Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 12:18 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times

Advertisements

...Our Key to God's Blessings.

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ...

Let's discuss blessings contingent upon obedience...o.k? I'll begin by finding a specific scripture in the Bible that states a truth...for example..."IF..we do this, THEN God will do this..." Please don't post without finding a specific Scripture to support your message...and then, please feel free to express what it means to you...We'll call this a study on, "Blessings Contingent Upon Obedience."

God's people, in this end-time hour, must come into an experience in which they know "...man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4).

We must no longer live according to the limitatiions of our minds but our lives must be directed by the very words which proceed from the mouth of God. We must develope such spiritual sensitivity that we listen for God's voice and are ready to obey.

The key to our breakthrough and God's promised blessing in our lives is our faithfulness as we walk in a covenant relationship with Him, where we live in obedience and line up our lives with His Word.

There are many Christians who think they can live a half-hearted Christian life, follow after the carnal lusts of their flesh and still claim God's promises of blessing.

The truth is you will be unable to take hold of God's promise in faith unless you live in strong covenant relationship with Christ. Jesus said. "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7). Only when you abide in Christ and His Word remains in you, changing and renewing your mind, will you be able to ask whatever you will and it will be done! Only when you live in continual fellowship with Christ, through your faithfulness to Him, will you be able to receive the fulfillment of His blessings.

PROSPERITY, BLESSING and ABUNDANCE were part of God's covenant with Israel. However, the fulfillment of these promises was based upon one thing...keeping their covenant with God through their faithfulness and obedience to all His commandments...Moses told the children of Israel there would be no poor among them because God's blessings would be upon them if they would listen to God and faithfully obey the commandments God gave them...Deuteronomy 15:4-5...Save when there shall be no poor among you; for the Lord shall greatly bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it: (5) Only If thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all these commandments which I command thee this day.

I'm looking forward to a wonderful experience with you all in this study of God's precious Word!

I love you,
Verna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 01:06 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
ISA 46:8Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

His plan is to bring all creation into Himself, and who will deny Him?

Old 04-18-2009, 02:45 PM

Good afternoon little elmer......thank you for your reply.

This is a very powerful Scripture you presented...Isaiah 46:8-11...God is warning a rebellious people about their worshipping of idols, instead of worshipping Him...and He is letting them know how serious, and powerful He is, and that none of their false god's could EVER even come close to comparing with Him..saying, "My counsel shall stand, and I will do my pleasure...Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it."...His "counsel"...(His "advice and guidance") shall stand!

You said...
His plan is to bring all creation into Himself, and who will deny Him?

My question is, do you believe all of creation will come unto Him?...Do you believe that there will be none who will deny Him? I wonder...How do you relate this scripture to God describing to His creation what they must do in order to achieve what He wants for them...is there something all creation must do, in reference to His counsel, that he very adamantly states, "...SHALL STAND"?

Love,
Verna

Old 04-18-2009, 04:22 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, pray, seek my face and turn from their wicked ways I will hear them from heaven and heal their land 2 Chronicles 7:14This particular scripture is one that I cry for , Repentance!!!It's just that easy, and He will hear, and heal!!!! once something has healed it is restored back to it's original function and design and plan..
If we would just do this ,....Selah
Why is it that people hate to submit to anything or anyone, Pride?? Humble ourselves, Pray!!!, seek My face!!, Turn from their wicked ways!!!Lord have Mercy, in Jesus Name
God Bless You

Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 PM

Thumbs up Right on yhwh! Great choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, pray, seek my face and turn from their wicked ways I will hear them from heaven and heal their land 2 Chronicles 7:14This particular scripture is one that I cry for , Repentance!!!It's just that easy, and He will hear, and heal!!!! once something has healed it is restored back to it's original function and design and plan..
If we would just do this ,....Selah
Why is it that people hate to submit to anything or anyone, Pride?? Humble ourselves, Pray!!!, seek My face!!, Turn from their wicked ways!!!Lord have Mercy, in Jesus Name
God Bless You
...Yes...there is going to be a great tribulation. I truly believe we would all live our lives very, very differently if we would allow God's Word, the Holy Bible, read US......are you redeemed? Are you cleansed? Are you ready?...God's Holy Word will tell you if you are, or if you aren't...IF you have the ears to hear.

Here's a precious promise...contingent upon obedience...

Exodus. 19:5 Now therefore, IF ye will obey My voice indeed, and keep my covenant, THEN ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me above all people; for all the earth is mine.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:36 PM

Exodus 20:6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exodus 23:22 But IF thou shalt indeed obey His voice, and do all that I speak; THEN I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an advrsary unto thine adversaries.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 PM

Exclamation WOW!! Leviticus...THE BOOK of contengencies!!

As I was searching for more Scripture, I came across the Book of Leviticus...Chapter 26: verses 3 through 46...and honestly, as many times as I have read this Book, it never hit me until tonight that it is absolutely loaded with contengencies!!! WOW!! This is a gold mine!! Check this out!!...

From a Loving, Faithful, Fair and Just Father...

IF ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
*THEN I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.
And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
*And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.
*And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.
For I wll have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old becuse of the new.
*And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
I AM the Lord your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

BUT IF YE WILL NOT HEARKEN UNTO ME, AND WILL NOT DO ALL THESE COMMANDMENTS;
AND IF YE SHALL DESPISE MY STATUTES, OR IF YOUR SOUL ABHOR MY JUDGEMENTS, SO THAT YE WILL NOT DO ALL MY COMMANDMENTS, BUT THAT YE BREAK MY COVENANT:
THEN I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint you over to terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.

And IF ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me,
THEN I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:
And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increas, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruitd.

And IF ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me;
THEN I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.
I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your catle, and make you few in number; and your highways shall be desolate.

And IF ye will not be reformed by Me by these things, but will walk contrary unto me;
THEN will I also walk contrary to you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins.
And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of My covenant: and when ye are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.
And when I have broken the staff of your bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall deliver you your bread again by weight: and ye shall eat, and not be satisfied.

And IF ye will not for all this hearken unto Me. but walk contrary unto Me;
THEN I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughter shall ye eat.
And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.
And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall shall be astonished at it!
And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
THEN shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths.
As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it.
And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth.
And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.
And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.
And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.

BUT IF they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against Me, and thaat also they have walked contrary unto Me;
And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies;
IF then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
THEN will I remember My covenant with Jacob, and also My covenant with Isaac, and also My covenant with Abraham will remember, and I will remember the land.
The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised My judgements, and because their soul abhorred My statutes.
And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the Lord their God.

These are the astatutes and judgements and laws, which the Lord made between Him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

*scripture that I have always quoted without realizing there was a contengency attached to it! Quite an eye opener!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:04 AM

420 posts, read 1,236,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...Our Key to God's Blessings.

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ...

Let's discuss blessings contingent upon obedience...o.k? I'll begin by finding a specific scripture in the Bible that states a truth...for example..."IF..we do this, THEN God will do this..." Please don't post without finding a specific Scripture to support your message...and then, please feel free to express what it means to you...We'll call this a study on, "Blessings Contingent Upon Obedience."

God's people, in this end-time hour, must come into an experience in which they know "...man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4).

We must no longer live according to the limitatiions of our minds but our lives must be directed by the very words which proceed from the mouth of God. We must develope such spiritual sensitivity that we listen for God's voice and are ready to obey.

The key to our breakthrough and God's promised blessing in our lives is our faithfulness as we walk in a covenant relationship with Him, where we live in obedience and line up our lives with His Word.

There are many Christians who think they can live a half-hearted Christian life, follow after the carnal lusts of their flesh and still claim God's promises of blessing.

The truth is you will be unable to take hold of God's promise in faith unless you live in strong covenant relationship with Christ. Jesus said. "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7). Only when you abide in Christ and His Word remains in you, changing and renewing your mind, will you be able to ask whatever you will and it will be done! Only when you live in continual fellowship with Christ, through your faithfulness to Him, will you be able to receive the fulfillment of His blessings.

PROSPERITY, BLESSING and ABUNDANCE were part of God's covenant with Israel. However, the fulfillment of these promises was based upon one thing...keeping their covenant with God through their faithfulness and obedience to all His commandments...Moses told the children of Israel there would be no poor among them because God's blessings would be upon them if they would listen to God and faithfully obey the commandments God gave them...Deuteronomy 15:4-5...Save when there shall be no poor among you; for the Lord shall greatly bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it: (5) Only If thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all these commandments which I command thee this day.

I'm looking forward to a wonderful experience with you all in this study of God's precious Word!

I love you,
Verna
Acts 10:34 "Then Peter began to speak:"I now realize how true it is that God DOES NOT SHOW FAVORTISM(not yelling just capitalizing) but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. The entire body of Christ needs to get back to studying God's word and placing faith and trust for all things in Christ.

Old is old, new is new. In the new covenant, it is recorded that-"The law is not made for a righteous man(1tim1:9) also that grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (john1:17) Most preachers teach that if you don't tithe you are cursed. However, the apostle Paul taught-"All who rely on observing the law are under a curse." You see the difference? In this new covenant giving is an act of the freewill, not a requirement.(see2corinthians chapter 8- 9:15) Peter said God gave us everything we need for life and godliness(2peter1:3) Lord Jesus himself said paraprasing and shortening "do not worry, seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all those things he mentioned in Matthew 6 and more will be given to us he said "ask" in one scripture Matt7, he said abide then ask what you will in john 15.

Brothers and sisters we must better ourselves only to advance the kingdom of God and express to the nonunderstanding lost people that we care by sharing with them. In these last days the most important thing is not money and material possessions. If you read 2chronicles 7:14, God is behind this recession because the church has made him jealous by chasing what sinners chase. We don't obey the bibles instruction that the borrower is servant to the lender. Instead we make debt then let the false prophets dup you into supernatural debt cancellation mysticism.

"Lord help me" we say, but we do not walk in love towards God because love is patient. We do not gather money little by little as proverbs instructed, we do not give generously because our competition has left us broke. And why are you competing with church people and sinners anyway? No matter how you live, or how you give, prosperity comes to those who work hard, whose ideas are successful, who save, give out of sincere love for God and others, etc. Godliness is not a means of financial gain (see1timothy 6:3-11) in the new covenant. Boasting, bragging, competing are all satanic characteristics. Stop focusing on what you have and don't have, real soon it won't make a difference anyways.

You want to prosper? start by slowing down how much you give to those pimp preachers if your doing so, give more to rescue missions, save a certain amount and do not touch it, example $10 a week is $1560 in 3 years. Not a lot, but your getting somewhere. Pay as many of your debts off as possible, as early as possible. Get a second job, perhaps deliver pizzas, or newspapers, save half pay down debt with half. Do not think Rod Parsley, TD Jakes, praiseathon or anything else will bring prosperity. Giving helps, but noone on TBN or daystar has any special seat on the throne that any other believer does not also have. Do not be scared of these yelling, mean mugging, preachers. God loves you for you and will not show special treatment because of money.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:21 AM

Thumbs up Thank you ministers!

...this is a wonderful, thoughtful post...and I agree with everything you said!!

Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 AM

Smile Good Morning!

God's covenants are always fulfilled through obedience...

Deuteronomy 4:1 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgements, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you.

Deuteronomy 4:40 Thou shalt keep therefore His statutes, and His commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the Lord thy God giveth thee, for ever.

Deuteronomy 5:10 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me and keep My commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear Me, and keep all My commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity