Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:07 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,149,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Very nice Cardiff Giant!

I will share too...
Nice, man! I like the redline, I looked at one when I was shopping.

I would probably have the AWD model if I still lived up in NY. I bought a new G35x back in 2004 when I was living in NYC, traded it in on the Charger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 10:30 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Nice, man! I like the redline, I looked at one when I was shopping.

I would probably have the AWD model if I still lived up in NY. I bought a new G35x back in 2004 when I was living in NYC, traded it in on the Charger.
Although I am sure I would rather have it than not, I am ultimately a little disappointed in the AWD. It is tuned to allow some rear wheel spin before kicking in the fronts for performance reasons. Well, maybe if you want to do a bit of a drift around a turn it kicks the rear end out nicely. However, in snow when you want the AWD, it makes it more challenging to drive the car. The AWD does kick in, and it won't get stuck. However, it drives far more like a normal RWD initially than you would expect. Although, maybe my wife's Outback just spoils me as the AWD split is always there.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:34 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
For me, the limit is around 4-4.5 seconds 0-60. Better than that, and I feel like I'm wasting my money for a street driven vehicle. Honestly, I have more fun in the 5-6 second 0-60 range with a car that has a great suspension. I would have readily traded my 370Z for my friend's BRZ, and I did trade my Z06 for my 370Z. The more I learned HOW TO DRIVE, the more I valued driving dynamics.
Very good, then you realize why most cars with just raw power are just rocketships that can't turn. Not to mention high HP cars are really dangerous to drive, the wrong gear or just not paying attention can cause you to lose control.

BRZ with less HP is more fun on an open road than any RWD V8 that can't be controlled easily.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:18 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,047,730 times

Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Very good, then you realize why most cars with just raw power are just rocketships that can't turn. Not to mention high HP cars are really dangerous to drive, the wrong gear or just not paying attention can cause you to lose control.

BRZ with less HP is more fun on an open road than any RWD V8 that can't be controlled easily.
BRZ/FRS's are way underpowered in my opinion. I think they should've come with 230-250hp to be a good all around enthusiasts car. But then again, all I'm really interested in straight line speed. I love getting pushed into my seat, and most of my time is spent on straight road/highways. I can find them out in the country, but I really have to go out of my way to get to them. In any case, I have zero driving skill. Downshift, smash pedal, wait for redline and either kill it or shift again. It keeps my commutes interesting at least.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:43 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,819,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
If you want fast, forget the 1950s Mercedes engine that now wears the "hemi" badge. Look at a 2015 SRT3 Charger with the 6.4L engine. Try 485HP at 6000 rpms. While it's not a Hellcat, there's not a lot on the road that'll get near it. The car comes with the 8 speed auto. EPA is 15 city, 25 hiway. Or you could wait til June when the Scat Pack will hit the Charger. It will be wearing the same engine as the Hellcat but better. It'll also be sporting direct injection along with the supercharger. I haven't heard the HP numbers yet but those that have driven the test mules say there isn't a road tire made that can hold one down at any speed. Should be a real tire burner. Most likely will be a limited version.....and not a cheap date.
It's srt8, it does not have a 3cylinder, and there will be a hellcat version.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Actually, while I'm not a fan of either the Charger nor the Challenger, I have always thought the new Challengers to be hideous. And if I'm going to buy such a large vehicle, it better have 4 doors. Therefore, if I were in the market for a Dodge, I'd pick a Charger any day. I mean, why not? What does the Challenger have that the Charger doesn't? Aside from cumbersome 2-door issues?
A T-56 is about it, they weigh the same, oh, it has more ugly, what looks like a too high belt line, Jay Leno chin, bigger wheels. It's fast, but who cares with how misshapen it is, it outweighs it's competitors at 4xxx lbs, while the mustang and camaro are closer to 3400, the tires any trim comes with kinda suck.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I think you're right. I simply lumped it in because it resurrected the namesake, and was obviously a modern muscle car. Chrysler said as much. Technically though, the Camaro and Mustang (although some argue over the Yenko) was not a muscle car, but a pony car, and the Charger was more a muscle car.

I suppose one could argue that the Charger brought the Muscle car concept back. To me, THAT IS RETRO, but I get what you're saying about the styling, for sure.

Yes and no. Same driveline and chassis. But then again the Cadillac ATS and Camaro are rumored to share the same Chassis once the Camaro is revamped, I believe, and I wouldn't call them the same car.

Nor would I have called the Cadillac XLR-V a Corvette...
Sharing chassis doesn't matter, the body on it is what desinates it's class, you know how many "suvs" sit on car platforms? Technically the mustang and camaro are pony cars due to size, intermediate cars(mid size) were considered muscle cars as they were bigger and had bigger engines(68 charger with slantsix or 318 was not muscle), mustangs, darts, Novas, where smaller cars, thus pony cars, if they had a bigger engine(over 5.7ls) then they were muscle cars, such as the Shelby gt500 with a 428, or a 440 Dart.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:14 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,302,210 times
The new Charger taillights are very recognizable, and cool. Cops love the Charger..

Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Well, to be fair, my z06 was very controllable and handled very well. That said, it's envelope was just far greater than I had any use for on the street. Yes, not paying attention in that car could be a very bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram