Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:53 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,702 times

Advertisements

Sin served a good purpose for God
eph 2:

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

But God, who is rich in mercy..for how else would man come to know of this glorious attribute, Gods rich mercy, if he would not become a sinner, a transgressor ?

Some teach [falsely] that Gods first preference was that God would have adam not to have sinned, hence they are saying that God would rather not had showed His Mercy to sinners, yes His Rich Mercy.. How could have this rich mercy been manifested without a transgressor ? How was He to make known as paul writes His distinguishing Mercy rom 9:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

How was He to make known the Riches of His Glory[nothing more important] on the vessels of mercy ?

That is to say, His Heritage as in micah 7:

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

His heritage..what is that ?

This is the hebrew word:
nachalah which means:
possession, property, inheritance, heritage

His inheritance, property..possession..hence the word is used in these varibles here:
ps 2:
8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

numbers 26:

56According to the lot shall the possession thereof be divided between many and few.

So its too a special people, a people close and dear to Gods heart that he determined to show mercy too, through their transgressions against Him..

This is said elsewhere to be mercy from everlasting to everlasting, the objects thereof ps 103:

17But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Now, how can it be from everlasting ? and its to them that fear him ? Were their people who feared Him from everlasting ? Yes, those chosen in their Head, the Lord Jesus christ..did he fear God ?

in describing Christ isa 11:

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Those who are recipients of the new Covenant blessings in the blood of Jesus christ are made partakers of the Fear of the Lord,

Jer 32:

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Hence, proof in the puddin, the blood of the everlasting covenant heb 13:
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

The blood of the everlasting covenant and the blood of the new covenant, are the same..

So, the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting, to them who are born again, regenerated..remeber paul said in titus 3:

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Those who deny that sin was purposed by God, and that it would have been Gods higher preference for adam not to have sinned, overthrow or attempt to any way, Gods eternal purpose in Jesus christ..and make Gods manifesting His rich mercy a secondary purpose..a back up plan..such as these, have not been taught of God..

Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM

221 posts, read 379,734 times
What Bible translation do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Sin served a good purpose for God
eph 2:

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

But God, who is rich in mercy..for how else would man come to know of this glorious attribute, Gods rich mercy, if he would not become a sinner, a transgressor ?

Some teach [falsely] that Gods first preference was that God would have adam not to have sinned, hence they are saying that God would rather not had showed His Mercy to sinners, yes His Rich Mercy.. How could have this rich mercy been manifested without a transgressor ? How was He to make known as paul writes His distinguishing Mercy rom 9:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

How was He to make known the Riches of His Glory[nothing more important] on the vessels of mercy ?

That is to say, His Heritage as in micah 7:

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

His heritage..what is that ?

This is the hebrew word:
nachalah which means:
possession, property, inheritance, heritage

His inheritance, property..possession..hence the word is used in these varibles here:
ps 2:
8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

numbers 26:

56According to the lot shall the possession thereof be divided between many and few.

So its too a special people, a people close and dear to Gods heart that he determined to show mercy too, through their transgressions against Him..

This is said elsewhere to be mercy from everlasting to everlasting, the objects thereof ps 103:

17But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Now, how can it be from everlasting ? and its to them that fear him ? Were their people who feared Him from everlasting ? Yes, those chosen in their Head, the Lord Jesus christ..did he fear God ?

in describing Christ isa 11:

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Those who are recipients of the new Covenant blessings in the blood of Jesus christ are made partakers of the Fear of the Lord,

Jer 32:

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Hence, proof in the puddin, the blood of the everlasting covenant heb 13:
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

The blood of the everlasting covenant and the blood of the new covenant, are the same..

So, the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting, to them who are born again, regenerated..remeber paul said in titus 3:

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Those who deny that sin was purposed by God, and that it would have been Gods higher preference for adam not to have sinned, overthrow or attempt to any way, Gods eternal purpose in Jesus christ..and make Gods manifesting His rich mercy a secondary purpose..a back up plan..such as these, have not been taught of God..

Old 06-30-2009, 07:50 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Creepy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 AM

Sin served in Gods eternal redemtive purpose for Adam and The seed in Him, because prior to His Fall, He could not worship God through Jesus Christ for His Saving merits, had he not fell and sinned, his worship of God would have been purely as His creature and upon the grounds of works, obedience to Law..

its worship through Jesus christ that always Had priority with God..

1 pet 4:

If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:09 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
So what you are stating here Beloved is that we would never have known God's true love and mercy if sinned had not entered the world.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
So what you are stating here Beloved is that we would never have known God's true love and mercy if sinned had not entered the world.
its pretty self explanatory what i have said..

Old 08-11-2009, 10:33 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
its pretty self explanatory what i have said..
Beloved I asked you a simple statement and all I get from you is an arrogant answer,is this the way all calvinistic believers are because this does not surely display the love of Christ but one of arrogance. I will grant you have a lot of knowledge,knowledge of what I don't know,but too much knowledge is plain arrogance,where is the love,step down off your high-horse and come down to Earth,because you are making a mockery about what Christianity is all about.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Beloved I asked you a simple statement
And I gave you an answer, either you accept it or you dont..

Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
This is absurdity. God detests sin; and He never intended for Adam & Eve to sin, nor did He look into their future to know that they would.

The soul that continues to commit sin will die.

Galatians 5
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
This is absurdity. God detests sin; and He never intended for Adam & Eve to sin
Yes He did..to bring Glory to Jesus christ the blessed Saviour..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity