Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:33 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times

Advertisements

Pagan traditions behind the treats.

Halloween: Invitation To The Occult? - 66/40 - K-House
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 07:21 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Christmas is also a very Pagan tradition which has long Pagan roots....but when I checked this very same website...they didn't seem to think that it was/is....why is that I wonder?

It's hypocritical to call one holiday pagan and not all of them Mike Moderator cut: correction to name you can't have it both ways.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-30-2009 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Mike would prefer you not call him "Mikey" I corrected it in this post

Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Maybe you should check your facts, christians used to celebrate All Hallows Eve which is what Halloween developed from.

Love the one eyed outlook on the world coming from you guys.

Better be careful about all those pagan fertility symbols at Christmas and at Easter as well.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Maybe you should check your facts, christians used to celebrate All Hallows Eve which is what Halloween developed from.

Love the one eyed outlook on the world coming from you guys.

Better be careful about all those pagan fertility symbols at Christmas and at Easter as well.
LOL....EXACTLY! ALL the holidays we celebrate have Pagan roots! To single out just one is nonsense..Moderator cut: off topic and please call him by his name MIKE

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-30-2009 at 10:28 AM..

Old 10-30-2009, 07:53 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Christmas is also a very Pagan tradition which has long Pagan roots....but when I checked this very same website...they didn't seem to think that it was/is....why is that I wonder?

It's hypocritical to call one holiday pagan and not all of them Mikey....you can't have it both ways.
Agree! Just as I don't attach a religious connotation to Christmas, I don't attach the occult to Halloween. Just a time to have some fun with family.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Agree! Just as I don't attach a religious connotation to Christmas, I don't attach the occult to Halloween. Just a time to have some fun with family.
Yes because when we attach Gods name to a pagan holiday....we do not honor God. Christmas is just a good time to share with family and friends...if kept in that perspective....I have no problem with it at all.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:30 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,579 times
There are likely 4 billion false gods in creation, and yet only 365 days for each to have their birthdays...
So chances are that on every day of the year some false faith is celebrating the birthday of some false god or another.

There are only so many things you can find at the store to bring home and eat, so chances are that no matter what you have for dinner tonight that someone at some other place and time, used to use that same food as a way of worshiping their false god.

Everything you wear, everything you say, everything you can point to, has about an equal chance of having been at one times, based on a false religion, or used by a false religion to worship with.

Pointing to Halloween as if it's totally different is silly.
Thinking that just because someone long ago worshiped a false god with the act of handing treats to kids and that somehow it still condemns the same act today?....is also silly.

Im sure shaking hands at some point in the past was connected to a false religion.
Im sure that brushing our teeth is also based on a pagan practice.
Im sure that many of our foods are grown by non-Christians
Im sure that most of my clothes are made by non-Christians.
Im sure that most of the steel in the car I drive was reused from other steel that came from countries that are mostly non-Christian
Im very sure most of the gas in my car's gas tank is from countries that are non-christian.

If a person thinks that even the slightest connection to the world's false religions will effect him, then he better just go walk naked into the wilderness and to eat berries for the rest of his life..

The world is not set up for people like that....and never was....

Old 10-30-2009, 08:48 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Here's an interesting page on Samhain (aka Halloween):

Halloween: The Pagan Festival of Samhain

I think most of us realize that it is not demonic, and that most of the other holidays that Christianity follows were taken from other religions. The old adage that "nothing is new" rings true here.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:00 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post

It's hypocritical to call one holiday pagan and not all of them Mikey....you can't have it both ways.
I don't celebrate Christmas or Easter either, because they are pagan. WhyModerator cut: very inappropriate would you make your assumptions that I do?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-30-2009 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: removed offensive word

Old 10-30-2009, 09:09 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,579 times
Turning on a light switch...

The moment you turn of a light switch you are in a very real way, starting a little fire inside that lightbulb.

Now as you may know, fire was used by pagans.......

Inside a car there is lots of iron....now from a little reading of Genesis I find that the first workers with metal were from the evil family line of Cain,,,thus the steel in my car is not Christian.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity