Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So in other words you believe the statements . Why don't you nail your colors to the mast . I will tell you why because if you do you it's an admission you believe it to be true , and if you don't you have to accept the truth of universal reconciliation

Well please tell me what any person who believes in universal reconciliation as said to defame the nature and character of God.

Wow, that would take forever. Or, at least maybe an age. Or heck, maybe an eon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 11:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
From your previous post you were saying that Christianity was sending people away from God, which is not true, people are pushing people from God.

Yes, it has been said on here, but it's the people point blank. That has nothing to do with Christianity.
Yes it is does because we are called to be ambassadors of the Lord , and i am sorry but the church system believes in eternal torment and you cannot get around this fact.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Name one thing , you can even exaggarate it if you need to , but just name one thing

Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Yes, I would like to hear one thing too God bless.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:39 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Yes it is does because we are called to be ambassadors of the Lord , and i am sorry but the church system believes in eternal torment and you cannot get around this fact.
You are still confused on the two.

When the disciples were walking with God, the diciples were doing things that was not of God, but was it God or them, them.

When Jesus (God) was walking and a man (Bar- timeus ) on the side of the road heard that Jesus was coming he began to yell out to Him, the people were trying to shut the man up, not the system, not the church, but the disciples. They were trying to keep the man from coming to God.

When a prostitute came in to worship Jesus, they were murmuring and complaining, and wanted to send her out, that was the people, not God. He welcomed her.

When a prositute was brought at Jesus feet for stoning, that was the people, not God. He washed her of her sin.

Now there is a difference between what people do and what God does. If you can't see the difference in what I wrote, then you just choose to not understand.

Yes, I believe that there will be some that will be separated from God. For a person to better understand what is being said, they will have to study the hebrew, greek, and arameic language and the bible. NOt just a few words, but the entire bible.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
As to the OP's question, the biggest thing that grieved me was that the Spirit was quenched in exchange for programs, announcements, etc.

It was not uncommon for the Lord to be moving in our service with praise and worship covering the people, when the pastor would interrupt for the obligatory schedule of presentations and preplanned intineraries. I feel that the Lord should have free reign in His house and His people, all the time. Why would we desire a move of His spirit, only to shut Him out?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:44 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
It was a response to her posts.

Gandhi said"

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
How Gandhi in his great wisdom can exercise such idiocy is beyond me. So, for wiseness sake, let's hurl G out of the window

Besides, I'm thoroughly convinced now that many who call themselves Christians are sorely mistaken on their identities

This thead's an eye opener. I remember Ilene Wright opened a caustic thread which got closed in a jiff. She was probably right.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
You are still confused on the two.

When the disciples were walking with God, the diciples were doing things that was not of God, but was it God or them, them.

When Jesus (God) was walking and a man (Bar- timeus ) on the side of the road heard that Jesus was coming he began to yell out to Him, the people were trying to shut the man up, not the system, not the church, but the disciples. They were trying to keep the man from coming to God.

When a prostitute came in to worship Jesus, they were murmuring and complaining, and wanted to send her out, that was the people, not God. He welcomed her.

When a prositute was brought at Jesus feet for stoning, that was the people, not God. He washed her of her sin.

Now there is a difference between what people do and what God does. If you can't see the difference in what I wrote, then you just choose to not understand.

Yes, I believe that there will be some that will be separated from God. For a person to better understand what is being said, they will have to study the hebrew, greek, and arameic language and the bible. NOt just a few words, but the entire bible.
I think you are mis understanding what i am saying to... the prostitute , the woman caught in adultery , the homosexual were people who it was said God was a friend of , with which i say Amen Hallelujah.
What i am talking of which is prevailent within the christian church system is the false doctrine , the hypocrisy , its creeds and traditions, , its formulas , its shallowness , having a form of godliness and denying its power,the fact that individual churches are set up around a pastor ,robbing the believers with tithes,i could go on forever, the whole thing is corrupt.
The word says come from among it an be ye seperate

I

Old 06-27-2009, 11:55 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
That's funny, but I would like to see what you have to say about the matter!!

Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Name one thing , you can even exaggarate it if you need to , but just name one thing
I don't need to exaggerate it. You people place god-in-a-box, not unlike the ETers do. You make it sound like there are many ages, or many lives in which to come to Christ for redemption. There isn't, and this is confimed in the Word. One life, one chance, upon hearing the Good News of the Kingdom.

This is defamation to who and what God is, for you yourselves have not the foggiest idea, so you make Him out to what you desire Him to be. God just IS. The Great I AM. To try to place Him in this catagory, or that one, just puts Him in a box, looking at Him through rose colored glasses. He isn't that way. How do we know this? Because He doesn't change, EVER.

People cannot stand how He judged the world of old, and WIPED the populations out with a flood. But yet He spared the righteous Noah and his family. People cannot stand how the old caananites were wiped out, to make a way for the Israelites to have a land. People cannot stand or even try to comprehend ALOT about the Nature of the Great I AM, but still, He doesn't EVER change.

What makes you think this won't happen in the Spiritual realm, where HE RESIDES? What makes you think that there wil be chance upon chance to be reconciled, when that is not what His actions were concerning unrighteousness? To think this will be different, this time, or that time, which is what those websites proclaim, is a lie right out of the pit of the serpent himself.

"Come out of her, my people" is not a message for anyone but us, now. We must forsake the teachings of man, and have a direct relationship with the Father, else we fall. We must rely on the Spirit of Truth, to lead us, guide us, and never forsake us, lest we fall and keep falling. This is the dangers of the doctrines of man. Even Paul was weary about those following him that close. Even JESUS was weary about following HIM THAT CLOSE so as to puff Him up by calling Him good. He ALWAYS pointed back to the Father, ALWAYS. His WILL be done. The Father is who we are dealing with, for the Son has already done His Part. He is now waiting on us to come home, to Him, as a Bride prepared made ready. A virgin with a filled lamp. A servant that used his talents well. On, and on.

Those who do not heed His words? I pray that mercy be given them, but the life will be over in this body, and then judgement comes. Then sentencing. The sentencing is quite clear. Fire. Period. Is this a phase 2 of sort of a spiritual spanking? No, I would think not, because God doesn't change. EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity