Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a seperate UR sub-forum? Discuss why, or why not, in your replies
Yes! UR's have taken over the forum...create the sub-forum 2 40.00%
No! Leave it the way it is...I like what is being debated... 1 20.00%
No! Ban UR discussion altogether on the forums, period! 2 40.00%
Whatever...I don't care... 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:40 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,888,562 times

Advertisements

Since the forum appears to be developing into a "battleground" of UR's vs ET Christians, should a sub-forum be created where UR's may discuss or debate their doctrines, without constant confrontation with "conventional" Christians?

Old 03-13-2010, 07:51 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Since the forum appears to be developing into a "battleground" of UR's vs ET Christians, should a sub-forum be created where UR's may discuss or debate their doctrines, without constant confrontation with "conventional" Christians?
Christians are defined by their belief in Jesus Christ as the Savior of us all . . . NOT by their belief in an eternally tormenting God!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 09:01 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,888,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Christians are defined by their belief in Jesus Christ as the Savior of us all . . . NOT by their belief in an eternally tormenting God!!!

You don't think ET'ers are Christians?

Actually...the fact of the matter is that there are millions of Christians who believe that God is going to send lots of people to hell, where they will be tormented forever and ever. (not necessarily what I believe, I'm just telling you what A LOT of Christians believe) There are all kinds of Christians. Some believe in ET, some do not.Believing in ET is not what determines whether one is a Christian, or not. Ditto for UR.

Bud

Old 03-13-2010, 09:07 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
You don't think ET'ers are Christians?
That is NOT what I said. I said that belief is NOT what defines a Christian . . . as the whiners seem to want to imply!!
Quote:
Actually...the fact of the matter is that there are millions of Christians who believe that God is going to send lots of people to hell, where they will be tormented forever and ever. (not necessarily what I believe, I'm just telling you what A LOT of Christians believe) There are all kinds of Christians. Some believe in ET, some do not.Believing in ET is not what determines whether one is a Christian, or not. Ditto for UR.
Bud
Then we are in agreement.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:20 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,939,556 times
Quote:
Conventional Christians? We're here just like everyone else, I think. To share the work of God's grace in our hearts and talk about Jesus and the Good News of the Gospel. Isn't that what brings the ETer's here? Besides, the ETer's give us all the more reason to search and compare the ETer's doctrines against the truth of scripture and the witness of the Holy Spirit within us.

Actually, it's been pretty edifying to discuss all these topics in an open forum such as this. Where else could I go and and meet such a diverse crowd of Christians? I can always opt out of a particular discussion or thread if it gets too wild. I've had a few nasty exchanges with some of the posters (Mike555 for instance...lol), but I have no malice at all towards him or anyone else and I hope he and others have none against me. I actually pray for you guys after discussions.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:20 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Bud,

I don't think so because it is not just the christians who believe in UR who bring up the topic, it is up to those that do not want to discuss UR to not respond. It is obvious to me that christians on both sides ET vs UR want to discuss it and where better than a christianity forum.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:37 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,521,759 times
This is the christian forum everyone whether Christian or non Christian, denominatiomal or non denominational are allowed to post here or in any other forum so long as they follow the TOS of City Data which we all agreed to abide by when we registered here..Enquiries for new forums should be posted in the About the forum section..Thank you all though for these posts and this thread is now closed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity