Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:27 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I see nothing wrong with what he is saying. He is talking about teh Holy Spirit not Jesus. His lingo is spot on.
Coming from a confessed antichrist, that's liable to be an indictment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 04:29 PM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorKevin View Post
I

By My Spirit

Who, or what, is the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is not an “it.” He is the third person of the trinity. He is equal to God because He is God.

Let’s begin at the beginning, with Genesis 1:2, which says: “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.”

In the beginning, the earth was void. It was not occupied. There was no life, of any kind, to be found anywhere on it, or in it. The sun wasn’t even formed, yet: “...and darkness was upon the face of the deep.”

But the Spirit of God was there. The Word says: “And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” Even before there was light from the sun, the Spirit of God was overshadowing it, preparing it to receive from God.

Genesis 6:3 “And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.”

Some believe that this statement is God limiting the age of a person to one-hundred-twenty years. I used to think this also. But, in the time of Noah, everyone, except Noah, was evil. God had a better plan for man. He gave mankind, of that time, an unmistakable warning. He gave them 120 years to repent; to make a 180 degree turn back to God. If mankind wouldn’t do it, He would remove His Spirit and destroy all life.

Noah did not strive (struggle, contend, or fight) with the Spirit. Noah was the only one who allowed, even sought, the Spirit’s guidance. Noah was a man who wanted to please God.

Nehemiah 9:20 “Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them…”

When Israel was journeying in the wilderness, God gave His Spirit to instruct the people in the way they should go - both physically and spiritually. His Spirit is till with us to teach us the way we should go, if we will sincerely - from the heart - ask Him to do so.

Job 26:4 “...and whose spirit came from thee?”

Job is carrying on a conversation with Bildad. Job is referring to the workings of the Spirit. The answer, to his question, could be that God’s Spirit comes through you (if you will let Him).

Is it your spirit trying manifest spiritual things in the physical? Or are you allowing the Holy Spirit to flow through you to manifest His power in the physical?

Psalm 51:12 “Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation: and uphold me with thy free spirit.”

God gives His Spirit freely to any one who has received Jesus as Savior, and will ask for Him. The Holy Spirit will encourage and support you in the ways of God, if you allow Him to.

Psalm 143:10 “Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.”

The Spirit of God leads me into the way of uprightness (or righteousness), because I not only allow Him to, but I also ask Him to. The Holy Spirit is good! Because the scriptures say so? In part, yes, but I also know through experience. He teaches me to do my God’s will. He teaches me through the Word and experience.

Isaiah 32:13-15 “Upon the land of my people shall come up thorns and briars; yea, upon all the houses of joy in the joyous city: because the palaces shall be forsaken; the multitude of the city shall be left; the forts and towers shall be for dens for ever, a joy of wild asses, a pasture of flocks; until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.”

Why is your wilderness not a fruitful field? Why don’t you have a forest of fruitful fields? Why are there people around you that scorn you and bring you down?

Although the “joyous city” referred to here is Jerusalem, that city could well be the one you live in as well. Why is your house of joy (church or home) not joyous, which is keeping you (all) from having a joyous city? Why do you forsake your palaces? Why are the multitudes of the city being left behind? Why is everything being left a wilderness?

Are you waiting for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is just waiting for you to ask Him to be poured upon you. One morning as we arrived at church, my wife asked the Holy Spirit to “consume” her. Guess what? He did!!!

It’s as if professing Christians have their umbrella’s open and over their heads, because someone said it was going to rain. But the rain that is coming is that of the Holy Spirit. He wants you to put away your umbrella and allow Him to continually be poured out upon you!

Isaiah 42:1 “Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgement to the Gentiles.”

Isaiah was writing about Jesus. But God is talking about you and I - if we will only allow the Spirit to work in and through us. Think of the possibilities that before God each of us thought would be impossible??? (Matthew 19:26)

Think about it. Are you a servant of God? Are you one of His elect? God’s soul delights in you when you do His will. He places His Spirit upon you - and I. He works through us to bring judgement (Jesus) to the Gentiles (the unsaved).

Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek…”

Meditate on this awhile and think of how many people you know that it can apply to… Just think on it and let the Lord minister to you through it.

Zechariah 4:6 “...not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, sayeth the Lord of hosts.”

No “man” has given me authority to teach these things. And nobody is forcing me to say these words. Do I teach my own feelings, as if I put it in a journal? No, not completely. I teach on subjects given to me by the Holy Spirit. The words you are hearing (reading) are a result of the meanings of scriptures as revealed to me, through many hours of study and meditation, by the Spirit of God.

Whatever I do, I hope to always do by the leading of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I fail, but with that failure I know my God is there to pick me up and encourage me to keep on going for Him.
AMEN! Great post. Yes the Holy Spirit is the third person in in Trinity, no doubt and your have given Scripture that prove that.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
your have given Scripture that prove that.
Where? Be the first in the universe.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:34 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I see nothing wrong with what he is saying. He is talking about teh Holy Spirit not Jesus. His lingo is spot on.
So... you believe a believer will experience the Day of Pentecost like in the movie: "Groundhog Day", over and over again by calling on the name of the Holy Spirit to come even though the faith declares that He is already within us?

How can anyone say they are keeping their eyes on Jesus in seeking His face when they are seeking after the Holy Spirit as if God has given them a stone instead of bread or a serpent instead of a fish?

Raed 1 Timothy 4:1-2 for the latter days warning and why no one can come to God except through the Son to stand apart from the world in how they seek after spirits and worship spirits... or else how can God call those in the wolrd out of the world if believers practise the same rudiments that the world does?

Go to Jesus Christ in prayer for discernment for this is the major reason believers will be left behind because they had broadened the way in approaching God the Father by going around the Son. Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 & John 10:1,7-9

Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN! Great post. Yes the Holy Spirit is the third person in in Trinity, no doubt and your have given Scripture that prove that.
Yes, the Holy Spirit is God but that is not all he was saying. Apostasy abounds in the OP.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Yes, the Holy Spirit is God
But he is not a person separate from the Father and the Son. God is one person. Any division into persons is polytheism, and permits demotion of Jesus, allowing millions to call themselves Christians while being utterly unregenerate.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
But he is not a person separate from the Father and the Son. God is one person. Any division into persons is polytheism, and permits demotion of Jesus, allowing millions to call themselves Christians while being utterly unregenerate.
If you are warring against the doctrine of the Trinity because of its origin from the RCC, then do so by the scriptures.

I do not prefer to use the term of the Trinity, but scriptures supports the Three Persons in One God. I may refer to the Godhead, but even then, explanation is in order.

Do try to remember that it was for this cause that Jesus was crucified for in declaring himself to be One with God the Father. Yet we have Him praying to the Father and we have the Son speaking of the Holy Spirit, using the reference of the pronoun "he" and "himself" in regards.

And we have this witness as well at Jesus' baptism.

Matthew 3:15And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mark 1: 9And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 1:31And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 18:16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

2 Corinthians 13:1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

All three of these gospels bears witness of three seperate represenation of God and yet they are one as Genesis testifies when God spoke for teh act of creation in the plural but when God perfromed the act of creation, it was in the singular.

Genesis 1: 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Jesus spoke of how the Father, the Holy Spirit, and He will make their abode with us.

John 14:23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. 25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Since Jesus will judge righteously, we know He will do so as God the righteous Judge.

1 Timothy 5:19Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

Hebrews 10:28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

1 John 5:4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 6This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. 10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

The problem I have with the doctrine of the Trinity is that believers lose sight of John 14:6-7 in how one is to approach God the Father and that is through the Son. It is because of this doctrine by the RCC that the Nicene creed has broadened the way in the worship place to include the Holy Spirit to be worshipped, circumventing the will of the Father in that the Father can only be honoured and glorified through the Son.

In the world, American Indians call for the Great Spirit as mediums seek after spirits and American Indians that seek after their animal spirit guide, and etc and etc where the rudiment is seeking after the spirit and worshipping the spirit.

That is why God made only one way to approach Him and that is through the Son: not through the Holy Spirit and the Son: just the Son so that those in the world can bear witness of the Son and not practise those rudiments in christianity so as to stand apart from the world: otherwise, the world will bring in their spirits and their doctrines of devils.

Jesus meant exactly what He has said.

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

By taking the route of the Holy Spirit instead of the Son, they are doing this:

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. .... 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door:

So I do believe in the Godhead, but I do stress that the name of the Trinity and the name of the Holy Spirit is not to be exalted for God the Father can only be honoured and glorified through the Son and that is why His name is above every other name and that is the name to call on.

John 5:22-23 John 13:31-32 John 17:1-5 Philippians 2:5-11

Colossians 2: 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

And yet the OP is preaching another spirit to receive as if one can receive the Holy Spirit again: that is not of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it is a departure from the faith for we are complete in Him, and what the OP is describing is after the rudiment already found in the world before Christ came. No one should be calling on the name of the Holy Spirit. No one. The Holy Spirit in believers would never lead anyone to dishonour the Son in that way.

"Anti-christ" as applied in the scriptures means "instead of Christ". If I may say it clearer still by His grace: "instead of the Son" as in he who denies the Son, denies also the Father, which is what they are doing, everytime they call for the Holy Spirit to come when He is in us as promised. No one can call for the Spirit if He is already within us. That is hypocrisey at best. But as it is, they may not be able to hear as they are following the crowd. Only God can deliver them now by remidning them of their first love: Jesus Christ... the Bridegroom...hopefully before He comes for the chaste bride lest they be left behind as the foolish virgins.

Still... the Lord knows those that are His and Jesus will finish what He has started... even in those left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
scriptures supports the Three Persons in One God.
Verse reference(s) for the actual word 'persons', please.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Verse reference(s) for the actual word 'persons', please.
How about asking Jesus for wisdom in reading that post again.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
How about asking Jesus for wisdom in reading that post again.
So there is no support for 'persons' directly.

Quote:
we have Him praying to the Father
who was himself in his supernal being. This principle is always to be applied in such situations.

'This is the one who came by water and blood — Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.' 1 Jn 5:6-9 NIV

So the evidence is that Trinitarianism is not only unjustified by Scripture, it is logically absurd, and demonstrably supported by pagans.

Last edited by shibata; 03-08-2010 at 07:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity