this glass and drink? I've spoken Prophecy.
Because I did what I said?

Once I see a loose thread?
I pull it till it stops. To see where it leaves me.
If it leaves me naked? Then I know this garment won't cover me for long.
Because it has a loose thread...beware of following those who'll only leave you out in the cold.
After you've pulled on their loose thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity