Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:50 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Glad he is ok. Thats what insurance is for. He will now be a better driver, someone will pay the increase in insurance rates and I hope he has a clean driving record up to this point.
Up to this point he's had a flawless driving record. Pretty impressive for a 21 year old single male that drives a sports car as his regular driver and puts a good 30,000 miles a year on it - lots of road trips.

I'm looking at it as a live and learn experience. I'm sure he'll barely creep at all down that hill now. May go slower than needed, but that's fine. At least he'll be safe. And it was a learning experience that couldn't have gone any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 07:59 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,476,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
no way. That was very survivable. If you want to look at a mangled car just look at something 30 years older in a similar crash. This vehicle held up marvolously in comparison.
Very VERY true. I watch the old car crashes on YouTube and while to old cars may seem more "solid", they actually were like tin cans when it came to bad accidents.
This video clearly shows how the newer cars save lives...as they destroy a classic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81rZzcf3dF8

Old 02-15-2010, 08:08 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,220,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Very VERY true. I watch the old car crashes on YouTube and while to old cars may seem more "solid", they actually were like tin cans when it came to bad accidents.
This video clearly shows how the newer cars save lives...as they destroy a classic!
You're going to start a war with that video... I would remove it if I were truly trying to change my ways.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:11 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
You're going to start a war with that video... I would remove it if I were truly trying to change my ways.

Why?

Are you one of those that refuses to admit that newer technology has made cars safer?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Why?
Are you one of those that refuses to admit that newer technology has made cars safer?
I am not saying that at all. I refuse to give my opinion because a riot will ensue.

Look... see your trying to start a fire, put out that match boy!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I am not saying that at all. I refuse to give my opinion because a riot will ensue.
Look... see your trying to start a fire, put out that match boy!
I was just asking a question...

not trying to start anything.

Buffoons that do not realize the engineering advances in safety just might start something, but it will just be entertainment to me.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Buffoons that do not realize the engineering advances in safety just might start something, but it will just be entertainment to me.
Yes, there are certainly people very set in their thinking about the older designs. However on the same token, there are people on the new-and-improved side that don't understand particular aspects of what their opposition is talking about.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, there are certainly people very set in their thinking about the older designs. However on the same token, there are people on the new-and-improved side that don't understand particular aspects of what their opposition is talking about.

Luckily, I span the generations, so I can evaluate arguments that come from then and now.

I prefer old cars... but I understand the limitations.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:15 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
I just saw where 25% of all accidents are caused by people using the cell phone while driving.I have one question.Does he have a cell phone and did he have it with him?........be honest..thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram