Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 03:11 PM

45 posts, read 25,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodPearse View Post
"tongues" are for those who go around spreading Good News. It only happens when to go to countries or place where they can't speak their language, then Holy Spirit or authorized by God to get one of His angels to take over their tongue, if not the whole body, and speak while the person doesn't know what words they just spoke said. They will know that it come from Holy Spirit (if was the first time, God will give them wisdom and understanding to understand what just happen) or so and only if God see that it is worth of time to get lost sheeps listen about Good News so they will be saved. It only happens as expect the unexpected. No need to have any training at all.

I said, '"tongues" are for those who go around spreading Good News.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Could you please share with us any Bible passage that you feel supports this idea?
Verse of Luke 1:19 tell us that God send one of His Children (angels of God) to spread good news. This happen in dream as one meaning of "tongues," but I was thinking other meaning when I typed "tongues" in my recent post I made applying to only, but not limited to, this verses of Luke 4:42-44 when Jesus was filled with Holy Spirit and he got full "tongues" (happen to have God's power) to speak God's words so he got the "tongues" to speak and taught his followers and crowd. Jesus authorized 12 apostles to have the power of "tongues" according to Matthew 10:19-20 about Father of God will take over their body and talk to officers of government when they don't know what or how to say to them. There are lot of verses, but I think this is enough to get the understand.

I said, "It only happens when to go to countries or place where they can't speak their language"

Quote:
Could you please share with us any Bible passage that you feel supports this idea?
Acts 2:1-5, Acts 10:44-45, Acts 19:6, 1 Corinthians 14:5, etc. However, "tougues" mention in bible have it own meaning to match what the story is about. So, I see many kind of "tougues" and it happen only for grow church (body as growing your seed into tree with God's word).

I said, "... or authorized by God to get one of His angels to take over their tounge" and you asked, "Could you please share with us any Bible passage that you feel supports this idea?"

I just showed some verses and that should be enough. There are lot of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 03:16 PM

331 posts, read 167,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Not exactly true. Of David; the Lord (G-d) said unto my Lord (Christ).....that's 2 right there. Peace
The LORD (Adonai) is always Yahweh God, my Lord is adoni (not Adonai) which is a human lord. It never refers to God!

Old 01-01-2017, 03:40 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
I'm not preaching against the KJV. I'm merely showing some of its obvious flaws, and I could do the same for other versions. I do, however find the two things I mentioned especially egregious. Particularly since these errors have existed since 1611 and have never been corrected. The thing I'm mostly against, however, is KJV onlyism which places a flawed translation (like other translations) at the level of absolute truth or at least as being superior to all other versions which it most certainly is not.
The KJV was printed in 1611. There is no second edition. That was when it was printed. There have been many thousands of re-prints.

King James has been dead for centuries. He is not getting up from his grave to authorize a second edition.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Not exactly true. Of David; the Lord (G-d) said unto my Lord (Christ).....that's 2 right there. Peace
Most commentators agree that the second 'Lord' here is the Messiah.

No mention of any two gods though, just God and his son, the Messiah [Christ], the King of all Righteousness [Melchizedek].

Old 01-01-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodPearse View Post
... I just showed some verses and that should be enough. There are lot of them.

None of those passages address your idea that:

"It only happens when to go to countries or place where they can't speak their language"

Old 01-01-2017, 07:58 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Most commentators agree that the second 'Lord' here is the Messiah.

No mention of any two gods though, just God and his son, the Messiah [Christ], the King of all Righteousness [Melchizedek].

What you said, is what I meant. Peace

Old 01-01-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
The LORD (Adonai) is always Yahweh God, my Lord is adoni (not Adonai) which is a human lord. It never refers to God!

Did you notice the last part ....it's the Lord G-d speaking to Christ the Lord. Peace

Old 01-01-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
The KJV was printed in 1611. There is no second edition. That was when it was printed. There have been many thousands of re-prints.

King James has been dead for centuries. He is not getting up from his grave to authorize a second edition.
Actually there have been four editions, but no true revisions to the KJV. The changes made in these editions were mostly just spelling corrections or updates from archaic to more modern spellings, or corrections of obvious misprints. The translations themselves, however, have been preserved in their original form since 1611. The NKJV is not really a revision of the KJV, but an entirely different translation.

However, although this may seem an advantage and a protection from corruption, if the original was already flawed and corrupted, then this only serves to protect against correction of those flaws. Translations are never without flaws, and as Biblical scholarship improves our understanding of the source texts it becomes necessary to update our translations. The problem in accomplishing this lies not in scholarship but in the biased opinions of those who control the path that translation efforts take. There has never been, nor will there ever be a perfect translation. The key to preserving the intent of the writers lies not in trying to preserve a single text, but in having multiple texts available with the best possible scholarship guiding translation efforts so that no single rendering becomes dominant and the truth is therefore preserved through this multiplicity of available texts. Scripture is after all not preserved in translations but in the original language manuscripts, and as long as these are preserved, the truth contained in scripture will not be lost. For the serious Bible student, however, it is a mistake to study from a single translation text, but best rather to refer to multiple texts guided by reference to the original language texts and quality study aids.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Did you notice the last part ....it's the Lord G-d speaking to Christ the Lord. Peace
The point is that Adoni is never a reference to God. The Messiah is Adoni, not Adonai. The Messiah is not God, but a man. The Messiah is Yahweh's human son.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
The point is that Adoni is never a reference to God. The Messiah is Adoni, not Adonai. The Messiah is not God, but a man. The Messiah is Yahweh's human son.

Well, some in Jesus's day had that confused too. That's why He pointed out to them He couldn't be David's son when David called Him Lord. Let that sink in for a moment. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity