Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:34 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times

Advertisements

compared to the fit and finish on my bmw x3 and 328xi the wrangler is almost an embarresment and it cost more when the options we wanted were added. i only had 2 issues on mine.

i had mis-matched fenders and buzzing heater pipes, but the buzzing heater line pipes ,water leaks and now head problems seem to be very common in the 2012.

i moved away from american cars over 30 years ago and decided to try again. great welcome back looking at my jeep with 2 different color fenders on each side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I took the liberty to look at the guy that filmed this piece's other video's on you tube. I can honestly say I wasn't able to get past minute number 2 on any of them. I'll bet that AUTOMOBILE magazine will not be knocking on his door anytime soon.
Agreed. The guy is a terrible reviewer. Plus he just seemed to be making snide and heavy handed comments as if he went into the interview with an axe to grind against Chrysler. If he wanted to prove that their are fit and finish issues, perhaps if he looked at at least 3 300s and they all had the same wear problems, perhaps he would be on to something. Showing one beat on rental car proves nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
compared to the fit and finish on my bmw x3 and 328xi the wrangler is almost an embarresment and it cost more when the options we wanted were added. i only had 2 issues on mine.

i had mis-matched fenders and buzzing heater pipes, but the buzzing heater line pipes ,water leaks and now head problems seem to be very common in the 2012.
A comparison between a BMW and a Jeep Wrangler is very interesting. Personally, I don't care who makes it - I wouldn't buy a Wrangler period and use it for daily transportation. The newer, longer wheelbase versions ride better, but the short ones are intolerable to me on the highway because of the ride and vague handling. Also, the leaks? Of course. It has a removable top. I mean think about it for a second. A REMOVABLE top. What other vehicle has that? Everybody always assumes the Japanese and the Germans could do better at everything, but in reality there are some things they just avoid doing because they KNOW they will cause problems. If BMW DID build a Wrangler, it would probably be 60K - my guess. I would say, I have seen the problems BMWs have like with the fuel pumps on their inline-6 turbos and I can conclude that is an embarassment, but that would just be an opinion too. I haven't heard of head problems with the new Jeeps, though...

Old 02-06-2012, 09:06 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Seriously? Because some guy posted a video of a rental car with 35K miles on it?
No, not really. I realize that it's an abused rental and probably not a sample to judge all Chrysler products. I was going to say as much but didn't feel like editing my post.

How's that Challenger doing? I want an SRT-8 392 today. Do you think 2 car seats will fit in the back?

Old 02-06-2012, 10:41 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Let's be fair for a moment and point out that this car has 35K miles on it and was a rental. I'm sure it will now become a program car. Some of the items pointed out are probably due to normal wear/tear, but some looks like bad work at the factory. The "chrome" trim around the console flaking off is troubling. And WTF happened to the fuel door? You be the judge:

2011 Chrysler 300 Pentastar V6 Start Up, Quick Tour, & Rev With Exhaust View - 35K - YouTube
Are you always niceto your rental cars? I'm not. I hve gunned the gas, done wheelies... they take abuse. I've rented a Toyota Corola that was beaten up like this one.. so its not necessarily a Chrysler issue.

Now the Jeep with mismatched fenders.. I'd blame Chrysler.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,645,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

i moved away from american cars over 30 years ago and decided to try again. great welcome back looking at my jeep with 2 different color fenders on each side.
How embarrassed do your bmws get while offroading?

Old 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM

247 posts, read 538,052 times
It's called not taking care of something , when is this news or a question?

Old 02-06-2012, 03:42 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
How's that Challenger doing? I want an SRT-8 392 today. Do you think 2 car seats will fit in the back?
I'm loving it. Still have a big smile on my face every time I start it and hear that awesome engine. Although I have to say if I could do it over I would go for the 392 and pay the extra bucks. I have actually found myself looking at prices to see how much I would get killed trading in my 2010.

2 car seats woudl absolutely fit in the back.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:49 PM

774 posts, read 2,600,871 times
Can't really judge a companies reliability or build quality on rental cars. I know what they go throught. On a trip to Tennessee a couple years ago I misjudged a hill and launched an Altima several feet into the air. Nothing really worked very well after that and nothing in the front end lined up very well either. The gap at the top of the door was a lot tighter than the gap at the bottom.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I thought Chrysler fixed their fit and finish issues?
Why start now and change a life long tradition of below standard work.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
I will say that Chrysler "looks" like they have made strides in trying to improve. We bought a 2008 Compass (the wife wanted it). The interior was fine the first week, then I got sick of the hard plastics, the creaking noises, the POS CVT, no power in the engine and the seats hurt the living s--t out of my back on long distance trips. We traded it after only 7 months. It was worth taking the hit money-wise to get rid of it. That was the first Chrysler product in my life since my parents had a K-car. Hell, the K-car was more solid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram