Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
atheist? or people with beliefs other than Christian??
you can't go to hell by being ignorant to the fact that there is one

if someone who is an aethiest does something that he knows to be wrong he can go to hell it doesn't matter whether he believes or not
it the same asked the other way
Do you believe in God??? YES!! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN HIM???? OR SEEN A MIRACLE THAT ONLY HE COULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR???

here is another for instance

a baby 2 weeks old dies does he go to heaven? he hasn't earned the right by God's laws. does he go to hell?-- he hasn't earned that right either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 09:29 PM

211 posts, read 985,449 times
Anyone who doesnt believe in the lord and savior Jesus Christ will burn and suffer in hell

Old 05-02-2007, 09:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
This thread is divisive and will tear you apart. It will pit believers against the non-believers. It can also pit believers against believers. I believe this topic will only lead down one path. IMO there is not benefit to this discussion because it's quite evident from all the other threads what Christians believe.
And sadly, christian against christian

Old 05-03-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needaplace View Post
Anyone who doesnt believe in the lord and savior Jesus Christ will burn and suffer in hell
no It doesn't say that ......it says that those who do not believe in Him will not join Him in the kingdom of Heaven

there is a difference
there are more areas besides Heaven and hell

besides whether they know it or not... every person who is on or has been on or will be on this earth chose Jesus' path over Satan's "the battle of Jesus and Satan" Jesus won so only those who chose His path are allowed to come to earth and get a body

PS I know this is anal but the next time you put the Lord's name on paper.... Capitalize it he deserves more, but that's a start

Old 05-03-2007, 05:54 AM

646 posts, read 1,610,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
PS I know this is anal but the next time you put the Lord's name on paper.... Capitalize it he deserves more, but that's a start
Nitpicky here. The word god is a description of type, such a human, or dog, or mug. It is not a proper name, and therefore should not be capitalized. Pronouns, such as him, are also not proper nouns, and should not be capitalized.

Jesus Christ is a name, and should be capitalized, in the same manner that George Washington or Santa Claus are names, and should also be capitalized.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:17 AM

if you say my dad you don't cap but when you sat "Dad" you do

Old 05-03-2007, 07:09 AM

111 posts, read 263,467 times
Default OY Vey...

This thread is getting a little too...tense for me.

Some, or rather, a lot of the doctrine is off here, and I read about that THIS MORNING...in Matthew chapter...15, I think. Jesus said that the Pharisees were wrong because they were teaching what THEY THOUGHT on the same level as doctrine.

There are TWO eternal destinations. Heaven and Hell. Luke 16.

Make an effort and capitalize "God" when referring to Jehovah.

There is an age of accountability for babies and developmentally disabled. II Samuel 12:23.

Anyways, like I said...I'm unsubscribing to this one...it's wandered pretty far off topic and gone into a bit of an insult-fest...picking out each others' small errors and things, and not worrying about doctrine taught in the Bible.

Do this and be safe: Whenever we have an idea that may or may not be correct about spiritual things, we must run it through the filter of scripture first to see if it holds up.

I've already stated the definitive answer to the question that was posted here originally. So I'm not going to ruin the little festival of brainstorming that's going on here.

Not angry or even condescending...just concerned, that's all. Please be careful not to confuse anybody with your opinions...or you may end up standing nose-to-nose with God, wondering just why you said those things. You see, God will be angry because you may very well have contributed to someone not accepting Him without knowing it.

Just be careful, ok?

Thanks for reading, friend.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:12 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
To add a little more FYI, personally, from what the Bible teaches, I also believe that the Jews will ALSO inherit God's Kingdom...even though they do not believe that Jesus was the true Messiah. It is written that the Jews are also God's people and that anyone that messes with them will suffer.
That is totally unscriptural given the New Covenant has abolished the Old.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:26 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
Christians don't decide who goes to hell. Some of them aren't aware of that yet, though.

I'm a Christian but I do know that the Lord is the judge and I'm glad. I wouldn't want the responsibility......

Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needaplace View Post
How idiotic to say that anyone will burn and suffer then end the sentence with a smiley... like it is ok!

I would say those are murderous thoughts and against what the bible stands for!

I would say that if your God is a bigot... you can have him.

"A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one who regards or treats members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance."

"bigot." Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. 2009.
Merriam-Webster Online. 8 September 2009
<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot>

I wonder if anyone can give me a list of the things that will send me to hell... oh and I am a theist so belief in God is not an issue.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity