Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times

Advertisements

I think open adoption would be a good option for these mothers and babies. There is a show on TV about open adoptions; I think it's wonderful (open adoption, that is.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,550 times
I was placed in an orphanage at birth . . . even before I was a believer, my thought was that abortion was killing . . .

analogy . . . if you plan a seed and it starts growing . . . it is alive, or it would not grow . . . .

I think we are all given spiritual gifts, and if your's is to help or make a difference in this matter, you should forge ahead, as it is clear, God is moving you down this path. I think it's wonderful, and especially that I was told that by my birth mother that she was ready for an abortion, until someone out of the blue stepped in and spoke to her . . . I am now here to write this post today, God is good, all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:58 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Christy, this is past abortion. These young women I met are those who decided to keep the child and are struggling to support it, some are still unemployed. The decision was influenced by a "support life" christian group which counsels young women into not going for abortion. So they go ahead and have the child and are now struggling with it. The same "support life" group does help to support these women but it apparently does not have enough dough. Because of the economy, the donations have dried out and people are reordering priorities on where to put money in.

But the same people donate thousands to buy organ in the church. I remember a church I used to go to in NC, the parishioners donated nearly 100,000 dollars in a month, to buy the super duper organ and fix the church's A/C system, among other things

Miss Blue, I do believe I did these tours for a reason too. Now they have been messing with my head since the last 2 weeks.

Miss Shawn, have mercy on Tony I am not sure if I can wait for the "audible voice" of the Father to go do stuff. I'm no Samuel Now, I did make my attempts to find God's voice, inspired by your voice thread.

I drove to the Rockies this one weekend and I went up one of the scarier mountains and it was getting scarier as I went higher. So I started screaming, "Lord, can you hear me?" and all kinds of stuff. Now, two mountain climbing girls come out of nowhere and ask me who is the one screaming.

I asked them if there is a burning bush nearby and they looked at me like I was mad. They joined me and after a while I asked them if we should remove our shoes. That's when one of them paused and asked, "are you okay?"
You don't have to wait for the aubible voice of God, He might never speak to you in that way. If you have the Holy Spirit then He is the one that will prompt you to do the work.

When I help people as I was talking about in the other post, the Holy Spirit is the one that spoke to me, in my spirit, not an aubible voice.

It seems you are confused of me hearing an aubible voice at one time of my life and How I actually hear God in my life. God gave me the opportunity to hear an aubible voice, but I mostly hear Him my my spirit by the Holy Spirit.

If you asked me that to, I would think that you were crazy or mad.

Quote:
Now, I did make my attempts to find God's voice, inspired by your voice thread.
Now that is the problem. I gave people an experience that I had, I never said that God would then turn around and do the same for you or others. God speaks to us in many different ways, and God will speak to you how He sees fit. I don't walk around all the time looking for an aubible voice, because I have the Holy Spirit. That was only during a season of my life.

You should never seek to have an experince just like someone else. You should just ask God to speak to you in a way that you can understand Him. That is what I do everyday.

God does have a voice, you just have to hear the Holy Spirit. That simple. If you are having a problem with hearing the Holy Spirit, as I did one time of my Life, then spend time with God to learn His voice.

God can speak in many different ways, an aubible voice, Holy Spirit, dreams, visions, circumstances, His Word, and others. Don't look at one way that God can speak or a way that someone else experieced God and then try to have that experiece that they had. God may want to speak to you in a greater way. So, don't limit Him.

I read of others who have died and literally went to heaven, for God to then bring them back to give the message. I don't say God let me die so I can see heaven, NOO, that would be foolish. I simply say Lord, I want t know you better, so communicate with me so I can know who you are. That is all that I do. I never ask to have the same experience as someone else.

So, when I started my thread about hearing an aubible voice, this was mainly to share with people who had the same experience as I did. That is not a thread to direct you on how to hear God aubibly. That was my experience, and not a guide to hear God that way. Only God can say if you will ever hear Him that way, that is not my place to teach that, because it can't be taught.

God will speak to you the way that He sees fit for you to hear Him, it is your job to find out how you are hearing God and seek to understand and know Him better the way He is speaking to you.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-20-2009 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-25-2009, 07:00 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Today, the priest sent out the tithing envelope to the packed 1000 something mass crowd.

Plenty pledged. They had two options - 5% or 10% of yearly salary.

I was laughing and the proximal crowd thought I was an arrogant non-conformist. But the whole time I was thinking of the women I met.

That's plenty of tithing money going for this church. I'm not against it. Frankly, I have donated a lot to the church too, all these years. But this money will be better used for those women, and not for better parking lot services
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity