Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 01:07 PM

29,434 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

I've been building up '18 2500's on the Ram website for the past 6 months. Finally decided it was time and talked to my friend that manages the local dealer. Seems like I'm too late to order an '18 and there was nothing remotely close to what I wanted on the lot and anywhere local. And in reality, I'd be hard pressed to swing the price, which also excludes the new '19 , although they are badass looking.

So, he asked, why not a 1500. I really don't tow anywhere near the weight and or amount that I used to. And I wasn't planning on going the diesel route again anyway. So, today I built one up on the website and think I'd be pretty happy with it. So I sent him the info and some numbers are being crunched. Most likely will have to order it though.

2019 Ram 1500 4wd crew cab 6'4" box
5.7Hemi, I didn't go with the etech one
Offroad package
Sport package
3:92 gears
Tow group
Delmonico Red

I'm thinking it should be a decent truck. Anyone have any feedback or suggestions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 07:35 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,411,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I've been building up '18 2500's on the Ram website for the past 6 months. Finally decided it was time and talked to my friend that manages the local dealer. Seems like I'm too late to order an '18 and there was nothing remotely close to what I wanted on the lot and anywhere local. And in reality, I'd be hard pressed to swing the price, which also excludes the new '19 , although they are badass looking.

So, he asked, why not a 1500. I really don't tow anywhere near the weight and or amount that I used to. And I wasn't planning on going the diesel route again anyway. So, today I built one up on the website and think I'd be pretty happy with it. So I sent him the info and some numbers are being crunched. Most likely will have to order it though.

Offroad package
Sport package
Tow group
Delmonico Red

I'm thinking it should be a decent truck. Anyone have any feedback or suggestions ?
The 2019 Ram Pickup got truck of the year award from motor trend at the Detroit international auto show.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:27 PM

518 posts, read 868,570 times
Quote:

Offroad package
Sport package
Tow group
Delmonico Red

You can't go wrong.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:50 PM

628 posts, read 838,102 times
Have you thought about the Ford F150 or Chevrolet Silverado they are more reliable then the Ram and the Silverado was just redesigned also for 2019 or get a Tundra if you want something even more reliable but the Tundra is over 10 year old design through.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:34 AM

29,434 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwh View Post
Have you thought about the Ford F150 or Chevrolet Silverado they are more reliable then the Ram and the Silverado was just redesigned also for 2019 or get a Tundra if you want something even more reliable but the Tundra is over 10 year old design through.
Don't like the styling of the F150, and while the running gear of the GM product is a definite winner, again, don't like the styling although it would be my second choice. I designed several of the interior components on the new GM pickups and full size SUV's. As far as Asian OEM's, I'll say I will never own one.

I get employee pricing on the RAM, and do not on the GM product. That is another deciding factor.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 AM

5,341 posts, read 14,134,112 times
Quote:

Offroad package
Sport package
Tow group
Delmonico Red

I am probably a little late, but I would definitely order it with the bigger gas tank (31 gallons?).

Old 07-12-2019, 09:59 AM

5,341 posts, read 14,134,112 times
Quote:
Chevy...not a chance I would look at a Chevy. EVER. Not sure where you are getting that the Silverado has anything on reliability over the RAM. Those days are over.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:45 AM

290 posts, read 249,775 times
I had a Ram 1500 Quad Cab nearly identical to what you're ordering. It was a great vehicle and was reliable and a comfortable ride. I only had one complaint about it. If you actually weigh yours (I did) and subtract that from your GVWR, you'll find it has a very small payload left. Mine had only 900 lbs. of legal payload in the factory configuration (I didn't change anything except adding steps).

My wife's Camry actually has a larger payload capacity (950). We could tow our camper with it, but couldn't put anything at all in the bed. I eventually upgraded to a 2500 because of limitations while towing.

Not trying to change your mind or anything, just giving a data point. I didn't realize how much the empty truck weighed when I bought it, so I was a little surprised by the low payload.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:03 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,659,943 times
Quote:
I don't know that I'd hedge my bets on Ford, Chevy, or Toyota against RAM now. They're pretty darned reliable. RAM has come a long way in the past decade to the point that we now have completely switched from Ford over to Chrylser (something we swore we would never do) because they're hard to beat for the money.

OP.... sounds like a great choice to me. You'll enjoy it!

Old 07-24-2019, 02:54 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
Chevy...not a chance I would look at a Chevy. EVER. Not sure where you are getting that the Silverado has anything on reliability over the RAM. Those days are over.
The GM trucks don’t even have sales to gloat about over RAM anymore. That should say enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram