Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 03:25 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
The spiritual world is where a person is living in a rhythm of miracles...a freedom from the bondage of sin and death. In this spiritual world your thoughts (which involve your imagination, attitudes, and any preconceived ideas), circumstances, emotions, speech, hearing, and vision are all influenced , governed, or controlled by the Holy Spirit and faith that is based on the infallible, impregnable Word of God.
The part I bolded is very poetic!
My words rarely venture into flowery language, so I appreciate the ability of others to reach that plane.

A big AMEN to the rest!

Old 07-30-2009, 03:41 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,203 times
WHEW! I'm finally caught up with reading everyone's posts, so I'll and for now.
I'm heading to bed! (Maybe. )

You've each ministered to me through your thoughts!
I just thought you should know that your efforts haven't been in vain.

Have a GREAT and BEAUTIFUL and BLESSED day!
This is the day that the Lord hath made. Let us will rejoice and be glad in it!

Last edited by Blueberry; 07-30-2009 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: Correcting an error

Old 07-30-2009, 07:32 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
WOW! A complete and utter, WOW!

It's interesting to contemplate how the body of Christ would change if your suggestion were followed for all believers.

My daughter has never been baptized because we live in rural Alaska. She has only witnessed two baptisms in the twelve years we've lived in the Bush. Since she wasn't exposed to baptisms, I wasn't going to push the issue because I wanted her to fully understand what baptism means, plus I wanted her to be of an age and understanding that the baptism would truly reflect her commitment to Christ rather than it being viewed as a commandment and/or a reflection of my faith. Now that she's older and understands, she has expressed a desire (no pushing from me) to be baptized. Logistics, however, is somewhat of a problem. But, where there's a will, there's a way . . .

Your post has inspired me! The things you've brought up are very good points. I do think my daughter understands, but an in-depth reading is a very good idea. I think I'll let her start with your post!
I posted this from my heart by the guidance of the Holy Spirit and I hope all those reading this will pursue the ways of God more seriously. Glad to have assisted you and your daughter on your journey closer to Yeshua.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:42 AM

Chapter 8 points out to me that IF I, who God foreknew and chose before the foundation of the earth, do his will by the way of the Spirit within me, I am made righteous by God. And as I wait through my daily sufferings, the Holy Spirit within me prays in my behalf and Yeshua hearing those prays intercedes to the Father. And because the Father always listens to the Son, God hears my prays. Evne when I feel alone, I am never alone; when I feel ioslated from others, I am never seperated from him no matter what my circumstances may be.

I realize more than ever how blessed I am knowing and having Yeshua interceding at all times for me and all who believe in him. But it also makes me desire that all people have the same pleasure and benefit of having Jesus in their lives.

Last edited by eyewrist; 07-30-2009 at 08:32 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 08:04 AM

Default Roman Chpter 9

My conclusion and personal application of this chapter is:

God is the creator of all mankind, and everyone one of us. He has the right to do as he pleases and choose whomever he pleases for his purpose. And because of his loving grace, he has allowed every race, creed and nation access to become a child of Abraham and this my friends is ONLY through Faith in Yeshua...period.

Last edited by eyewrist; 07-30-2009 at 08:34 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 03:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Default Romans...Chapter 9...

Romans 9:6-7 ...For they are not all Israel; which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Issac shall thy seed be called.

Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Romans 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

Romans 9:15 For He saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.

Romans 9:17 For the Scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show My power in thee, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Romans 9:18 Therefore hath He mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will He hardeneth.

Romans 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?

Romans 9:22 What if God willing to show His wrath, and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Romans 9:23 And that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had afore prepared unto glory.

Romans9:25 As He saith also in Osee, I will call them My people, which were not My people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Romans 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not My people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Romans 9:27 Esias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 9:28 For He will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

The Lord is Sovereign.

We have to get out of this earth mentality about the "Church," and into the heavenly standpoint; to see what the Church really is, as God sees it and as Heaven sees it.
It used to be, the Church as a whole was one entity, everywhere, held together by spiritual ties...it was just one.
Today it has been divided up into the '-ists' and the '-ans' and the '-ians' and the 'ics' and the '-isms'...etc...etc...etc...an altogether wrong and false mentality has grown around the word 'church.'

Heaven ignores all that, and looks for members of Christ, born-again children of God, spiritual people, in their constitution by new birth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit...and wherever Heaven sees those...That is the Church, and we have to adjust to this mentality.

The Church is constituted by the Holy Spirit bringing through to new birth spiritually-made people.

Our only enquiry should be: "Do you belong to the Lord? are you born again? That is all. If someone says they are a so-and-so-ist, we must reply, 'That doesn't matter...leave that out. We belong to the Lord: let us be content with this.' Otherwise the Church has lost it's true identity, it's true nature, which was spiritual.

..."Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise and glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved..." (Ephesians 1:3-6).

I love you,
Verna.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Default Romans...Chapter 10...

ROMANS 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

HOW FAITH COMES
This Scripture states the clear and simple way that faith comes to us. We receive God's faith through His Word.
God's Word is two things: it is the written Word, and it is the living Word. We have God's FAITH when His LIVING WORD is living in us!
The living Word never changes, it is eternal. It always IS. As never before we need to understand that God's Word is eternal, that it does not have beginning of life and it has no ending. It is not just something people have written about God even under the influence of the Holy Spirit; it is God Himself.
God Himself has no beginning and no ending. You cannot separate God from His Word. God and His Word are one.
In the New Testament there are two Greek words which are translated into "word." While both of these expressions mean "word," each has its own specific distinct meaning. One of these Greek words is "logos." The other is the 'rhema."
The "logos" means that which goes beyond the spoken and the written word. The Greek lexicon tells that it gives a depth of meaning far beyond that which is written and that which is spoken...an extension and an expression of that which comes not from the lips and that which comes not from the pen, but that which comes from the mind.
It is in the mind where the concept of thought and the concept of intelligence begin. The word "logos" gives us the understanding of that which goes beyond the spoken or the written word. It is implied to us by the Holy Spirit that this is something which is self-existent. In other words, it has no begnning of days and it has no end of life. It is self-existent. It is an intelligence. It is a being that stands all by itself. The logos is that self-existent power we know to be the Word Himself, the living Word, Christ.
"Rhema" is a word from God which is an extension of the Logos for the Logos is not the spoken or the written word. Rhema is that spoken and that written Word that comes to us out of the suggestions of the mind of God. "Rhema" is derived from a verb and it means "action." It means "to speak" or "to speak a word."
Rhema comes from the very strength of the Logos Himself. As the Rhema is the spoken Word, this Logos is the expression of the mind of God. It is God Himself. it is in the mind and the expression of the Logos that the Word is formed that comes to us in the form of the Rhema. When we receive it, we are not receiving words of man but we are receiving thoughts of God.
There are many people who feel very weak, as if they have no faith at all. There is always a struggle inside their beings to believe God. I want to assure you that within the Rhema lies God's faith. You do not have to struggle any longer. You do not have to feel fear and concern any more. When the promise comes to you through God's Rhema - directly from God to you - you can know that faith is already there along with God's promise.
With the spoken Word not only comes the Word but comes the faith to believe it. We can take our believing power, the faith that comes with the promise and with the spoken Word, and we can put it as a key into the door. When we do, we unlock within the Word the power it has within itself to bring about the fulfillment of what it has promised. "...faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

Just be prepared to receive it!

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:13 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
The Lord is Sovereign.

We have to get out of this earth mentality about the "Church," and into the heavenly standpoint; to see what the Church really is, as God sees it and as Heaven sees it.
It used to be, the Church as a whole was one entity, everywhere, held together by spiritual ties...it was just one.
Today it has been divided up into the '-ists' and the '-ans' and the '-ians' and the 'ics' and the '-isms'...etc...etc...etc...an altogether wrong and false mentality has grown around the word 'church.'

Heaven ignores all that, and looks for members of Christ, born-again children of God, spiritual people, in their constitution by new birth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit...and wherever Heaven sees those...That is the Church, and we have to adjust to this mentality.

The Church is constituted by the Holy Spirit bringing through to new birth spiritually-made people.

Our only enquiry should be: "Do you belong to the Lord? are you born again? That is all. If someone says they are a so-and-so-ist, we must reply, 'That doesn't matter...leave that out. We belong to the Lord: let us be content with this.' Otherwise the Church has lost it's true identity, it's true nature, which was spiritual.

..."Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise and glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved..." (Ephesians 1:3-6).

I love you,
Verna.
Amen - I believe that He is changing us by renewing our carnal mind (as a man thinks in his heart, so is he - Prov 23:7)) and transforming this flesh by applying the cross. Our inner spirit man has communion with Him, and should be in charge of our lives - not the flesh.

Rom 9:29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

That seed is Christ, to which we need to see is residing in us - may He increase, and I decrease.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:32 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times
Default Chapter 8

We who struggle with sin and death on a daily basis, we who call upon the name of the Most High God, we who died with Christ and therefore are to be raised with Christ, have nothing to fear!

Yes, we must live within the Spirit. Yes, we must live as God commands us. If we do these things, He is faithful and just as concerns His children and we have nothing to fear. God is in conrol.

There will come a time when the whole of creation will be restored to reflect the power and glory of God. We who believe and live in the Spirit, along with the rest of creation, will be restored and will suffer no longer. Therefore, while we're waiting for that day, we have nothing to fear.

If God is for us, who can be against us?

PERSONAL APPLICATION: Fear not!!

Amen Blessings to all

Last edited by mams1559; 07-31-2009 at 04:49 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 04:48 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times
Default Chapter 9

I will say there is a bitter pill to be swallowed in this chapter. I've read and re-read but there's no way around it. It's hard to accept, but it is God's will.
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” 20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

God is sovereign and I must accept that. I may not completely understand what is being expressed here. I have my ideas and my thoughts, but I could be wrong. All I can do is leave it in God's hands.
30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith; 31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.[n] 32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law.[o] For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. 33 As it is written:

“ Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

Jesus is my rock. We've all heard that phrase and here, I suppose, is where it comes from. Jesus is the rock and foundation for righteousness for those who believe and accept and follow. Jesus is the stumbling block (or rock) for those who can't seem to get over him... for those who seem to want to obtain salvation through the law.

PERSONAL APPLICATION: God is my rock, is my truth. Though things happen I cannot or will never understand until I'm called home, God is sovereign and I must understand His will be done, not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity