Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:59 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times

Advertisements

THE WORLD’S MOST EVIL BELIEFS – IMHO
The Law of Circularity

The world’s most evil beliefs & the most important issue

The eternal torment theology of the Arminian Christian relies on so-called “free will” and luck.

The god that Arminian Christian eternal tormentors profess to love says to his fallen creatures
“Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

The eternal torment theology of the Calvinist Christian relies on God alone, not “free will” at all. It is summed up by the word TULIP: Total depravity, Unconditional election, Limited atonement, Irresistible grace, and the Perseverance of the elect.

The god that Calvinistic Christian eternal tormentors profess to love says to his fallen creatures
"I created most of you for the purpose of torturing you forever. However, I am going to choose a few of you undeserving ones to go to heaven where you will be happy forever." John Calvin said there will be infants a span long in hell because they were not among the elect. (A span is the distance between the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger.)

And then both the Arminian and Calvinistic eternal tormentors say that the feelings that they have for this god of theirs is “love.”

Without God’s sustaining power everyone would cease to exist. So if anyone were to suffer forever, our all-powerful God (Who is Love in essence, not just loving) would be fully 100% responsible for it. We would have to conclude that any definition of the manifestation of “love-in-essence” includes eternally sustaining people alive in an inescapable state of suffering.
The Law of Circularity

What a travesty; what a revolting definition of love it is that God, Who is love personified, would grant any creature a will so strong that they can choose themselves into an irreversible state of never ending suffering (Arminian) or deserve to suffer forever just by being born into the human race (Calvinist)!!

Thank God the Bible does not teach such insane ideas!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World
Absolute Assurance
Universal Salvation University

Anyone is welcome to believe anything they want to about what the Bible teaches.

I'm just so glad I learned about the following information.
It enabled me to recover from a twelve year nervous breakdown 1966-78.
I'm 70 now.
I, and many others with whom I have become acquainted, simply could not successfully emotionally cope with the idea that God would let anyone suffer forever. Here is the testimony of Charles Slagle who went insane for the same reasons that I did.
Copy and paste the following title into Google
ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST or click on
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/Absol...us-Christ.html or
Absolute Assurance

Eternal Torment Calvinism, Eternal Torment Arminianism, Annihilation, or Christian Biblical Universalism.
Which one of the four is the truth?

This debate nearly always ends with the words, "My Greek scholars are more reliable than your Greek scholars," and the result is a stalemate.

If readers think it glorifies God more to believe that He is going to let some of His creatures suffer forever or annihilate them, then they should keep believing that.

But if they think it glorifies God more to eventually meet everyone on the level of their greatest and deepest need, which is a change in their stubborn will, then I would like them to know that that is exactly what the Bible teaches that God is like.

THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE

The findings of Greek scholar Louis Abbott and the many other Greek scholars quoted in chapters three and twelve of his online book IMHO renders all other arguments irrelevant.

IMHO these findings effectively close the case on the arguments that eternal tormentors try so hard to uphold.
But of course one has to actually read them to see what I mean.

Just Google up AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS and enjoy, or click on
An Analytical Study of Words

• Eternal Death Annihilation
Eternal Death (Annihilation): One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory
• Bible Threatenings Explained
Bible Threatenings Explained
• Universal Salvation University
Universal Salvation University
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 07:09 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
I am just a Christian, that's it

Old 07-20-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Anyone is welcome to believe anything they want to about what the Bible teaches.

I'm 70 now.
I, and many others with whom I have become acquainted, simply could not successfully emotionally cope with the idea that God would let anyone suffer forever. Here is the testimony of Charles Slagle who went insane for the same reasons that I did.
Well is that not the crux of universalism? Pride always gets in between us and God, we judge God by our standards. We bring Him down to our level of understanding instead of us trying to cope with the idea that His ways and thoughts are higher than our warped, corrupt, fallen, feeble, finite, limited understanding.

Adam and Eve couldn't cope either.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:22 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Default SO MUCH SUFFERING is caused by this false doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well is that not the crux of universalism? Pride always gets in between us and God, we judge God by our standards. We bring Him down to our level of understanding instead of us coping with His ways and thoughts are higher than our warped, corrupt, fallen, feeble, finite, limited understanding.
My testimony contains information that, according to the many entries in my guest book, and the many positive emails in my email file folders, is helping many people. My guest book can be accessed towards the bottom of my front page at
Hope 4 You, Roger Tutt

My guest book only holds 150 messages. Then the oldest ones are automatically deleted to make room for the newest ones.

Also see the testimonies at
Visitor Comments and Testimonies
Also see
Fruit from the Teaching of Hell
Also see
consequences

SO MUCH SUFFERING is caused by the horrific false doctrine of endless suffering in hell, that it gives me great pleasure to guide people to the evidence that a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible teaches universal salvation, not endless suffering in hell, or even annihilation.
The Law of Circularity

We agree with fundamentalist Christians that we should not believe things that go against Biblical teaching. We don’t.
http://richardwaynegarganta.com/Unde...Part%20One.htm
100 Scriptural Proofs That Jesus Christ Will Save All Mankind
BIBLE PROOFS
What Aboout the Scriptures Stating Just A Few Will Be Saved?
Universalism is Not in the Bible ?

I'm 70, and I am acquainted with many people who are, or were in various stages of nervous breakdown over their inability to love a god who would let anyone suffer forever. Even though they have embraced Christ and His gospel, they are afraid of what God might do to them after they are raised from the dead for not being able to love Him. The information in my testimony has helped many of these people.

I myself suffered a twelve year nervous breakdown (1966-78) because of my inability to love an endless-hell god. I’m 70 now.

If any member or surfer on forums is suffering because they are unable to successfully emotionally cope with the idea that God is going to let any creature suffer forever, they can Google up the search engine at the top of the TENTMAKER front page. Just type in a key word or phrase from each argument or scripture passages and ten articles will appear that refute the eternal hell and annihilationist doctrines.
Then click to the next page and ten more articles will appear, and so on and so on for many pages.
Jesus saves all mankind, the truly Good News, Christian universalism--Ultimate Reconcilation--Doctrine of Inclusion--Restitution of all--Victorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, Gospel of the Bible

Last edited by rodgertutt; 07-20-2009 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 07-20-2009, 07:25 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Well is that not the crux of universalism? Pride always gets in between us and God, we judge God by our standards. We bring Him down to our level of understanding instead of us trying to cope with the idea that His ways and thoughts are higher than our warped, corrupt, fallen, feeble, finite, limited understanding.

Fundy, when you bring out the "God's ways are higher than our ways" line here, you are implying that it is better that God should torture someone for eternity rather than try to correct that person.

Does that sound like a higher way than man's way? Or is it only our "corrupt, fallen, feeble, finite, limited" understanding that cannot understand why it is better for God to torture someone for eternity rather than correct the person.

I will tell you, in my "corrupt, fallen, feeble, finite, limited" nature, to me it is obvious that it is a better "higher way" for God to correct an individual rather than torture that individual for all eternity.

But that's just me.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post

I'm 70 now.
You made an excellent point here. Please expound on this because from my perspective you do not believe nor understand the sovereignty of God? Does it really matter if you and I could cope with it that CHANGES NOTHING......The question still remains, is it true?

(Romans 9:20)
On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:35 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:

Untold inflictions are made from one human to another in a countless number of ways from name calling to the attempt to exterminate an entire sect of humanity. And with that knowledge God saving all mankind despite all of that and bringing them all to him is bringing God down to our level, not a chance.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Fundy, when you bring out the "God's ways are higher than our ways" line here, you are implying that it is better that God should torture someone for eternity rather than try to correct that person.

Does that sound like a higher way than man's way? Or is it only our "corrupt, fallen, feeble, finite, limited" understanding that cannot understand why it is better for God to torture someone for eternity rather than correct the person.

I will tell you, in my "corrupt, fallen, feeble, finite, limited" nature, to me it is obvious that it is a better "higher way" for God to correct an individual rather than torture that individual for all eternity.

But that's just me.
No....maybe hell is eternal, maybe not. I honestly really don't care because it is irrelevant. If hell is not eternal then blessed be His name, if there is no hell then blessed be His name and if hell is eternal then blessed be His name. I understand, respect and embrace the sovereignty of God. Things are good because God does it. I am the creation, I am clay, pottery, imperfect and dumb...who am I to question or even set standards for my creator. WHATEVER God decides is right and good REGARDLESS if I can cope with it or not.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
No....maybe hell is eternal, maybe not. I honestly really don't care because it is irrelevant. If hell is not eternal then blessed be His name, if there is no hell then blessed be His name and if hell is eternal then blessed be His name. I understand, respect and embrace the sovereignty of God. Things are good because God does it. I am the creation, I am clay, pottery, imperfect and dumb...who am I to question or even set standards for my creator. WHATEVER God decides is right and good REGARDLESS if I can cope with it or not.

Great, then blessed be his name

1Ti 2:3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Great, then blessed be his name

1Ti 2:3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Not so fast because Phazelwood, do you respect the sovereignty of God? If you found that hell IS eternal, that your loved ones would suffer eternal torment forever, loved ones who have had a rough go in this life and were just searching for a better way even though life dealt them so many cruel blows.

Would you still love and cherish that God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity