Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times

Advertisements

This is something so very small but it touched my heart.

I have been suffering with “dry cough” all week and the other evening I picked my youngest son (17 years old) up from a friend’s home and asked him to run into the store to get me some cough drops. I was parked outside the store and I could see my son talking to a young man who was trying to purchase something. The young man came out of the store and went into his car (parked) beside mine and then went back into the store. The man paid his purchase, came out of the store, waved at me and drove off. A minute later my son came into the car and said “That man was 0.25 short when trying to buy his purchase so I offered him some money. The man politely refused and when I went to pay for the cough drops the lady at the counter said that the man had paid for them already”.

Although this was just a package of cough drops, it touched my heart.

1) that my son offered the gentleman what he was short and
2) the gentleman was touched by my sons offer and paid for his cough drops

Random acts of kindness between two strangers goes a long way and when they occur it touches all hearts involved in a special way. My son is an inspiration to me as his faith in God is unbelievable for someone his age. He wears his religion on his sleeve and talks about God at every opportunity – even to total strangers. He is always “giving” and sometimes I worry he gives too much (as he is often paying for friends movie tickets, etc.) and he has very little in his own bank account as he is a student.

Do you have a Play it Forward story to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 01:27 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
That is so awesome! Kids are always an inspiration.

I don't have a pay it forward however, ever since my son was little, he would always be doing things for others. The earlist memory I have was when he was about 3 or so. We were in line someplace and I looked and he was gone. I really didn't panic as he never strayed very far. I looked over and he was holding the door open for an elderly lady who was having problems. He has always been a person who had a smile for everyone and talked to everyone no matter what age.

He is 17 now and still helps whenever and wherever he can. And like your son, he will give money to everyone or help out before he uses it for himself. He never asks to borrow any and if he has none, he finds ways to get what he needs. He'll do extra work and the like for me or his dad to make a little cash for the day or to fit his need.

I just wish more adults would learn from their kids. kids are more open to anything.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Thanks SisterKat, that was inspiring! You have a great 17 year old!

Old 03-29-2010, 03:39 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
That is very sweet. Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity