Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
King David lived before the promised was fulfilled. Jesus came with deliverance through His shed blood; His ministry was about healing and delivering people. Through Jesus, people no longer have to be in the bondage of the devil; and, sin is bondage.

1 John 3
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
So according to you it would have been better for us if we had lived before the death of Jesus because back then God forgave sinners. But now he has given the power not to sin so the grace of Christ is really just a new super tool God provides the elect which causes them to be unable to sin while condemning the rest of the world at large.

Hypocrisy ... And you make the word of God(logos, Christ himself) to no affect. Moreover i say you make his Grace into condemnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 04:11 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So according to you it would have been better for us if we had lived before the death of Jesus because back then God forgave sinners. But now he has given the power not to sin so the grace of Christ is really just a new super tool God provides the elect which causes them to be unable to sin while condemning the rest of the world at large.

Hypocrisy ... And you make the word of God(logos, Christ himself) to no affect. Moreover i say you make his Grace into condemnation.
Friend - instead of getting mad and disputing the Word, why not yield to Jesus so He can purge you of all sin?

(Jeremiah 32:27) Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

We are instructed to preach the Word always; and, the Word declares that the soul that sinneth shall die.

2 Timothy 4
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Just thinking about sinning is sin.
This is more false teaching. Temptation and sin are two different things. The devil tempts us through our minds. He wants us to sin.

(John 5:14) Jesus said, "... Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. (James 1:12)

How can a person be recreated into God's holiness and still commit sin? That would make no sense at all.

(Ephesians 4:24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

(Colossians 3:9-10) ...seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

(Romans 6:22) But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Last edited by scgraham; 06-28-2009 at 04:25 PM..

Old 06-28-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Friend - instead of getting mad and disputing the Word, why not yield to Jesus so He can purge you of all sin?

(Jeremiah 32:27) Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

We are instructed to preach the Word always; and, the Word declares that the soul that sinneth shall die.

2 Timothy 4
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

I am not "mad" silly. I am merely pointing out the obvious holes in your doctrine. I find your views disturbing but i was raised believing the way you do i am used to it by now. It took a long time for me to realize the hypocrisy of these things ...

you cant even see that your eternal torture doctrine is a large part of the pagan fables itself.

I know that Jesus can and will purge me of all sin in due time. As of yet i am still corrupt in the very members of my flesh(romans 7) and wait on the hope of righteousness by faith(Galatians 5:5, 1Cr 15:54). As of this time it is my faith that is accounted unto me as righteousness not my works.

Romans 4:5
"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Old 06-28-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
This is more false teaching. Temptation and sin are two different things. The devil tempts us through our minds. He wants us to sin.

(John 5:14) Jesus said, "... Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. (James 1:12)

How can a person be recreated into God's holiness and still commit sin? That would make no sense at all.

(Ephesians 4:24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

(Colossians 3:9-10) ...seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

(Romans 6:22) But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Matthew 5
"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Did Jesus teach false doctrine?

Old 06-28-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Matthew 5
"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Did Jesus teach false doctrine?
Lust and desire are two different things. If a man did not desire a woman, no one would ever get married or have children.

If the only thing holding you back from having sex with a woman is opportunity, then you have committed adultery of the heart. It isn't the love for God that is doing the holding back in such a case.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Lust and desire are two different things. If a man did not desire a woman, no one would ever get married or have children.

If the only thing holding you back from having sex with a woman is opportunity, then you have committed adultery of the heart. It isn't the love for God that is doing the holding back in such a case.
You fail to understand what is said by Christ. A married man lusting after a strange woman in his heart .... Or a believer who holds a grudge and lusts for retribution out of Anger ... They have the sin in their heart even if they choose not to act on it.

So you never lie? You never feel lust for food or drink or woman or revenge or wealth or anything common to man? You haven't borne false witness or acted in spite or in jealousy? You have never lashed out at someone without proper cause doue to personal weakness at any given point? You have never talked behind someones back or preferred on man over another because of their cast, either in the church or in the world?

I dare say the worst sins are those of the heart which one is blind to due their own self-righteousness. Such is the manner of the sin of the pharisee ... Such is the leaven of the
pharisee.

1 John 1:8
"If we say that we have(Greek - echō : to be in possession of presently, to be in the condition of) no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 AM

(2 Timothy 2:19) ...Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity