Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 06:21 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

It is necessary and desirable to have a proper understanding of Justification (as well as many other doctrines) in order to be able to understand our relationship with God, and to be both doctrinally and grace orientated.

To that end, I present this link which is correct and clear in its presentation of this basic doctrine. I hope it will be of help to those who read it.

Justification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 07:35 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
...Excellant explanation Mike. Thank you.

God Bless you. Verna.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It is necessary and desirable to have a proper understanding of Justification (as well as many other doctrines) in order to be able to understand our relationship with God, and to be both doctrinally and grace orientated.

To that end, I present this link which is correct and clear in its presentation of this basic doctrine. I hope it will be of help to those who read it.

Justification
The list of verses is incomplete leaving out any James verses and states verse after verse as one liners out of context. You just can't read the Bible that way.......if you're Catholic.

Peace.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
The list of verses is incomplete leaving out any James verses and states verse after verse as one liners out of context. You just can't read the Bible that way.......if you're Catholic.

Peace.
The book of James is about your works as justification before man because men can only see the results of your salvation by the life that you manifest. James is about your Christian life after you are saved.

Your justification before God is by faith. And a believer is justified by God because God imputed His very own righteousness to the person who has believed in Christ. As a result, God sees His righteousness in that believer and pronounces him justified. Justificaton is about what God has done for us through the work of Christ on the cross. It is not about what we try to do to impress God. God's perfect and absolute righteousness is not impressed with, and cannot have anything to do with man's relative human righteousness. God must reject our human good efforts which seek to impress Him.

The link provided is laid out in an easy to read format presenting the matters involved in justification so that it is clear to the reader. Whether the person reading it can accept the truth about what is being presented is another matter.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:16 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
In my opinion, you can't explain justification by just whats in the bible. Each religion or set of beliefs has their own definition. To say that only the bible is correct is misleading to those who really want to know the answer.
In my beliefs, justification is dealt by the individual paying the price for their own sins. No mediator is required. God has laws and His justice conforms with those laws. Our own guilt is punishment and is justified by the Laws of God.
Truth comes from within and not just by mere words. Words only give way to another conforming idea. True justification comes from the God within.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
In my opinion, you can't explain justification by just whats in the bible. Each religion or set of beliefs has their own definition. To say that only the bible is correct is misleading to those who really want to know the answer.
In my beliefs, justification is dealt by the individual paying the price for their own sins. No mediator is required. God has laws and His justice conforms with those laws. Our own guilt is punishment and is justified by the Laws of God.
Truth comes from within and not just by mere words. Words only give way to another conforming idea. True justification comes from the God within.
God is absolute and is absolute truth. He has revealed His truth though His written Word. The Bible is the mind of Christ, the thinking of our Lord set down in writing. It is our instruction manual for how we are to relate to God and execute the plan of God for our lives. In the dispensation in which we live, the Church Age, God communicates with us only through His written word. Doctrine must be taken from the Bible and transfered into our souls. It must be eaten and metabolised so that it is not merely gnosis (academic knowledge only), but rather, epignosis (understanding, knowledge fully understood.) This then is what God the Holy Spirit works with and uses to guide us in our spiritual life.

There is no orientation to reality apart from God's written revealed truth. (the Bible.) We are either walking in the truth of God's revealed written Word, or we are captive in Satan's Cosmic System.

Any belief held by man which is outside of, and contrary to the written Scriptures has as its point of origin, the very thinking of Satan himself who continues to seek to exalt himself and to discredit God. Religion was introduced into the world by Satan for the very purpose of blinding man to the truth of God's revelation. Religion says you can aquire salvaton apart from Christ. Religion and legalism promote human works as a means of impressing God. Some religions apparently don't even believe in eternal salvation. Or they promote the belief in reincarnation. Religion covers an entire spectrum of beliefs, all of which are from Satan and all of which are intended to cause confusion and the discrediting of God's plan of salvation in which He invites us to have a relationship with Him through Christ.

Only Christ was qualified and able to pay the penalty for our sins, and only He can mediate on our behalf. Apart from Christ there is no salvation. There is only eternal separation from God.

Walk in the truth of God's word, or be deceived by Satan's Cosmic System. Those are the options available to us.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-09-2009 at 07:53 AM..

Old 09-09-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
God is absolute and is absolute truth. He has revealed His truth though His written Word. The Bible is the mind of Christ, the thinking of our Lord set down in writing. It is our instruction manual for how we are to relate to God and execute the plan of God for our lives. In the dispensation in which we live, the Church Age, God communicates with us only through His written word. Doctrine must be taken from the Bible and transfered into our souls. It must be eaten and metabolised so that it is not merely gnosis (academic knowledge only), but rather, epignosis (understanding, knowledge fully understood.) This then is what God the Holy Spirit works with and uses to guide us in our spiritual life.

There is no orientation to reality apart from God's written revealed truth. (the Bible.) We are either walking in the truth of God's revealed written Word, or we are captive in Satan's Cosmic System.

Any belief held by man which is outside of, and contrary to the written Scriptures has as its point of origin, the very thinking of Satan himself who continues to seek to exalt himself and to discredit God. Religion was introduced into the world by Satan for the very purpose of blinding man to the truth of God's revelation. Religion says you can aquire salvaton apart from Christ. Religion and legalism promote human works as a means of impressing God. Some religions apparently don't even believe in eternal salvation. Or they promote the belief in reincarnation. Religion covers an entire spectrum of beliefs, all of which are from Satan and all of which are intended to cause confusion and the discrediting of God's plan of salvation in which He invites us to have a relationship with Him through Christ.

Only Christ was qualified and able to pay the penalty for our sins, and only He can mediate on our behalf. Apart from Christ there is no salvation. There is only eternal separation from God.

Walk in the truth of God's word, or be deceived by Satan's Cosmic System. Those are the options available to us.
So, what your saying is that only those who read and adhere to the bible are going to be with God? That's absurd! There are many paths to God and the bible is just one of them. It would seem that you believe everyone except the biblers are going to burn in hell for all eternity when, in fact, there are great masters in this world who have done more than Jesus and who have never read nor studied the bible. How do you explain that? They have been justified and are at one with God. They are in God's presence while being on earth, the same as Jesus was. We all can do that but if you keep your mind closed to that idea, you will never find the God within you. He isn't in a book. He's within you.

In my beliefs, Divine Love is God's justification. Not another human nor Son of God. Divine Love cleanses the soul and you find God within. Your book can't do that so it's just a mere book to read and study like a history book. It will do nothing for your soul. It can guide you if you take it in the right context but it cannot save you from sin. Divine Love does that without a book. It's God's justification.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:28 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:

Justification
Very possible. Read 1st John

Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
So, what your saying is that only those who read and adhere to the bible are going to be with God? That's absurd! There are many paths to God and the bible is just one of them. It would seem that you believe everyone except the biblers are going to burn in hell for all eternity when, in fact, there are great masters in this world who have done more than Jesus and who have never read nor studied the bible. How do you explain that? They have been justified and are at one with God. They are in God's presence while being on earth, the same as Jesus was. We all can do that but if you keep your mind closed to that idea, you will never find the God within you. He isn't in a book. He's within you.

In my beliefs, Divine Love is God's justification. Not another human nor Son of God. Divine Love cleanses the soul and you find God within. Your book can't do that so it's just a mere book to read and study like a history book. It will do nothing for your soul. It can guide you if you take it in the right context but it cannot save you from sin. Divine Love does that without a book. It's God's justification.
I am saying that only those who will accept God's free gift of salvation which is offered on the basis of the work of Jesus Christ on the Cross will be saved. There is only one path to God, and that is through Christ. As Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." (John 14:6) All other paths lead to the eternal lake of fire.

Christ alone was qualifed and able to go to the Cross and die in our place. For He alone was born into the world without sin and He alone lived a life free from any personal sin. Therefore, only Christ was able to pay the penalty for the debt of our sins. His work is infinitely beyond what any other member of the human race could ever do.

Everyone who dies without Christ is condemned to eternity in the lake of fire.

Justification is God's pronouncement of us when He sees His imputed righteousness in us as a result of believing in Christ.

We are not little gods. There is no spark of the divine in us. We do not and can not attain Godhood.

During this dispensation of the Church, all three members of the Trinity indwell the body of the believer with certain objectives in mind, but that is entirely different from what you mean by (finding God within.)

The issue is this:

Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved... (Acts 16:31).

"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begoten Son of God." (John 3:18).

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for the witness of God is this, that He has borne witness concernng His Son. The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the witness that God has borne concerning His Son. And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the
life. (1 John 5:9-12)

For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE." Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. (1 Corinthians 1:18-21)

The issue is clear. Eternity with God through Christ, or eternal separation from God because of rejection of Christ. Consider it well.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I am saying that only those who will accept God's free gift of salvation which is offered on the basis of the work of Jesus Christ on the Cross will be saved. There is only one path to God, and that is through Christ. As Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." (John 14:6) All other paths lead to the eternal lake of fire.

Christ alone was qualifed and able to go to the Cross and die in our place. For He alone was born into the world without sin and He alone lived a life free from any personal sin. Therefore, only Christ was able to pay the penalty for the debt of our sins. His work is infinitely beyond what any other member of the human race could ever do.

Everyone who dies without Christ is condemned to eternity in the lake of fire.

Justification is God's pronouncement of us when He sees His imputed righteousness in us as a result of believing in Christ.

We are not little gods. There is no spark of the divine in us. We do not and can not attain Godhood.

During this dispensation of the Church, all three members of the Trinity indwell the body of the believer with certain objectives in mind, but that is entirely different from what you mean by (finding God within.)

The issue is this:

Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved... (Acts 16:31).

"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begoten Son of God." (John 3:18).

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for the witness of God is this, that He has borne witness concernng His Son. The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the witness that God has borne concerning His Son. And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the
life. (1 John 5:9-12)

For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE." Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. (1 Corinthians 1:18-21)

The issue is clear. Eternity with God through Christ, or eternal separation from God because of rejection of Christ. Consider it well.
I'm really truely sorry that you feel that way. The life that Jesus led and what He taught is the true salvation. There are many people on earth today that live the same life as Jesus, free of sin and are in God. It is possible that all can come to be that way. Your bible does teach that. As Jesus said, "God is within". If you cannot find God within, you will never find God. Jesus' teachings are the way and not His death. Life is what Jesus taught. He admonished all laws concerning death and sacrifice. It's in your bible.

I cannot believe that there is only one path to God as many of the sages today have found and reported that all religions can lead to God if practiced in the right context. My religion teaches just one way as yours teaches just one way. I'm sorry to say that your beleifs can and will stagnate your spiritual growth. We are spiritual beings living in a material world. If we only concentrate on the material, we can never learn of God. When we concentrate on the spiritual alone, we come to know God intimately and become like Him instead of just an image.

I've heard so many biblers say all will go to hell except them. I know for a fact that my own father is not in hell and he did not believe in Jesus as the savior. He now believes the same way I do. His punishment in his own hell was for being an abuser of children and not that he didn't believe in Jesus as savior.
His sins were justified through Divine Love and not another person. It's a fact and not a faery tale to be dismissed as nothing. There are more ministers and biblers in darkness because of what has been taught than nonbelievers of the bible. It's a fact.
God doesn't work through others to have His laws work justly. He works by Himself through the sinner. Our own guilt is our punisher. God is within and when we don't look within, we lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity