Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 08:19 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times

Advertisements

707 HP he should of got away 0-60 2.7 secs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 08:49 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Anybody who needs explaining why you'd want to drive a Hellcat like you stole it needs to get off this forum.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:52 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That was no accident.
I retired as a trucker and state police departments talked to us all the time. I have been witness or participant in three different cases of dangerous drivers being slowed down or trapped as the result of a request (via CB) from the police.
Isn't creating road blocks in itself dangerous? How do you pull it off not knowing where the Hellcat is and when it is going to show up behind you? There is other traffic on the road.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:20 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,739,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Anybody who needs explaining why you'd want to drive a Hellcat like you stole it needs to get off this forum.
Of course anyone who drives a Hellcat like they stole it a) probably couldn't afford it, b) would probably kill themselves, or c) if they lived long enough would probably kill someone else.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Isn't creating road blocks in itself dangerous? How do you pull it off not knowing where the Hellcat is and when it is going to show up behind you? There is other traffic on the road.
I guess you'd have to be a trucker to understand it, but I'll try.

We use mile markers as landmarks. So I might hear call something like:
Breaker one-nine... Indiana Smokey here Southbound at the 129 marker. Looking for a speeding Southbound 4 wheeler, yellow in color.

Thunderbutt here..... he just blew past me at the 120.

Dirtclod here...I ain't seen him yet here at the 115. Me and the flatbed can make a rolling roadblock if you like.

Smoky here.... 10-4 on that, Dirtclod. Appreciate your help.

I saw a drunk get hemmed in in Birmingham by 4 or 5 rigs. They held him in the box while they called for help. Cops showed up pretty quick and the truckers coordinated to give the drunk an exit so the cop could get to him.

Like I said, Truckers and Bears (cops) are always talking to each other. One night in Missouri, a bear raced up alongside me and called over, "Looking for a red sedan. You seen him?"
Before I could say yes, another trucker came up and said, "He's down here at the 22. You want us to slow him down?"
"Yeah, if you wouldn't mind."
Then I didn't hear any more, but when I finally caught up to everyone the car was out in a field and the cops were on foot.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:31 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

If I can take a page from the anti gunners book. Why does anyone need a car that can go that fast? We need to have common sense high horsepower car laws. That car should be banned. We need to have waiting periods, back ground checks and close the car dealer loop holes. Cars that were designed for the race track have no place in the hands of a civilian on our streets. Car owners like that don't need such a powerful car to get from point A to B they can do the same with a single shot Prius and if they can't then they shouldn't be driving....
Just stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post

This is probably the dumbest argument I'll read all day. One is a weapon. The other is a car.

I'm a gun owner (even an AR15 owner as well) and gun laws need to change DRASTICALLY. Funny how you have to have a license to drive a car but I'm allowed to sell my AR15 to a 12 yr old if I wanted to.
Thank you.

(I wonder what his monthly premium on his Hellcat will be. Good luck with that.)

Old 03-24-2018, 04:25 AM

7,188 posts, read 9,322,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'm more curious what type of cruiser the officer was driving to hit 150MPH? A Charger? twin turbo Taurus?
Exactly. I didn't know cop cars could do 150 mph.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:14 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,241,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Exactly. I didn't know cop cars could do 150 mph.
Only some of them. Going back to the 90's/early 2000's Caprice/Crown Vic era, those cars could only hit about 125mph if they had the full light bar on the roof. They keep getting incrementally faster, just like civilian cars have.

Some cop cars have been able to hit 150 for decades now, the TX highway patrol used to use Camaro Z28's that could do 150 with the "slim" lightbar. Now they're in Chargers here.

I forget which magazine it was, but one of them recently did a test on which kinds of cars you could outrun the cops in. They had like 4 different cars, ranging from a cheap econobox to a Ferrari 488, going up against a Charger on a race track. Only the Ferrari was quick enough to completely lose the cop car within 1 mile or something, the next fastest was a bit iffy, like a 50-50 chance, the slower two they said you better just pull over and not embarrass yourself LOL.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:58 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
If he loves fast cars and fast driving, he should move in to Germany, but there he wouldn't impress anyone.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Hell, even that new KIA Steinger does 167. I bet a lot of Hellcat guys are really upset that they bought one , now that the Demon has come out !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram