Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 07:23 PM

652 posts, read 681,416 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to replace both of my stock shift knobs. One is located on the steering column and the other one is on the 4x4 stick. I've been trying to remove them without any luck. I figured it would be easy as turning them counter clockwise. However, it seems like that is not doing the trick. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas of how to remove them? I can take pictures if needed of what I'm trying to remove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 08:19 PM

I have some good and bad news. The good news is I was able to remove both knobs. The bad news is that I pretty well destroyed the knob that is located on the steering column. I know I have a good chance of replacing the knob for my 4x4 stick. I just don't know about the steering column knob. Anyways, that is the latest update for now.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:07 PM

Here is a couple of pics of what I've been working on over the weekend. I've finished putting on the new steering column shift knob. I was gonna put a Browning shift knob on the 4x4 stick. However, its a bit too long and it would be up against the dashboard. So, I'm gonna try taking it back tomorrow and get something round. Anyways, its been a fun project so far
Attached Thumbnails
1986 Dodge Ram ~ shift knobs replacement-dodge.jpg   1986 Dodge Ram ~ shift knobs replacement-dodge3.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram