Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:25 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Catholic School Rejects Child Because Of Lesbian Parents - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

"Most of the protesters stood silently, across the street, holding signs. One read "God loves all people............"

Now the world is dictating to believers God's love in the name of tolerance, acceptance and A horrendous understanding of theology. Wasn't the purpose of creating private schools to separate from the worldly mess? Now the world wants to move in on our turf and dictate their lack of morality yet we Christians get demonized when we do it to the world? When we do it it's called bigoted, self righteous, judgmental but when the world does it is is called tolerance and acceptance.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 03-08-2010 at 07:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 07:33 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Of course they can admit who they want....they should. And people have the right to protest as well.

For consistency purposes, Next year's school application ought to read....
No admittance will be granted if one/both of your parents are a
homosexual
liar
gossip
fat
selfish
covetous
uses birth control

I'm sure there are more sins that they would want on the list but there's a start.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
I'm confused.. is the pre-schooler gay?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:51 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Catholic School Rejects Child Because Of Lesbian Parents - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

"Most of the protesters stood silently, across the street, holding signs. One read "God loves all people............"

Now the world is dictating to believers God's love in the name of tolerance, acceptance and A horrendous understanding of theology. Wasn't the purpose of creating private schools to separate from the worldly mess? Now the world wants to move in on our turf and dictate their lack of morality yet we Christians get demonized when we do it to the world? When we do it it's called bigoted, self righteous, judgmental but when the world does it is is called tolerance and acceptance.
First, I find it funny that "fundamentalists", who demonize the Catholic Church, come running when the Catholics side with them on gay hating and abortion.

Second, I have to wonder why this couple sent their child to a Catholic school in the first place, knowing what the Catholic church teaches. In a way, I agree with the priest who actually seemed concerned for the child and didn't want her hearing her parents demonized. As odd as that sounds. I've found that the majority of Catholics don't have any issue with gay people, but the church itself is a whole different issue.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
No, she has lesbian parents.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Yes you certainly are when it pertains to spiritual matters.

I'm glad your perception of my spiritual confusion can provide you with so much joy Fundy. Nonetheless I'm not quite sure what that has to do with my question.

Is the pre-schooler gay?

Old 03-08-2010, 08:01 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
First, I find it funny that "fundamentalists", who demonize the Catholic Church, come running when the Catholics side with them on gay hating and abortion.

Second, I have to wonder why this couple sent their child to a Catholic school in the first place, knowing what the Catholic church teaches. In a way, I agree with the priest who actually seemed concerned for the child and didn't want her hearing her parents demonized. As odd as that sounds. I've found that the majority of Catholics don't have any issue with gay people, but the church itself is a whole different issue.
I would hope that 'demonizing' homosexuals wouldn't be a part of any religious school curriculum, especially PRE-SCHOOL. But I'm not Catholic and don't really know....maybe they are having discussions about homosexuals in pre-school....???

As for differing views....unless parents are completely brainwashed into a way of thinking there are bound to be differences between what is taught at home and what is taught at school, be it a religious or public school. That's why parents are still teachers to their children, they help their kids bridge that gap.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
No, she has lesbian parents.
Thanks Denverian.

Interesting to me that a church or private school is limiting "membership" to children based on the perceived "sins" of the parents.

I've always been a proponent of a private religious school hiring who they want and admitting who they want. It is after all a private school. However, this is very interesting in that they are denying entrance (to a pre-schooler no less) because of the perceived sins of the parents.

Quite the slippery road..

Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Yeah, I was wondering myself. Didn't see where the parents wanted to be enrolled.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:20 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:

Churches should ensure themselves the right to speak against sect of the population by paying taxes, until then they are hypocrites by embracing a part of the world at their convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity