Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:57 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Love IS a choice. Once we choose to love our enemies, they often become our friends.

know the adage, "with friends like these.. who needs enemies?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Robin. When you actually embody even a shred of the truth,

Where have I lied?

Quote:
Does that sound familiar?
You do realize that this forum is just sharing words and opinions and none of us have any idea what actions the others are doing in love for God and others.

Quote:
The more people talk about knowing "the truth", the less they actually do.
This is a red herring, no matter how I respond you will still proclaim I do not know the truth. Read the Bible.

Quote:
The more people talk about loving others, the less they actually do.
If I did not love others, and I tell you this truthfully, there would be alot of dead people. So be thankful I do love and dont hate.

Quote:
The more people talk about following Christ, the less they actually do.
If not for my walk with Christ I wouldnt even care enough to address your comments.

Quote:
Be careful.
Believe me careful has nothing to do with it.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Pro 9:8 Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

HK

a lot of such repeated haughtiness may have occurred just once too often.
not funny anymore.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
Quote:
Robin. When you actually embody even a shred of the truth, you will find that words do not exist to explain it. It is beyond words. It simply is. And you will understand where others fit into that scheme and you will have no need to convert them to anything.

I have experienced it in a very few individuals, and it is absolutely profound. When you experience it, you will simply "be" and you will eminate an energy of peace and love in such a profound way that thousands will flock to want to know your truth and write stories trying to explain it from their limited worldview.

Does that sound familiar?

The more people talk about knowing "the truth", the less they actually do.

The more people talk about loving others, the less they actually do.

The more people talk about following Christ, the less they actually do.

Be careful.
^Great post.
Matthew 7: 12
12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
[/b]

Where have I lied?
You haven't lied. You have spoken your truth. My only point is that, by your very words, it is clear you do not yet know "the truth".

None know all, and very few know enough to utter anything on the subject. It is a process of learning that begins in earnest with the wisdom that all life is One.

We should all be humble, no matter the confidence a book might give us. I have been humbled by experiences beyond your wildest imaginings that have made it quite clear that there's a whole lot more going on that we can't see than any of us could fathom.

Quote:
You do realize that this forum is just sharing words and opinions and none of us have any idea what actions the others are doing in love for God and others.
I was just speaking of Christ. No one else.

Quote:
This is a red herring, no matter how I respond you will still proclaim I do not know the truth. Read the Bible.
There is no inherent correlation between knowing the truth and reading the Bible. That's my point. So long as you insist it all resides within those pages, you will never fully embody it. I have seen "the truth" manifest in 2 people. It is profound and inspiring and leads one to tears at simply being in the presence of almost pure love.

Quote:
If I did not love others, and I tell you this truthfully, there would be alot of dead people. So be thankful I do love and dont hate.
I have no idea what your words have to do with dead people, but that's kind of scary. If your rage has ever pushed you to a point that you have even considered murdering others, you need to seek help.

Quote:
If not for my walk with Christ I wouldnt even care enough to address your comments.
And that's where you are in your journey. It is a wonderful place to be. Just don't be so confident as to believe it is the ultimate destination. There's many more mountains to cross over of which you cannot yet see the other side.

Humbleness will carry you through. Arrogance in believing you have reached the ultimate peak simply because you cannot see any others from your vantage point will hold you back.

I don't mean this in an insulting way. Just trying to help you see Christ within you and not in a book. He never taught for people to be obedient sheep following rules like children.

True masters create other masters and he gave us the blueprint for how to become true masters.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
This is how the world sees the church:

Televangelists' Hall of Shame

Judgement, hypocrisy, and hatred, that's how the modern-day church, is perceived.....

Is it any wonder, that people no longer are interested in hearing about the Lord?

We have much to atone for.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Aye . . . there's the rub . . . THINKING you have the truth is not the same thing, Robin . . . no matter how strongly you believe it. Besides these were all generic "you's" and hypotheticals.
What would you call the Bible and the guidance of the Holy Spirit?

Quote:
Again a little introspection and self-examination might reveal why this happens to you.
I have been doing that alot lately, this is why I see the fine lines seperating many thoughts and ideas around here.

Quote:
We have discussed this before . . . the position you take toward other opinions and beliefs is self-righteous . . . whether you think you are righteous or not. The certainty you place in your version of the truth is unwarranted and would form the basis for any know-it-all charges . . . if they exist.
I base them on the Bible and the leading of the Holy Spirit, so if I seem self-righteous it is not my intent. I attempt to share as much information on a particular subject that I can find in the scriptures. I do realize I do not always offer chapter and verse, but I try to encourage others to look and perhaps by looking they can see what I see. As you know, very often people want to reject what they disagree with and claim it couldnt be that way it must have been added. This is what I see as self-righteous because they promoting their feelings over what is written.

Quote:
I would never ridicule you, Robin . . . but the fundamentalist tenets that you seem to embrace are absurd in the extreme and worthy of such. Trying to justify the schizophrenic descriptions of God emanating from primitives and barbaric peoples in today's environment is simply ludicrous. No one blames Christ for your absurd schizophrenic beliefs about Him . . . so any flak you receive is not for Christ's sake. Christ is loved for the love He shows us.
I believe we have both grown to a better discussion relationship, so I can see better where you are coming from even if we do not always agree. I try to adhere to the original fundamental tenets rather than the modern extremist view. As for the barbaric, primative perspectives I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
As long as you repent and love God and each other
Quote:
whenever your "state of mind" (heart/intent) is derailed in weakness for whatever reason (willful or not according to Harold) . . . you will be just fine. How many times should we forgive . . . seven times? Seventy times seven (and we're mere humans) . . . I wouldn't try to push the limits tho.
Well at least we have a better understanding where each other stands, thank you for the responce.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
You haven't lied. You have spoken your truth. My only point is that, by your very words, it is clear you do not yet know "the truth".

None know all, and very few know enough to utter anything on the subject. It is a process of learning that begins in earnest with the wisdom that all life is One.

We should all be humble, no matter the confidence a book might give us. I have been humbled by experiences beyond your wildest imaginings that have made it quite clear that there's a whole lot more going on that we can't see than any of us could fathom.
This is not Christian faith, it sounds more like New Age.

Quote:
I was just speaking of Christ. No one else.
Which Christ?

Quote:
There is no inherent correlation between knowing the truth and reading the Bible. That's my point. So long as you insist it all resides within those pages, you will never fully embody it. I have seen "the truth" manifest in 2 people. It is profound and inspiring and leads one to tears at simply being in the presence of almost pure love.
This is your problem, you reject the Bible. How can you tell what truth is without anything to base it on?

Quote:
I have no idea what your words have to do with dead people, but that's kind of scary. If your rage has ever pushed you to a point that you have even considered murdering others, you need to seek help.
Actually I have special forces training as well as a variety of martial arts background. Pretty much all focused on kill or be killed. If not for my walk with Christ and his hand on my life before I came into a relationship with Him I would have been the end to many lives and it trully has nothing to do with my rage, I can control that rather well.

Quote:
And that's where you are in your journey. It is a wonderful place to be. Just don't be so confident as to believe it is the ultimate destination. There's many more mountains to cross over of which you cannot yet see the other side.
I do realize that and the Lord will reveal those things to me as He sees fit.

Quote:
Humbleness will carry you through. Arrogance in believing you have reached the ultimate peak simply because you cannot see any others from your vantage point will hold you back.
I humble myself to the Holy Spirit and not mans understanding. The Holy Spirit has shared things with me that most would think insane but fit well with the scriptures.

Quote:
I don't mean this in an insulting way. Just trying to help you see Christ within you and not in a book. He never taught for people to be obedient sheep following rules like children.
I am not taking it as insult just misunderstanding. You would be surprised where I see Christ and it is not just in a book. So often people want to discount the working of the Holy Spirit when all we have to do is become like children and the Holy Spirit will guide us and the Bible will confirm such guidance.

Quote:
True masters create other masters and he gave us the blueprint for how to become true masters.
Yes but remember there are many false prophets who think they are masters when in fact they are servants of the evil one guiding them and others to their distruction.

Remember the Lord likes to use the broken and not the perfect because you can perfect the broken but the perfect cannot even grow.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
When you begrin to experience ultimate truth, you will understand why truth does not exist in any book but rather within each of us.

Until you have that transcendent moment in which you connect to the ageless wisdom (nothing new about it), you simply cannot understand what I'm saying.

The first step is in accepting that no one path has all the answers.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
This is how the world sees the church:

Televangelists' Hall of Shame

Judgement, hypocrisy, and hatred, that's how the modern-day church, is perceived.....

Is it any wonder, that people no longer are interested in hearing about the Lord?

We have much to atone for.
True so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity