Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Do police officers stop at lights? Not if their siren is on. Same for speeding, or going nto Do Not Enter regions. Yet so long as they don't abuse us, this hypocrisy is allowed to stand.

God is allowed to punish evil, we aren't supposed to. Why? Because God has our backs.

Now let's talk about these "commands" shall we? The ten commandments are important because we are human. Do not murder, because as mortal beings with an immortal soul, we've destroyed something precious. God doesn't have a mortal body so this means nothing, same for honoring family, same for lust. The condition of being God is that these things mean nothing to God. They are laws for humans to follow, because they are human laws. God didn't "command" thise ten, despite the name. These are laws to suit the condition of humanity.

Jesus gave us new commands that sum up the old laws but are easier on us. But thinking God is like a cop who makes laws and doesn't follow misses the point. God didn't make these laws. Read between the lines. MOSES went up to the mountain, consulted with God, and came down with 10 laws. JEWISH PEOPLE wrote the laws of Lev and Deut. God wrote two laws, and they are the greatest commandments.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 07:27 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God doesn't know evil. He is Divine and the only way He can know evil is when we commit the act. He experiences through us.
THe only punishment that is meted out is the punishment you do to yourself when reconciling to Him. You feel the pain and torment as you struggle with your own misdeeds. God doesn't do it for you. It's the workings of your own soul that deal out the punishemnt.
God has Laws and when we don't abide by them, in Love, we reap the consequences. God will love us no matter what, however, He isn't the punishing God that people tend to believe in. He is Love, kindness, mercy, just, compassionate and above all Loving. You reap what you sow.
I would largely agree with you. There are spiritual laws set in place just as there are physical laws set in place and these laws take care of themselves to do what they will do. God need not lift a finger to smite anyone. There is a scripture that says, "Be sure your SIN will find you out." And it does. Some people do all they can to avoid facing the truth and don't deal with it, but I believe death is the great equalizer because when we are stripped of the body of flesh there will be no covering - all will be revealed in the light. This will be for many like being cast into a lake of fire and it will hurt. Who wants to be brought to shame? No one. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:31 AM

How can God possibly NOT know evil? If he doesn't HOW CAN HE JUDGE SIN? HOW CAN HE NOT KNOW THE WAYS WE ARE TEMPTED?

WE REAP WHAT GOD DECIDES WE OUGHT TO REAP...

Old 04-24-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post
Who said I don't realize that? Don't put words in my mouth. And divine wrath is the same thing as righteous indignation, which happens to be scriptural.
I would agree with you here. I believe there certainly is righteous indignation and I believe there is a hate that is right, as in hating evil. I believe God hates evil and is in the process of extricating it from the human race. Part of knowing God is to hate evil (not people bound by evil) but the thing that causes people to desire evil (whatever that pull is) it is opposed to God. I also believe that some people are confused about what is and is not evil. There seem to be a lot of disagreements about that. The best thing to do is worry about your own conscience and not try to judge everyone else.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How can God possibly NOT know evil? If he doesn't HOW CAN HE JUDGE SIN? HOW CAN HE NOT KNOW THE WAYS WE ARE TEMPTED?

Agree with you zhatzmanz -- God knows everything, or so I thought. God was opposed by evil simply by being who he is. Without opposition, infinite love and goodness, holiness that is, could not be made manifest. So this journey, painful as it may be, was completely necessary in order to make God manifest to the world. That's what it's all about. Let's keep our thinking caps on - it makes things so much easier to understand when we do!

Old 04-24-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Agree with you zhatzmanz -- God knows everything, or so I thought. God was opposed by evil simply by being who he is. Without opposition, infinite love and goodness, holiness that is, could not be made manifest. So this journey, painful as it may be, was completely necessary in order to make God manifest to the world. That's what it's all about. Let's keep our thinking caps on - it makes things so much easier to understand when we do!

Back during my "dark years" of thinkijng I did nothave to think, I was all consumed by pleasing God. Many of my friends were also in this sinking ship. Every decison was agaony, literally.

Then I thought about it, somethng we are all capable of, and realized there really is but ONE solution--

LET GO and LET GOD

I went from trying to justify / rationalize my actions and praying I was do what was pleasing to God, to doing what I believed to be good and right and letting God have the fnal decison, BELIEVING HE WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT AND JUST AND MERCIFUL...

After all, if we say we tust Him, why are we always trying to please Him? Our trust says volumes about our faith.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:

I disagree, we reap from what WE have sown. God is not dishing out the consequences of what we have sown.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I disagree, we reap from what WE have sown. God is not dishing out the consequences of what we have sown.
I disagree, I believeGod does dish out the consequences based on our intent...otherwise why would we ever do wrong intentionally?

Old 04-24-2015, 11:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
I disagree, I believeGod does dish out the consequences based on our intent...otherwise why would we ever do wrong intentionally?
So you believe you can plant one kind of seed and expect it grow into something other than what the seed is of?. If we sow to the flesh FROM the flesh(not God) we reap destruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity