Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times

Advertisements

Title: For the Bible tells me so.

Watch it (not for kids and it is sensitive) because it is DEEPLY interesting.

YouTube - The Bible told me so (1/9)

Part I

YouTube - The Bible told me so (2/9)

Part II

YouTube - The Bible told me so (3/9

Part III

YouTube - The Bible told me so (4/9)

Part IV

YouTube - The Bible told me so (5/9)

Part V

YouTube - The Bible told me so (6/9)

Pat VI

YouTube - The Bible told me so (7/9)

Part VII

YouTube - The Bible told me so (8/9)

Part VIII

YouTube - The Bible told me so (9/9)

Part IX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,492 times
Pie in the face! Booyah!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:05 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Wonderful to see this kind of post. Thanks. Long but well worth the time.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:16 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Very moving ....... Thanks

Old 02-25-2010, 06:12 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
The minister said he believes all loving relationships are honored by God.

Lev 20:13 As for a man who lies with a male as if going to bed with a woman,
they do an abhorrence. The two of them shall be put to death, yea death;
their bloodguilt will be on them.

God gives people over to homosexuality as a judgment because they do not
have Him in proper recognition (Romans 1:24 on).

It is against nature. The male is for the female for procreation. That is natural.

By the way, I don't reject anyone for their sexual leanings. God loves them and
so do I. But it is that same love for the person that God gives such a one over
to that lifestyle and they will be getting back in themselves the retribution of what must be . . . aids.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The minister said he believes all loving relationships are honored by God.

Lev 20:13 As for a man who lies with a male as if going to bed with a woman,
they do an abhorrence. The two of them shall be put to death, yea death;
their bloodguilt will be on them.

God gives people over to homosexuality as a judgment because they do not
have Him in proper recognition (Romans 1:24 on).

It is against nature. The male is for the female for procreation. That is natural.

By the way, I don't reject anyone for their sexual leanings. God loves them and
so do I. But it is that same love for the person that God gives such a one over
to that lifestyle and they will be getting back in themselves the retribution of what must be . . . aids.
YIKES I disagree.. read the whole thing:
Lev. 20 has all sorts of things you must be put to death for.

If you think that God is against homosexuality then you must also believe that God is against eating rabbit, pork, and not only that but if you have sex with a woman on her period then you both are cut off from your people... also adultery should result in death.. I mean these are instructions for a primitive culture.. I don't think we can apply any of these things to modern times and even though I disagree with this lifestyle.. I also disagree with an actor's lifestyle as that is not for me...

So we see that if you notice that sleeping with your sister is lumped together with sleeping with animals...

Oh and BTW AIDS is thought to originate from the eating of monkey brains and is spread by sexual intercourse and BIRTH therefore not ONLY homosexuals are susceptible to getting the virus.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:21 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
A lot of times I think about how the rejection of homosexuals and the humiliation and degradation, unacceptance, ridicule, violence against and the hatred and fear.... and the NON-LOVE that homosexuals have been subjected to... is what has caused a lot of unhealthy things in the homosexual community.

So in thinking on these terms, it's not the "homosexual" part that caused unhealthy things. It's the REJECTION, UNACCEPTANCE, HUMILIATION, NON-LOVE (all those things I listed above) coming from their FELLOW man.

If people in general had been LOVING in the first place... it seems reasonable to think things would be a lot different. When you are made to feel ashamed of WHO you are, and that you should HIDE that... there is a LOT of damage that starts to take place. Pretty soon, anger, resentment, rebellion, depression, self-destructive behaviors etc. can start to manifest. How damaging that is!!!!

So the ones not loving and being so compassionless and judgmental are the ones who are doing the damage here. To their fellow brothers and sisters. This non-love, and non-acceptance. oh sure... "I love them..." is an often-repeated phrase that becomes quite nauseating after awhile. Your words start to take on no meaning when your actions don't reflect your constant insistance that you "love them."

If two adults love each other... and respect each other and honor each other than how can there be something in that, that is inherently wrong?

Would people rather a man and woman who disrespect each other, call each other foul names, lie to each other, etc... would that be better than a loving, committed homosexual couple... just because the man and woman have different sex organs?

I'm pretty certain that God looks at the heart.
And I think that's what we should do also.
Look at the heart.

Well... just some thoughts..
I don't know a whole lot about this subject..
but this is just what my heart seems to feel on the matter.
Perhaps this is just one more way of God teaching us HOW to love.
How to see BEYOND the EXTERIOR and LOVE.
SEE BEYOND OUR DIFFERENCES AND LOVE.
Just like all of the different colors and races..
look at how many CAN'T love others because of their skin color!!
We ARE here to learn afterall.
It does make me wonder sometimes.
Who knows...?
peace.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,588 times
..for the record,God doesn't single out homosexuals..He says that ALL sex outside of marriage is a sin..and that marriage is between a man and woman only.
I didn't write it,I can only quote it:

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God." (I CORINTHIANS 6:9-11)

Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Sparrow, your post is powerful.

I honestly don't know what to think.

If it really is spiritually harmful to people who are in hs relationships, is it loving to say that it isn't?

But if we've all been wrong about how we're interpreting these Scriptures, then what we are doing by continuing to hold to these beliefs is at least as spiritually harmful to ourselves as well as to the gay community.

Regardless, even if we are correct in believing that the Bible does not condone hs relationships, when we see the kind of damage that is being done to people by the hate that has been fostered to a great degree by us, don't we have to acknowledge that our approach is horribly, shamefully wrong? Isn't it absolutely imperative that we repent and change?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sparrow, your post is powerful.

I honestly don't know what to think.

If it really is spiritually harmful to people who are in hs relationships, is it loving to say that it isn't?

But if we've all been wrong about how we're interpreting these Scriptures, then what we are doing by continuing to hold to these beliefs is at least as spiritually harmful to ourselves as well as to the gay community.

Regardless, even if we are correct in believing that the Bible does not condone hs relationships, when we see the kind of damage that is being done to people by the hate that has been fostered to a great degree by us, don't we have to acknowledge that our approach is horribly, shamefully wrong? Isn't it absolutely imperative that we repent and change?

Pleroo... I have all of those same thoughts. Everything you just said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity