Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,666,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
Paul labored in his day according to Acts in preaching among false preachers. you have to put your trust,faith and heart into submitting to jesus Christ and what he says in the gospel. the hucksters want to preach belief and reward. I could call it "Pavlov's Dog theology"

if i do this, then i will get this or this favorable thing will happen. this gets back to the disposable, instant gratification society that we live in.

when did Rick Warren get put into the emerging box and why did someone here call him a devil spawn?
I like that analogy, good job.

As far as RW is concerned, he is definitely in the emergent group with his ecumenism, associations, social gospel, and breath prayers. The mystic who referred to him as devil spawn was being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,236 times
Probably because some fundys need to attack something, ANYTHING. They feel if they are not attacking someone or something, they must not be doing thier God's work. They have no need for Spiritual study, deep Spiritual prayer, or the seeking of His Face. They call those who do, mystics and heretics. It is sad, for sure. I used to love growing here on these forums, teaching what I have learned, and being taught from those who are more in tune wth the Spirit.

But as more time rolls on, it is apparent that only Yahweh can open the eyes of the blind. It is apparent that only He can make the ears hear. I see fundys who don't even know what the Tree of Life is, when Yashua expressly tells the Spiritually depressed what it is, because that is what He IS. But hey, call me names. Call me whatever. I shall call on His Name, for by Him, and for Him, were the heavens formed, and the Earth created, and there is no other name in ALL of the Father's creation by which we must be saved.

So fundys, have at it. Wave the patriotic flags, burn all the supposed heretics at the stake, and go to the countless wars defending what it is, that you feel is right. Let us just pray that you are in right standing, and that on that day when you stand in front of Him, hope your fruit is counted as worthy, and your heart was sincere in repentence. That His Blood was not shed in vain,, for you. That you showed the world your, intense beyond measure, Love of your God. The greatest of ALL commands, and your own personal convenant with the Father, like a bride who convenants herself to her husband, giving yourself as an empty vessel to be used by Him and His Glory.

May His peace be with you!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:48 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Probably because some fundys need to attack something, ANYTHING. They feel if they are not attacking someone or something, they must not be doing thier God's work. They have no need for Spiritual study, deep Spiritual prayer, or the seeking of His Face. They call those who do, mystics and heretics. It is sad, for sure. I used to love growing here on these forums, teaching what I have learned, and being taught from those who are more in tune wth the Spirit.

But as more time rolls on, it is apparent that only Yahweh can open the eyes of the blind. It is apparent that only He can make the ears hear. I see fundys who don't even know what the Tree of Life is, when Yashua expressly tells the Spiritually depressed what it is, because that is what He IS. But hey, call me names. Call me whatever. I shall call on His Name, for by Him, and for Him, were the heavens formed, and the Earth created, and there is no other name in ALL of the Father's creation by which we must be saved.

So fundys, have at it. Wave the patriotic flags, burn all the supposed heretics at the stake, and go to the countless wars defending what it is, that you feel is right. Let us just pray that you are in right standing, and that on that day when you stand in front of Him, hope your fruit is counted as worthy, and your heart was sincere in repentence. That His Blood was not shed in vain,, for you. That you showed the world your, intense beyond measure, Love of your God. The greatest of ALL commands, and your own personal convenant with the Father, like a bride who convenants herself to her husband, giving yourself as an empty vessel to be used by Him and His Glory.

May His peace be with you!
Talk about ranting.....which your wrong.

Maybe you should read the apostle Paul writings and say that again. We defend the gospel!!!! You give the right gospel then we would not have to defend the beautiful gospel from some new age, philosophical, make me feel good, it's all about me nonsense that came around in the early 1900's

Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Talk about ranting.....which your wrong.

Maybe you should read the apostle Paul writings and say that again. We defend the gospel!!!! You give the right gospel then we would not have to defend the beautiful gospel from some new age, philosophical, make me feel good, it's all about me nonsense that came around in the early 1900's
WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Let us hear what you believe the gospel message is, because this would clear up a ton of bickering. Paul was CALLED by our Savior for a WORK to do. PERSONALLY!! Have you been called like this? Did He BLIND you up to MAKE your hear, and SEE?

Get out of the WORDS and let us ALL hear the Spirit speak THROUGH you, otherwise get thee behind me.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Let us hear what you believe the gospel message is, because this would clear up a ton of bickering. Paul was CALLED by our Savior for a WORK to do. PERSONALLY!! Have you been called like this? Did He BLIND you up to MAKE your hear, and SEE?
Have you? and yes we were called, by the Apostle Paul, that's who

Quote:
Get out of the WORDS and let us ALL hear the Spirit speak THROUGH you, otherwise get thee behind me.
Surprising you are actually using "the Words"

Old 04-07-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Have you? and yes we were called, by the Apostle Paul, that's who

Surprising you are actually using words
And by not telling us what you believe the GOOD NEWS is, you have shown yourself in true colors.

You were called by Paul? Really?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:28 AM

593 posts, read 1,794,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Great list! Here's another: Great info here: How to Know When Your Church Shows Signs of Emerging - Rapture Ready

1) Sound biblical doctrine is dangerous and divisive, and the experiential (i.e.,mystical) is given a greater role than doctrine.

2) Bible prophecy is no longer taught and is considered a waste of time

3) Israel becomes less and less important and has no biblical significance
Eventually the promises for Israel are applied to the church and not Israel (Replacement Theology).

4) Bible study is replaced by studying someone’s book and his methods
Church health is evaluated on the quantity of people who attend.

5) The truth of God’s Word becomes less and less important
God’s Word, especially concepts like hell, sin and repentance, is eventually downplayed so the unbeliever is not offended.

6) Scripture is no longer the ultimate authority as the basis for the Christian faith.

7) The centrality of the gospel of Jesus Christ is being replaced by humanistic methods promoting church growth and a social gospel.

8) More and more emphasis is being placed on building the kingdom of God now and less and less on the warnings of Scripture about the imminent return of Jesus Christ and a coming judgment in the future.

9) The teaching that Jesus Christ will rule and reign in a literal millennial period is considered unbiblical and heretical.

10) The teaching that the church has taken the place of Israel and Israel has no prophetic significance is often embraced.

11) The teaching that the Book of Revelation does not refer to the future, but instead has been already fulfilled in the past

12) An experiential mystical form of Christianity begins to be promoted as a method to reach the postmodern generation.

13) Ideas are promoted teaching that Christianity needs to be reinvented in order to provide meaning for this generation.

14) The pastor may implement an idea called “ancient-future” or “vintage Christianity” claiming that in order to take the church forward, we need to go back in church history and find out what experiences were effective to get people to embrace Christianity.

15) While the authority of the Word of God is undermined, images and sensual experiences are promoted as the key to experiencing and knowing God.
These experiences include icons, candles, incense, liturgy, labyrinths, prayer stations, contemplative prayer, experiencing the sacraments, particularly the sacrament of the Eucharist.

15) There seems to be a strong emphasis on ecumenism indicating that a bridge is being established that leads in the direction of unity with the Roman Catholic Church. Some evangelical Protestant leaders are saying that the Reformation went too far. They are reexamining the claims of the “church fathers” saying that communion is more than a symbol and that Jesus actually becomes present in the wafer at communion.

16) There will be a growing trend towards an ecumenical unity for the cause of world peace claiming the validity of other religions and that there are many ways to God.

17) Members of churches who question or resist the new changes that the pastor is implementing are reprimanded and usually asked to leave.
I've been to several churches that fits your post...Discernment is needed in these times we're living in...Rick Warren fits numbers, 4,5, 7, 15, 16, and 17 to a tee..

Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
And by not telling us what you believe the GOOD NEWS is, you have shown yourself in true colors.

Do you consider yourself a good person, well you are not, you are sinner just like me and we all deserve to go to hell because we broke God's law because he is so righteous and holy but he sent His son Jesus to take our place for the payment of our sins, he took God's wrath that was meant for us and now if we surrender and put our trust in Christ we will spend eternity with God even though we don't deserve it. That's the good news

Quote:
You were called by Paul? Really?
YOU TOO

(1 Peter 3:15) "15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,"

(Philippians 1:17) "I am set for the defense of the gospel"

(Philippians 1:27) "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel...."

(Philippians 1:28) "And in nothing terrified by you adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God."

(2 Timothy 4:2) "preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction."

(2 Timothy 3:16) "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;"

NEED MORE!!

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 04-07-2009 at 11:19 AM..

Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Do you consider yourself a good person, well you are not, you are sinner just like me and we all deserve to go to hell because we broke God's law because he is so righteous and holy but he sent His son Jesus to take our place for the payment of our sins, he took God's wrath that was meant for us and now if we surrender and put our trust in Christ we will spend eternity with God. That's the good news

YOU TOO

(Philippians 1:17) "I am set for the defense of the gospel"

(Philippians 1:27) "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel...."

(Philippians 1:28) "And in nothing terrified by you adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God."

(2 Timothy 4:2) "preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction."

(2 Timothy 3:16) "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;"

Umm, ok. Sounded like a typical religious response. I expected and hoped for better than that, from you, seeing how you grew up in these surroundings.

Can we really go DEEP, and let the Spirit do the talking? That is Who I want to hear from, through you. Not the religous babble being peddled these days. You do have access to this, you know. Let the fingers do the typing, and not worry about what you will say, for the Spirit will speak it for you. Have FAITH it will happen, and it will.

I am calling for HIM to come out. And those who can see and hear, will be able to tell, for Truth will set the paths straight. So, put the book down, fundy, and let us all hear and see Truth.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Umm, ok. Sounded like a typical religious response. I expected and hoped for better than that, from you, seeing how you grew up in these surroundings.

Can we really go DEEP, and let the Spirit do the talking? That is Who I want to hear from, through you. Not the religous babble being peddled these days. You do have access to this, you know. Let the fingers do the typing, and not worry about what you will say, for the Spirit will speak it for you. Have FAITH it will happen, and it will.

I am calling for HIM to come out. And those who can see and hear, will be able to tell, for Truth will set the paths straight. So, put the book down, fundy, and let us all hear and see Truth.
Typical religious response???!!!! LOL!!...."The book" IS god's word. You want to hear from Him, read His word. You can't trust yourself, base on feelings alone, somehow tapped into the "God conscience". We are a fallen creation. No where in history do I see God asking the average man to tap into himself and seek Him inwardly without any instruction??? Can you please show me that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity