Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 05:20 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times

Advertisements

1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
3 And every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.
6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith.
5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God!

I love you,
Verna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 01:54 PM

63 posts, read 105,227 times
I see a lots of scripture but no teaching. I understand your meaning but what of the babes in Christ that visit this site for answers?

Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Missionary View Post
I see a lots of scripture but no teaching. I understand your meaning but what of the babes in Christ that visit this site for answers?
You ask.."...what of the babes in Christ that visit this sight for answers?"
Well, I believe that if a babe in Christ is here, he/she was lead here by Christ Himself...and by His Holy Spirit, He will plant, within them, the faith needed to understand...we are all babes in Christ really...ever searching for His truth...but faith comes from God alone...from above...we have no way of producing it ourselves...

Paul told the Ephesians: "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God" (Ephesians 6:16-17).
The faith to which Paul was referring in this verse was powerful enough to "...quench all the fiery darts of the wicked," and was not a passive faith based on doctrine. It was not a "dead" faith that failed to motivate the believer into action. It was not a faith that was the product of the natural mind. The shield of faith to which Paul referred was: a supernatural faith; a conquering faith; FAITH IN ACTION!!!
Many Christians are weak because they depend upon their own faith. The faith that makes us CONQUERING soldiers is the faith of Jesus Christ that is given to us by God. Man in his own limited ability, in his fallen human nature, is not capable of producing the faith necessary for his salvation. Faith is the gift of God that is planted in the hearts of those who acknowledge Christ as the Son of God AND SURRENDER THEIR WILLS TO HIM. "For by grace ye are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God" (Ephesians 2:8).
Faith is a supernatural force produced in the heart of man by hearing and receiving the written Word AND the Living Word, Jesus Christ, into his life. Jesus and the Word cannot be separated. Jesus IS THE WORD. When one "hears" and- RECEIVES - the Word into his spirit, he receives faith! "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).
The apostle Paul did not boast in his own faith. He said, "...the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20).
It is Christ's faith within us wherein we are able to stand strong and immovable in the face of trials and tribulations. It is Christ's faith within us that becomes a powerful shield, protecting us. It is Christ's faith within us that enables us to OVERCOME THE WORLD!!!
In the original Greek text, the verb is in the past tense. Our faith that is in Jesus Christ is the victory that HAS already overcome the world! The victory has already been won!
Before going to the cross, Jesus told His disciples, "...be of good cheer; I have overcome the world!" He did not say, "In a few days, I am going to overcome the world"; or even, "I will overcome the world." Jesus said, "I have overcome the world!" His faith was in the fact that the Almighty God, Who had sent Him to earth, would do what He promised He would do. Carring faith as a shield, Jesus went out into battle. He faced pain and suffering of the cross full of faith KNOWING that God was with Him, and had delivered all things into His hands. He faced death and the grave full of faith KNOWING that the grave could not hold Him! He knew that the Father was going to raise Him up on the third day! He faced Satan full of faith KNOWING that He was returning to the Father, where He was going to be highly exalted and given the Name that is above every name!!!

The Lord will take care of His children.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:58 AM

Greetings in the Name of our Lord, Jesus Christ,
Thanks so very much for the enlightment. It will challenge and encourage a lot of fellow christians.
LOVE You
Sister Gloria

Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Greetings in the Name of our Lord, Jesus Christ,
Thanks so very much for the enlightment. It will challenge and encourage a lot of fellow christians.
LOVE You
Sister Gloria
Praise be to God!....
..I LOVE........you too!......sister, Verna.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:25 AM

Dearly Beloved Sister Perry,
The smileys have given me a good laugh. I apreciate them. I am getting ready to go into prayer in about 8 minutes. It will soon be 9:30. It is so good to hear from you and hopefully we can become friends as well as sisters in Christ.
Yours In Christ,
Sister Gloria

Old 07-04-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Dearly Beloved Sister Perry,
The smileys have given me a good laugh. I apreciate them. I am getting ready to go into prayer in about 8 minutes. It will soon be 9:30. It is so good to hear from you and hopefully we can become friends as well as sisters in Christ.
Yours In Christ,
Sister Gloria
I'm glad I make you smile......would love to be friends Gloria<(Nice name...)...say a prayer for me...o.k?

Love, Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity