Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times

Advertisements

Attack on Nigerian town kills hundreds - CNN.com

"The death toll from weekend violence in central Nigeria climbed to more than 200 after members of a Muslim group attacked a mostly Christian town, officials said............."

Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Nigeria and all throughout the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
And now you know the rest of the story...

Nigerian Machete Massacre May Be Reprisal Attack : NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124449669&ft=1&f=1001 - broken link)

This is all very sad.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Muslim my sweet fanny!! I thought most Muslims were usually peacemakers. Not killers. Those people were devil worshippers plain and simple trying to attack children of God!! Evil will not prevail. I hope those people get what they deserve soon enough.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Muslim my sweet fanny!! I thought most Muslims were usually peacemakers. Not killers. Those people were devil worshippers plain and simple trying to attack children of God!! Evil will not prevail. I hope those people get what they deserve soon enough.
May I suggest reading the link in post #2 before you get all riled up? Besides, I'm sure there are Muslims in other countries expressing your very sentiments about the Christian thugs in Nigeria.

Thanks

Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
This is Africa, the incorrigible continent

Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
May I suggest reading the link in post #2 before you get all riled up? Besides, I'm sure there are Muslims in other countries expressing your very sentiments about the Christian thugs in Nigeria.

Thanks
Christian thugs? There's no such thing. You are not a Christian if you have are involed with thugs and gangsters and wanting to kill people. That is NOT a Christian. And I read the article thank you very much. And I am riled up and I AM angry. Christians are always getting attacked! This is the most hateful and demonic thing I've ever read! I know that there are wars and violence all the time. But this was an intentional killing of a predominantly Christian town!! Coincidental? I think NOT!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:14 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Coincidental? I think NOT!
Quite correct. It isn't coincidental as clearly stated by Sizzy Friddle in the 2nd post of this thread. To quote from the NPR article:

The violence in three mostly Christian villages Sunday appeared to be reprisal attacks following the January unrest in Jos — when most of the victims were Muslims, said Red Cross spokesman Robin Waubo. State officials did not comment on the cause of the latest attacks.

Key word being "reprisal"

re·pris·al   [ri-prahy-zuhl] Show IPA
–noun
(in warfare) retaliation against an enemy, for injuries received, by the infliction of equal or greater injuries

So they Muslims "retaliated" against the Christians for an attack back in January.. of which the Christians back in January were most likely retaliating from an earlier Muslim attack..

and back and forth we go.

The Christian Science Monitor stated back in January that 60 Christians and 200 Muslims were killed.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/terro...iolence-in-Jos

That makes the following have a bit more clarity:

The violence in three mostly Christian villages Sunday appeared to be reprisal attacks following the January unrest in Jos — when most of the victims were Muslims, said Red Cross spokesman Robin Waubo. State officials did not comment on the cause of the latest attacks.

Sizzy Friddle was kindly explaining that, and you completely missed this, there are two sides to the story and both sides in this effort are probably to blame for the ongoing violence.

So be mad... but at least understand it takes two to tango in this conflict..

or don't understand it.. either way..

Old 03-08-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Quite correct. It isn't coincidental as clearly stated by Sizzy Friddle in the 2nd post of this thread. To quote from the NPR article:

<B>

</B>

Key word being "reprisal"

re·pris·al   [ri-prahy-zuhl] Show IPA
–noun
(in warfare) retaliation against an enemy, for injuries received, by the infliction of equal or greater injuries

So they Muslims "retaliated" against the Christians for an attack back in January.. of which the Christians back in January were most likely retaliating from an earlier Muslim attack..

and back and forth we go.

The Christian Science Monitor stated back in January that 60 Christians and 200 Muslims were killed.

Nigeria sends army to control sectarian violence in Jos / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

That makes the following have a bit more clarity:

<B>

</B>

Sizzy Friddle was kindly explaining that, and you completely missed this, there are two sides to the story and both sides in this effort are probably to blame for the ongoing violence.

So be mad... but at least understand it takes two to tango in this conflict..

or don't understand it.. either way..
Ahh I see... I apologize for getting out of line like that. I get very much riled up and angry when I see articles like this. I feel it is a direct attack on Christianity. And I honestly don't know how else to react. I'm very young, I haven't got that much life experience to know to control these emotions when I see or read these kinds of violent acts on the innocent. I just....yeah.

Who's Sizzy Friddle? I wasn't talking to them or anybody else. I was responding to the OP's article and then your post.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Ahh I see... I apologize for getting out of line like that. And I apologize to Insaneindamembrane as well. I get very much riled up and angry when I see articles like this. I feel it is a direct attack on Christianity. And I honestly don't know how else to react. I'm very young, I haven't got that much life experience to know to control these emotions when I see or read these kinds of violent acts on the innocent. I just....yeah.
No need to apologize from my point of view.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Attack on Nigerian town kills hundreds - CNN.com

"The death toll from weekend violence in central Nigeria climbed to more than 200 after members of a Muslim group attacked a mostly Christian town, officials said............."

Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Nigeria and all throughout the world

That's right on, I agree. Let's pray for our brothers and sisters under persecution...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity