Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:57 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Well, your "god" may not do anything but pleasure and party to hell, but the LORD God of the Word is in the business of saving souls, and even if that means He shakes up the wicked's comfort zone so much that they may repent.
If not, then they are fools who can do nothing for themselves, but who shake the fist at God when they are caught in the judgments of God upon sinners.

Luk 13:1,2 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luk 13:4,5 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Do you think that He does not cut down "trees" that bear no fruit for the Master in the His "vineyard"?
Are you really so sure of yourself YSM? Do you really enjoy gloating over the suffering of others because they don't necessarily believe as you do? If so, you are following a twisted path. You might want to hope for a forgiving god when it's your turn to face judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I do believe the scriptures and understand what it says. God wiped out an entire population of people because of their wickedness in the Old Testament, you must have missed that? So, it seems like you need to go back and read and understand what is being said. He gave a warning and it happened. Nothing more to be said.
In the story only Noah was is counted worthy to be warned of the flood and escape, right? That's how it reads to me, unless I'm missing something. The NT does say that Noah was a "declarer of righteousness" but the picture of Noah running around and warning people about a great flood (and them ignoring the warning instead of building boats) is not in the story.

The intention was to kill all humans except Noah and his family, right? If the rest were warned then some smart nephilum may have built some boats and survived - and we wouldn't want that now would we?

Old 03-08-2010, 06:49 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
In the story only Noah was is counted worthy to be warned of the flood and escape, right? That's how it reads to me, unless I'm missing something. The NT does say that Noah was a "declarer of righteousness" but the picture of Noah running around and warning people about a great flood (and them ignoring the warning instead of building boats) is not in the story.

The intention was to kill all humans except Noah and his family, right? If the rest were warned then some smart nephilum may have built some boats and survived - and we wouldn't want that now would we?
You are speaking from ignorance of what the Word does say.
The flood was told of by Enoch, hundreds of years before it was sent.

Noah preached righteousness and warned the sons of men for 120 years, with Methuselah. They were warned, and warned, and warned to repent, or else the flood would come.

Then, when Lamech died, Noah began the building of the ark; for 5 years he built it and preached righteousness.
The flood came and swept them all away, who had mocked and mocked and mocked.

The Genesis record, the record of 1 Enoch, and the Book of Jasher tell the story of the state of the world before the flood, and God's mercy in warning the world to repent.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Are you really so sure of yourself YSM? Do you really enjoy gloating over the suffering of others because they don't necessarily believe as you do? If so, you are following a twisted path. You might want to hope for a forgiving god when it's your turn to face judgement.
God is calling all men everywhere to repent. God is even commanding all men everywhere to repent, in this age of His longsuffering mercy; and the Church of Jesus Christ is commanded to warn men everywhere to repent, because the wrath of God is coming on the whole world.

Meantime: the wicked are turned into hell, and every nation that forgets God, says the Psalmist in Psalm 9, is turned into hell.

God sets up watchmen over the sons of Adam, who are to warn the wicked to repent.

Eze 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Eze 3:19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul
Eze 3:20 Again, When a righteous [man] doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Eze 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous [man], that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

Jesus command to the Church is to go into all the world and preach the Gospel:

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Paul's sermon to the pagans was:
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I think your California prediction is gonna be the worse of all. It's not enough that everyone (scientist, religious figures, etc) has been predicting the "Big One" since the early 1970s, but the fact that SEVERAL other people have been having dreams about the same thing happening, it's pretty scary. Your not the first one. There's this weird guy on Youtube that is telling everybody of this prophetic dream he had of a 9.0+ magnitude earthquake hitting California sometime this year. I am skeptical about the whole thing but you can't dismiss that fact that many people have had this same dream. Obviously somebody or something is trying to warn us of a great danger.

And there's this weird feeling I have been getting. It's not prophetic or a vision of any kind. I don't have that gift. It's more like a gut kind of feeling Hawaii is not through yet. I knew last week when they were doing live footage waiting for the Tsunami to come, that it wouldn't. After I stopped watching, I had a gut feeling like a huge tsunami would come but later on.

I've had numerous tsunami dreams in the past ten years or so, don't think it has anything to do with a god..the tsunami i'm worried about is the canary islands la palma landslide scenario. if such a disaster happens it will be down right scary the tsunami generated would be much bigger than the indonesia subduction zone quake in 2004, it would lay waste to the caribbean islands and the eastern seaboard coastal regions..but right now i feel that the northwests cascadia subduction zone mega quake is the next major 9.0 or higher it's been storing stress for 300 years.. on the other hand i feel the big island of hawaii with it's massive rift has a higher potential of slipping into the ocean than the la palma land slide.

HAWAII KILAUEA VOLCANO - INSTABILITY OF KILAUEA VOLCANO'S SOUTHERN FLANK - EVALUATION OF MASS EDIFICE FAILURES, FLANK COLLAPSES AND POTENTIAL TSUNAMI GENERATION - by Dr. George Pararas-Carayannis

Great Cascadia Earthquake Penrose Conference (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/pacnw/paleo/greateq/ - broken link)

Old 03-08-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
You are speaking from ignorance of what the Word does say.
The flood was told of by Enoch, hundreds of years before it was sent.
There's a REASON why the book of Enoch isn't in the Bible.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:03 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I predict that there will be several earthquakes between San Francisco and San Diego tomorrow (Sunday, March 7th.). Mark these words.
There were more than twenty on this day.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:

I don't see a need to really get into your explanation because there is nothing that you seem to be saying that is making any sense. God warns His people and sends His messengers, but people don't and some want listen. If they don't take the warning serious then they are the ones who are ignoring and not taking God serious. You can make yourself believe that story you placed in your head of how you read the OT warning that is your choice. I will take and believe that God said and believe that. You can do as you please, but don't really look for me to really waste much time with you debating about how you read something verses what is being said.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
There's a REASON why the book of Enoch isn't in the Bible.
Whose "collection of books" -bible are you proclaiming? Rome's of the fourth century? The Early Christian believers in Jesus used ENoch as Scripture, and called it such, just as Jesus did. And there is no reason it should be in Moses, as Moses came long after it and was written for all generations of the world who would come of Enoch. Enoch wrote of Moses and of the people of the Name through whom the Elect Son would come, but he wrote for all generations, and esp for this generation, as his opening chapter explains.

There is a reason the book of 1 Enoch was and is in the Bible/collection of books, of the DSS manuscripts, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and the early Christian Believers in Christ.

There is a reason Abram read from the book of Enoch to the Egyptians who returned Sarah from Pharaoh, who wanted to be taught "wisdom, values, and truth", as reported by Abram and discovered in the Dead Sea Scrolls manuscripts called "the Genesis Apocryphon".

There is a reason that the book of 1 Enoch was translated to English over two hundred years ago, for the west, having been got from Ethiopia where it is included in their canon[list] in their Bible[collection of books], as Sacred Writing [Scriture], and always has been, since before they converted from Judaism to Christ.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Whose "collection of books" -bible are you proclaiming? Rome's of the fourth century? The Early Christian believers in Jesus used ENoch as Scripture, and called it such, just as Jesus did. And there is no reason it should be in Moses, as Moses came long after it and was written for all generations of the world who would come of Enoch. Enoch wrote of Moses and of the people of the Name through whom the Elect Son would come, but he wrote for all generations, and esp for this generation, as his opening chapter explains.

There is a reason the book of 1 Enoch was and is in the Bible/collection of books, of the DSS manuscripts, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and the early Christian Believers in Christ.

There is a reason Abram read from the book of Enoch to the Egyptians who returned Sarah from Pharaoh, who wanted to be taught "wisdom, values, and truth", as reported by Abram and discovered in the Dead Sea Scrolls manuscripts called "the Genesis Apocryphon".

There is a reason that the book of 1 Enoch was translated to English over two hundred years ago, for the west, having been got from Ethiopia where it is included in their canon[list] in their Bible[collection of books], as Sacred Writing [Scriture], and always has been, since before they converted from Judaism to Christ.
I've read it and to me it's an obvious attempt by some ancient dude to fill in the gaps about false fallen angel theology. A great bit of fantasy fiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity