Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:38 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,656,959 times

Advertisements

Starting today Im praying to God to help heal me from my materalistic ways. I've gotten to the point I expect things all the time. I can't fix this problem on my own, but I know with God on my side anything is possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
My experience of God was when I first received His love and I knew then, without any doubts, that God loved everyone.
I had just overcome a terrible relationship and I had been following the prodding in my soul to seek out God and His truths. I found the Foundation Church of Divine Truth. As I started reading the information on the web site, I kept getting those little "right on" tingles. I tried the Great Experiment of Divine Love and after some weeks, God bestowed His Love into my soul. This love is part of Him, His substance. This Love of God's has cleansed my soul from the past wrongs I did to others. I am safe in the arms of God for all eternity.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Starting today Im praying to God to help heal me from my materalistic ways. I've gotten to the point I expect things all the time. I can't fix this problem on my own, but I know with God on my side anything is possible.
If you keep seeking God, He will do what you are asking Him for!!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
My experience of God was when I first received His love and I knew then, without any doubts, that God loved everyone.
I had just overcome a terrible relationship and I had been following the prodding in my soul to seek out God and His truths. I found the Foundation Church of Divine Truth. As I started reading the information on the web site, I kept getting those little "right on" tingles. I tried the Great Experiment of Divine Love and after some weeks, God bestowed His Love into my soul. This love is part of Him, His substance. This Love of God's has cleansed my soul from the past wrongs I did to others. I am safe in the arms of God for all eternity.
Yes, God does love everyone, even when they do wrong!!

Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 PM

320 posts, read 449,361 times
Coming to know God through his word bonds the relationship that you have with him, it's intimate and personal between you and your creator. Since leaving maintstream christianity many years ago, I've since found where I stand with God.

He has delivered me from religion and especially from ETers doctrine. Before coming to know God, like everyone else I'd always become ill or come down with the flu, coughs or colds etc..... like most here med insurance is extremly expensive....which too this day I thank my father/God everyday that through jesus shed blood.. he has paid the price for my enriched healing that is bestold upon me everyday...

It has been my fourth year and I have not once been sick or had a need to visit my GP for anything to the point they send me letters to go in for a regular health check, my response is what on earth for, it's the sick who need to see a doctor. my God is good, I can even sit amoung people who are plagued with whatever illness they have and not be affected in anyway.

Oh and heres another secret ill share with you, there is healing in his word....Gods Word Is medicine, you take that everyday by praying scriptures...you'll be disease free, pain free, weakness free....others whom already live there lifes praying scriptures everyday faithfully will know exactally where I'm coming from....their's No better medicine or miracle, then the WORD of GOD..!

God bless!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:26 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,685 times
God delivered me from a nicotine addiction, in an instant.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:33 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
God has healed me from religion, from seeing people in a view tainted by the confusion and clutter of contradictory teaching and seeing them in the light of Christs love not my love or from the perspective of my own view.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:03 AM

11 posts, read 22,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Coming to know God through his word bonds the relationship that you have with him, it's intimate and personal between you and your creator. Since leaving maintstream christianity many years ago, I've since found where I stand with God.

He has delivered me from religion and especially from ETers doctrine. Before coming to know God, like everyone else I'd always become ill or come down with the flu, coughs or colds etc..... like most here med insurance is extremly expensive....which too this day I thank my father/God everyday that through jesus shed blood.. he has paid the price for my enriched healing that is bestold upon me everyday...

It has been my fourth year and I have not once been sick or had a need to visit my GP for anything to the point they send me letters to go in for a regular health check, my response is what on earth for, it's the sick who need to see a doctor. my God is good, I can even sit amoung people who are plagued with whatever illness they have and not be affected in anyway.

Oh and heres another secret ill share with you, there is healing in his word....Gods Word Is medicine, you take that everyday by praying scriptures...you'll be disease free, pain free, weakness free....others whom already live there lifes praying scriptures everyday faithfully will know exactally where I'm coming from....their's No better medicine or miracle, then the WORD of GOD..!

God bless!
what does it mean to pray scriputers

Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel06 View Post
Basically, you are just praying God's Word back to Him.

Example: Lets just say that your enemy's are out to get you and you feel surrounded and things look hopeless. You can simply pray back to God what He already said in His word. That No weapon formed against you shall prosper.

Or maybe the enemy is throwing your past back up into your face. Well, in God's Word, it says that God forgives our sins, so, you can simply tell the devil that you are forgiving.

Or lets just say that you are sick and suffering from some type of sickness. YOu can pray God's Word over yourself, back to God.

I will pick one scripture : Jeremiah 30:17, you simply pray this over your body that you will be healed. That's it.

I don't really have the time to tell you the things that I learn from my church, but you might want to study, Apostolic Prayers. This is a very powerful prayer.

So, basically you can just take scripture and pray over your life, pray for family, healing, protection and things like that.

Here are some links that you better assist you:

Praying the Scriptures - A Powerful Way to Pray

Pray Scripture

Hope this helps

Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 PM

320 posts, read 449,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel06 View Post
Hi hazel06, I won't get too technical in explaining this to you if you're a non-believer, so, I'll try to enlighten you with understanding so it ain't complicated for you to grasp a hold on..!!

Let's look at "Positive Affirmation" we all know what that Is, right!....for example...Tiger Wood's champion golf player! speak's affirmation's over his life to do with golf...would say everyday or through out the day, something in these lines..."I am successful and prosperous in all my achievement's in life"

Speak those words over your life, consistently and you'll start seeing the results of positive affirmation...[Praying Scripture's] over your life, is much like that, when we consistently pray scripture's form the bible everyday those words transform our lives.

Word's are powerful to the one who speaks them, either to mean something positive or negative....example... if you're confessing or speaking everyday...[I'm so sick and tired] or [My life just sux's] wel..chances are..you'll be plagued with just that!

Praying Scriptures out loud is like picking up a book and reading it, much like reading stories to your kids...however in many cases, if you haven't memorized scriptures, then that's exactly what you'd need to do, read it till it's installed!

Small reminder, though...It's not instant coffee and it ain't a ready made. home cooked meal, just heat an eat in 5min .....No! ......in order for prayer or affirmation to take affect, it must be spoken/prayed every mornning day or night, before you start seeing results and or change.

Its the same as taking medication, it works better when, taken as directed by your pharmacy...after a few days you'll start feeling stronger and more confident...so yep even prayer or positive affirmation must be given time to work it's thing in your life...so, either the Word of God...or positive affirmation..which ever you speak will have a positive return!

Take care God bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity