Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:54 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Awesome Post......it's too bad some will never get it.
At least they will have something to think about in the spirit world when all they have believed will come crashing down upon them and they find that all those material beliefs were wrong. When they are forced to look within, my words will come to the front and they will soon follow the Law of Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Red face It can be re-explained as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And yet, Jesus quoted Scripture numerous times.
Jesus represented the Incarnate Word many times. People felt misunderstanding for the world around them as a changing situation different than anything we'd know of today.

But Jesus could be quoting from the Future; and modern day Jesus's exist too.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
To answer the OP....yes I did (when I was a believer) question what I believed against (what I thought was) the word of god. I believed what the church would say about god being a loving being. Then I actually read the bible at home and found otherwise.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:47 AM

145 posts, read 224,675 times
I question my religion as well as what is in the Bible. My religion opposes abortion at all cause, gay marriage. My religion requires confession (to a moral priest) which I am against. Are there people out there that believe the Bible 100% cover to cover? They don't question any of it? Who are these people? I would love to be one of them. I am a lousy Catholic but I am trying.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I typed a reply to a person's post in another thread. But then the Lord led me to start my own thread on this very topic.

Unfortunately, many people don't even question what they believe and why. They just go along with their religion's status quo. For me, I had to study bascially every major doctrine that was disagreed upon, even among christians, to see where my Baptist faith stood along the line of interpretation of Scripture. For me, the book Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem was a godsend simply because he took all of the major biblical topics and allowed the reader to investigate their beliefs...........
So in other words you exchanged one doctrine you were uncomfortable with for another doctrine you were comfortable with.

Genesis 3

The Fall of Man

Eve was not comfortable with this doctrine

"We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden

Eve was comfortable with this doctrine

4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The atoning sacrafice is living in the Divine as Jesus did. He sacraficed His material life in order to become one with God. That was His sacrafice. Not once did He deny who and what God was the way that people often do. He showed a God of Love and not barbarism that the OT portrays. If you love God and each other, you will give up on all the material things of this world. It's not mandatory, however, when walking with God, material things do not matter.
Jesus showed the way for the whole world and the whole world should learn from His own experience. His life is a guide to live in the way that He did. Make your own story the way that He did. Live in Love and make sacrafices the way He did. Be in the world without be of it.
When you walk in the light of God, that message will make more sense. His body was not the sacrafice, His life and the way He lived was. Death isn't the message, life is.

Now this I can agree with.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:25 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Jesus represented the Incarnate Word many times.
Jesus was the Word made flesh; the word's of the Bible are not the words of God; Jesus was the Word of God - BIG DIFFERENCE!

Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I typed a reply to a person's post in another thread. But then the Lord led me to start my own thread on this very topic.

Unfortunately, many people don't even question what they believe and why. They just go along with their religion's status quo. For me, I had to study bascially every major doctrine that was disagreed upon, even among christians, to see where my Baptist faith stood along the line of interpretation of Scripture...............
So in other words if we believe different from you then we are not fully grasping scripture and are just a mindless followers of religious tradition.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-02-2009 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity